List of supported Android devices

By dorianm, in Elder Sign: Omens

I wanted to buy Omens on Android Market, and saw that id did not appear. Then, I went through the FFG site to reach its page and receive notification that it is not compatible with my device (Samsung Galaxy Ace, Android 2.3.3). Isn't it supposed to work on everything with 2.2 and above? Is the notification false? It might be helpful to post a list of supported devices.

I have an LG Optimus V running 2.2.1.and it is incompatible with that.. Is there a list of supported devices? It says it supports 2.2+ - so what is the deal?

I have 2.3.7 and it doesn't run.

it is 4 bucks... just buy it.. and if you uninstall it will refund you money.,. that is how android market works.

I have a HTC EVO 4G, and the only problem that I had was once the program started downloading the extra data, I was getting some kind of "java.IOException" error. Yet, when I started playing, nothing seemed to have gone wrong and it plays perfectly. I will say...what a hell of a beautiful game. The graphics are amazing.

Have HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5 and market even don't let me to download this game saying it is incompatible with my device. :(

It works great in Samsung Galaxy S II and Acer Iconia A500

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: I bought it from android market and try to download but it fail. It claims that I have no free space however I got more thatn 5,5GB free internal memory and more than 4GB on SD card. I tried to do the same here: market.android.com/details and its not working :(

Same here I have a LG Optimus, runs Android 2.2, I bought the app and tried to download it and it starts to but then it fails.

I think there is a pattern here.

ArnĂ³r

Companies who do half-assed releases on the Android platform risk negative feedback from their customers...

I'm sure FFG will work on backwards compatiability... but in all honesty can you really expect them to cater to every single platform and ageing out of date smart phone, especially where there are dozens of versions of smartphone OS out there. It's a $4 app, give them a bit of a break. As a marketing exercise, they will always look at the majority market capture first, and should sales be successful, they will then consider backwards compatiabilty.

I have a HTC Incredible S, it works fine on that. Mate of mine I was playing LOTR:LCG with last night has a Samsung Optimus and it didn't even appear on his Android market.

I attempted to send it across to him via both Bluetooth and email and it wouldn't work.

Not sure if there are emulators or other software that will allow a file transfer...

Klaen said:

I'm sure FFG will work on backwards compatiability... but in all honesty can you really expect them to cater to every single platform and ageing out of date smart phone, especially where there are dozens of versions of smartphone OS out there. It's a $4 app, give them a bit of a break. As a marketing exercise, they will always look at the majority market capture first, and should sales be successful, they will then consider backwards compatiabilty.

At least it's becoming obvious why Android apps are a risk. Way too many compatibility issues and fixing them costs time and money, just so they can get $4 from a customer once. I've had an iphone and a droid and I'll never get a droid again.

T-Mobile MyTouch 4g...also an HTC device.

Purchased via the phone Marketplace and the game works just fine. Well worth the $4.

I too get "not enough space" on Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. Does it require an external SD card? Maybe it just needs a fix.

I had originally come here to mirror other's concerns that the game wasn't installing correctly. Upon further research however I've discovered this is actually an issue with the recent updates to the Android Marketplace and has nothing to do with Fantasy Flight! To correct this issue please go into settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Android Market -> "Uninstall Updates" ... this will revert the Market to its original version and after that the game should install just fine! Enjoy all!

Still having lots of crashes after about 2 mins. of playing.. :| I'm really angry about this.

Using a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.5

manful said:

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: I bought it from android market and try to download but it fail. It claims that I have no free space however I got more thatn 5,5GB free internal memory and more than 4GB on SD card. I tried to do the same here: market.android.com/details and its not working :(

I did post about installing it on Samsung Galaxy S on the main page.

I got it working by upgrading Android OS from 2.2 to 2.3.3 then I while installing got the same error as you. There are more solution for this, the easiest one is to try remove all cache from Android Market application and if it does not help then downgrade Andorid Market application. The other are related to some changes in location of cache files etc. That seemed to be a biot complicated so I simply downgraded and it worked, I was able to install omens after that and am playing it since. The game is really cool and working nicely on Galaxy S.

I'm running it on a Nook Color with the Cyanogen 7 mod (android OS 2.3.7) and it runs great on that. I think the Android tablet platform (whether "hacked" or not) is usually always best for gaming.

BPB said:

I'm running it on a Nook Color with the Cyanogen 7 mod (android OS 2.3.7) and it runs great on that. I think the Android tablet platform (whether "hacked" or not) is usually always best for gaming.

I run Cyanogen 7.0.3.1on Android 2.3.3, and I have had nothing but great luck with anything that I have installed.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) running FroYo (2.2), and the Market App & web site are telling me Elder Sign: Omens is not compatible. I've tried downgrading the Market app as suggested, with no luck. Is there really an incompatibility? Any other ideas? Thanks!

First you need to upgrade Android to 2.3.3. It seems to be not supported by combination of Galaxy S and Android 2.2.

Galaxy S Plus (I9001) with 2.3.4, is working perfectly.

Piter

Looks like they posted an update that fixed the download issue. But now it crashes as it tries to load. Baby steps... :)

Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 with 2.2 Froyo (yea, the OLD stuff)

Game is perfectly fine, not a single problem occured, everything works smooth just like it should be. I'm impressed.

I'm running it on a rooted Nook Color with the stock 1.4.1 OS. it works fine except the tutorial videos wouldn't play until I converted them to a lower resolution.

The game is a little choppy and slow sometimes, but totally playable.