Life Size Warhammer 40k Replicas!

By Inquistor Hexx, in Fan Art

I've been running a Warhammer 40k game since Dark Heresy first came out and after years of playing with my group, I decided to make some props to give players as honors, as well as a few weapons to have laying around just in case ;)

Cadian Bolt Pistol-

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0492.jpg

Inferno Pistol -

IMG_0494sm.jpg

IMG_0519sm.jpg

Now for some non-weapon stuff!

Here's Purity Seals!

purity_seal_set2.jpg

And Imperial Guard Medals of Honor -

veneratio_medal_1.jpg

starburst_medal_2.jpg

All of these props are resin castings of sculpts I did in various mediums. I've given out quite a few of them now and my group absolutely flipped out the first time I handed them their Purity Seals. They still wear them and their medals to every game haha. The guns are just fun to have on the table while we play, and when fighting gets thick someone always grabs one and starts pantomiming their character which has lead to some hysterical scenes in the game room.

Honestly it was probably the best thing I did in that game, and recommend it! If you can't sculpt, just print out purity seals that are life sized and give them to your players. They really respond well to it! :)

Some new versions:

Standard Bolt Pistol:

bolt_pistol_1sm.jpg

Master Crafted Inferno Pistol

white_inferno_sm.jpg

Color version of the Medals of Honor, including the Medusa V Victory Medal

IMG_0563sm.jpg

These look amazing! Could you go into any more detail about the making of them? What did you sculpt in and how did you cast them?

Thanks,

Sondar

I needed something extra to put next to the bolt pistol on the shelf so I whipped up some bolt shells for Christmas!

I am going to make a couple more and use them as Christmas Tree ornaments :D

bolt_shells_bordered.jpg

I actually have a blog where I go into details about how I make a bunch of my props!

steamtech1876.blogspot.com/

Cheers all!

My, my, my. This is amazing! I am a bit envious of your group if you are giving these as rewards for your game.! Fantastic job.

Praetus Severus Constantine

Adeptus Arbites

Definitely watching you on Facebook! Your work is incredible!