Most quotable thing you have ever heard thread

By TwilitNothing, in Odds & Ends

Have you heard something recently that you have wanted to quote? Never had a time or place to use it? Well, just post i here! I'll start.

"I double-posted once. A few years later when I was in Judo Class, I got dropped kicked in the face. Everyone said it was because I was in judo, but they all knew it was really because I double-posted"-devilmonkey from the old forums

" I'm not fat! I'm gravatiationly challenged!" - some kid in my class

"All problems can be solved with a Budweiser and a double-barreled shot gun"- My best friend's weird uncle

Here, take these Chems as a way of saying, " I'm sorry I twisted your DNA like a Kitten with a yarn ball".-Moira, Fallout 3

"Romeo... wait, no. Juliet! Ugh! RIKU!!!"

This is something I said while my friend was asking me about the first KH game, and I got side tracked with reading "Romeo and Juliet". My friend always said I should post it somewhere. lengua.gif

you're kind of a ditz arnt you

Actually, no. Quite the opposite, really. But my brain tends to shut down at 1:30 in the morning, and doesn't start up again till 8am. And this occured at 3am, at a sleep over where we were both extreamely bored and she was playing the first game and trying to get as far as she could before she passed out from exaustion. lengua.gif

oh that explains it that reminds me of the time me and my friend were playing force unleashed at about 4 in the morning im siting in a chair watching him play than i notice he keeps walking into walls so i look over and hes got his eyes closed and is just pressing buttons he wakes up and is like where the hell am i

oh and i have two fav quotes the first is "you only see two things in people what you wanna see and what they wanna show you" -Harry, Dexter

and " the only thing evil needs to win is for good people to do nothing" i forget where i heard that one

"I'm the magical cowlick fairy" - Paniponi Dash, the magical cowlick fairy.

No more need be said.

"Just remember one thing."
*Scrawls words on note then hops on the train.*
The note says:
YOU ARE LISA SIMPSON

This was one of my favorite moments in The Simpsons history. I can confidentaly say that I've seen every episode. This beats every moment.

"We have nothing to fear but fear of Tigers."-Tiger attack survivor.

"i have a theory that clouds taste like jesus, but its just a theory" -P.D

"It's raining men!...HALLELUJAH!"-too funny...

"HA HA HA HA! I'll beat you in one more card! Oh,wait, not that one!" - My WoW TCG Opponent

"this is the neiborhood watch commite reminding you that necrophelia is still illegal " - yu yu hakasho abridged

"PROCRASTINATORS UNITE...tommorow..."

"I rerject your reality and subsitute it with my own!"

TheChampIsHere said:

i have that shirt

and i love mythbusters

"Drink up me hearties yo ho!" -CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow

blasphemous hero said:

TheChampIsHere said:

i have that shirt

and i love mythbusters

Thats where I saw it, off the shirt...it was so funny.

"the people living there know of thirst, hunger, disease they suffer all these things and in the end they grow old and die but for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun becase they know these hardships they also know the meaning of happiness compared to theirs our perfect world seems cold and sterile " - the master, megaman legends 2

"I have no idea how to read technologocal illiterate" from Zexy Penguin to my Girlfriend. lol

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

"Drink up me hearties yo ho!" -CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow

Absolute awesomeness!! I second this quote!

blasphemous hero said:

"the people living there know of thirst, hunger, disease they suffer all these things and in the end they grow old and die but for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun becase they know these hardships they also know the meaning of happiness compared to theirs our perfect world seems cold and sterile " - the master, megaman legends 2

Brilliant game, awesome series, 'n in my opinion, arguably the best trio of games from Megaman. The Legends rock!

"People are like slinkys. They really have no point or purpose in life, but are really fun to push down a flight of stairs!"

I tell this to people before we reach a flight of steps to see how they react. It's a lot of fun!

This is a quote that I'd like to share about human condition, in specific, it's instinct and what is becoming of it. But to understand it more, you must know that a 'Doll' is a perfect human being without the humanity. We create dolls in our image, even though there is no point, we create them as perfect versions of ourselves. But we do not make them human. That is what separates us from them. In practice, the computer you use to read this message is a perfect doll of a human; parts we can replace from others of it's kind, memory, the ability to think and process what it is given and share that with others. But it is not sentient or alive, and that is all that separates it from us.

Now for the quote itself:

"A human being is just a complex piece of technology for storing external memory in walking devices that exist only to spread the information and data that they have been installed with. Over a period of years these devices eventually rot and out of deranged rituals the other devices leave what remains of the device in a place where no more memory can be written on the device or anything can ever find it again.

'Humanity is the operating system that keeps these devices in check, but without the regular maintenance these devices have only served to create yet more devices, mulitply, and infect others still with the same processes in the same way a virus would. But these devices are not viruses, they are merely recepticles for the viruses and when the last scrap of the operating system has finally burnt out then the virus will finally take over and scrap these devices permanently.

'The virus is known as decadence. As these living devices create inanimate versions of themselves to keep and install memory on to share with others, the original devices slowly become more and more useless. As the uselessness grows so does the decadence. The room left by the dying operating system leaves room only for indulgence and these devices when faced with self-indulgence will only derive happiness from that decadence. As the decadence is fed, the device will grow attached to it, making it it's own personal thing, but as the devices share more information, they lose their own personality to become a conglomerate of themselves and everything they have ever met and become part of.

'The personality and individuality they have developed only to share with others quickly dies out. The devices that exist only to share eventually become the mass conglomerate of unique thought known as Human Consciousness. This leads to yet more frequent sharing of data. Because the devices are all programmed to recreate what they are, they recreate this collective consciousness using the dolls called 'Computers' into a connected web through which the sharing of data becomes easier still, furthering the fall to decadence.

'As this decadence grows, the devices are becoming more attached to the dolls they created to share information for them, idealising them and idolising them. The devices seek to become better than they were made to be, even though they have rotted and allowed themselves to become inferior to their creations. Because their creations lack the twin viruses of emotion and decadence, they represent the pinnacle that a human device can aspire to.

'Now even the devices can no longer decide what is truly the aspect of their system of operation, as decadence and emotion take more considerable place than the system ever did, and what remains of it is not enough to function with. These human devices can no longer think for themselves, only for each other."

I had to crop it considerably so as not to majorly offend anyone, but that's the gist of it. If anybody's interested then drop me a message/email and I'll give them the full version if they so wish.

On a less serious note:
"Bannanahammock" - JD from Scrubs

Darkwing Duck said:

"i have a theory that clouds taste like jesus, but its just a theory" -P.D

I LOVE SXEPHIL!!!!

"I'd say that you fail, but that would only encourage you to try and not fail, which we both know is not possible"

"If you need help on how to get through the hotels, look in the enclosed instruction manuel"

"You have to be lost to find the places that can't be found...Or else everyone would know where they are"-Captain Barbosa