Homebrewed Magnus

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I know Elric, I've read them. One of my techniques is partly ispired by your ideas. And they are not really techniques... more like Ophiucos advanced, but read it yourself.

Edit: I hesitated to call those Ophiucos Magister because of the changed mechanics and the sacrifice stuff, but yeah, one could call it Ophiucos Magister.

Edited by Heart of the Tiger

I just read your rules and I like them very much. They are a beautiful alternative to what I've designed for very Ophiucos-focused characters!

Anyway, for representing Byakuya's shikai and/or Bankai have you given any reading to the Asteroid Impossible Weapon I designed a while ago to add it to the Planetary Impossible Weapons (which were originally designed by King Vitty)? The use of Asteroid (and its Magister version) is extremely similar to Byakuya's fighting technique, so I suggest you to give it a look. If for some reason you cannot find it in the forum, just write back, and I'll conveniently post it here.

Thank you. What do you think of the costs and the bonuses? I think the DP and MK costs may be too high, considering that many characters won't be able to reach the prerequisites for Ophiucos prior to level 8 or 10. Maybe I'll rework the whole Impossible Weapon.

I thought of something like this:

Ophiucos, Limited Use:

Prerequisites: Attack Ability 150+, Aura Extension, Inhumanity

DP: 10 MK: 20

Ophiucos, Area Liberation

Prerequisites: Attack Ability 200+, Limited Use

DP: 10 MK: 30

Ophiucos, Absolute Liberation

Prerequisites: Attack Ability 250+, Area Liberation, Zen

DP: 30 MK: 50

This way, the wohle thing is rearranged into "techniques", that can be bought a lot earlier than before and you dont need to save up that much DP or MK.

Anyway, I'll probably set the minimum cost for Area Liberation Mastery to 5 ki points, that seems reasonable.

Still trying to wrap my head around the final technique, bonuses seem very high, but so are the maluses. I mean you're gonna drop unconcious without any ki points... and for a whole day. Please note that, for the final technique, i tried to make the **** thing unappealing for characters with too many ki points, while still balancing it around ki. Someone with very many ki points will probably last 1 or max 2 rounds longer than someone with just their base amount.

If you, or someone else has an idea for additional techniques, please don't hesitate to post them.

And I really can't seem to find those Planetary Impossible Weapons, please post the link.

Here is the link: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/59935-ars-magnus-of-the-planets/?hl=%2Bimpossible+%2Bweapons

However, Asteroid Belt was never posted, so I will take the liberty to do so:

ASTEROIDS:FRAGMENTED WEAPON

Requirements: Will10+, Attack160+, Defense160+, Inhumanity.

Base Weapon: None.

Cost: 60 MK: 60

Base Damage: 60/70. Speed: +10/+5.

Primary: Cut. Secondary: Thrust.

Breakage: 2/3. Fortitude: N/A.

Req. Str.: N/A. Presence: As Base.

Special: Damage, Fragmentation, Fragment Barrier, Fragment Belt, Fragment Spry, Size Dependence.

Quality: Asteroids benefits from any Quality bonus the fragmented weapon has.

Damage: Asteroids doesn’t add the Strength bonus of the user to its Damage.

Fragmentation: Before rolling for Initiative, the user of Asteroids must hold a Medium Sized or Larger weapon in hand and spend 10ki points in order to be able to use the Magnus in that turn. When fragmenting the weapon the user chooses whether to use it for a Fragment Barrier, a Fragment Belt or a Fragment Spray. During following turns the weapon can be kept in the same form without spending any further ki points or it can be shifted to a different Fragmented form at a cost of 5 points or returned to normal at a cost of 1 point. While controlling Asteroids a character cannot make any Attack Action, nor combine it with any Technique or Ars Magnus.

Fragment Barrier: Fragment Barrier grants its user a Supernatural Shield with 200 Resistance Points if generated from a Medium Sized Weapon and 300 Resistance Points if generated from a Large Sized Weapon, regenerating completely its Resistance Points at the beginning of each turn. Whenever the Fragment Barrier blocks an opponent’s melee attack, the offender suffers an Asteroids Attack with a Predetermined Final Attack Value of Almost Impossible plus Asteroid’s Quality Bonus. The user cannot spend Fatigue points to increase Defense Rolls with Fragment Barrier. Such attacks allow no Counterattack.

Fragment Belt: Fragment Belt creates an Asteroids circular belt around the user with a radius of 2m for a Medium Sized Weapon and 3m for a Large Sized Medium. The belt moves with the user who can walk with his normal Movement value, but can’t run. Whenever an individual, friendly or enemy is caught within the belt, he/she will automatically suffer an Asteroids Attack with a Predetermined Final Attack Value of Almost Impossible plus Asteroid’s Quality Bonus. Such attacks allow no Counterattack.

Fragment Spray: Fragment Spray allows its user to make a single Area Attack affecting all individuals in front of him caught within a trail wide 2m and long 4m for a Medium Sized weapon and 6m for a Large Sized weapon, with only a -10 penalty to the Attack Roll. The user cannot spend Fatigue points to increase Attack Rolls with Fragment Spray.

Size Dependence: The first indicated values for Damage, Speed and Breakage is for Asteroids generated from a Medium Weapon, while the second values are for Asteroids generated from Large Weapons. If Asteroids is generated from an Enormous weapon, increase Damage by 10, Breakage by 1, reduce Speed by -5 increase the Fragment Barrier Resistance Points by 100, the Fragment Belt radius by 1m, and the Fragment Spray range by 2m. If Asteroids is generated from a Gigantic weapon, apply the same bonuses and penalties again. Note that the user of Asteroids doesn’t need to be able to actually wield the weapon he/she turns into Asteroids, needing only to hold it somehow before rolling Initiative, in order to fragment it.

ASTEROIDS MAGISTER

Requirements: Asteroids, Willpower11+, Attack200+, Defense200+, Zen.

Base Weapon: -.

Cost: 30 MK: 30

Choose 3 of the following advantages.

Controlled Belt: Only opponents caught within the belt are affected. The user can now move up to once and a half his normal pace Movement.

Improved Spray: Fragment Spray now only hits chosen opponents and has no Attack Roll penalty at all.

Independent Fragments: While using any of the Asteroids attacks or defenses, the user may act on his own, even attacking and using any Magnus or Technique. Any Magnus or Technique used can never affect any of the attacks or defenses made through Asteroids.

Lethality Increment: Each turn the Asteroids user decides to maintain a previously cast Fragment Barrier or Fragment Belt, he/she can choose to spend ki points and Fatigue points to increase by 1 Difficulty Level of The Predetermined Attack value used by these two Asteroid forms. Getting the Difficulty Level from Almost Impossible to Impossible costs 10ki points and 1 Fatigue point. Getting the Difficulty Level from Impossible to Inhuman costs 20ki points and 2 Fatigue points. Getting the Difficulty Level from Inhuman to Zen costs 30ki points and 3 Fatigue points. No more than 1 Difficulty Level increment can be achieved each turn, but once achieved Difficulty Levels Increment will apply to both Fragment Barrier and Fragment Belt forms and remain active for as long as Asteroids is used and the weapon is kept fragmented.

Physical Exploit: The user can spend Fatigue Points to increase the Defense Roll using Fragment Barrier and the Attack Roll using Fragment Spray.

Stronger Barrier: The Fragment Barrier now has 250 Resistance Points if cast from a Medium Sized Weapon and 400 Resistance Points if cast from a Large Sized Weapon, plus 150 Resistance Points for each size increase, instead of +100.

Just to make it clear: I did invent the Asteroid Belt Magnus BUT NOT the other Planetary Impossible Weapons Magnus. I just wanted to point this out. They are being used in my campaign and I consider them a great addition to the game, but I wouldn't want to ever steal the intellectual property of someone else.

I prefer Ophiucos to remain as a high-level Magnus for really dedicated fighters (besides it's really difficult for a fighter with 150 attack to own 10 Swords of +10Quality...unless he's got Noah's Elan, of course), so I wouldn't split its cost/abilities. I know it's a pain having to wait for it, but it's part of its beauty in my opinion. As for your costs and options for higher level uses of Ophiucos, I found them rather balanced, really!

About the Asteroids Weapon:

Great work. I'd probably make it a little more expensive DP and MK wise and let it scale a little bit better or else I can see it becoming rather annoying at high levels.

Fragment Belt and Fragment Barrier: I would balance numbers around the users average attack/defense (a/d) ability, for example if a/d is 220 (230 attack, 210 defense), the default predetermined attack/defense would be 180+ quality bonus, if a/d was 250, it would be 240+ quality bonus. But that may be worth a Magister upgrade

Lethality Increment: Boah, powerful stuff. With the above in mind I'd only allow a 2 step upgrade (maybe only 1 step).

Anyway, since you once said you play past level 15, you should consider altering difficulty levels a bit, especially with this Impossible Weapon in mind.For example, right now difficulty levels are 80,120,140,180,240,280,320,440,660. Why? Everyone seems to think 660 to be the next difficulty level after 440, only because of the technique pushing stuff. I'd rather make it 80,120,140,180,240,280,320,440,540,660 (or even 560,700).

I forgot: If used in my game, this Impossible Weapon will likely have the willpower prerequisite swapped with dexterity or agility.

And you're right, your Asteroid Magnus really is a bit more similar to Senbonzakura, or Senbonzakura Kageyoshi (for the magister version), while Ophiucos is closer to Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.

I know I'm typically rather adamant about things scaling with Level, or with other things for that matter, but with a good reason, 90DP and 90MK are a huge Investment for most characters. If you are a Wizard you basically get lots of stuff for free and don't get me started on psychers. But you know what they all have in common? Their stuff scales.

I updated my post on the cipher forums. Also some new stuff.

Hey there guys and gals. I come bearing a new little toy to play with. I do wish to warn that this is still being revised, I am mainly posting it here seeking some form of opinions on it. Like changes to requirements etc etc. Well, Anyways without further Rambling here it is.

Transformation: Incarnation of the Void

Requirements: 200+ Attack Ability, 200+ Defense Ability, Pow 12+, Presence/Emptiness Extrusion, One with the Nothing, Inhumanity

Legacy of Blood: Existence Eater

DP: 50 MK: 50

By the practice of Nemesis, the existence eater is able to fully commune with the void and fuse him/herself with it for a short time using it in a way similar to Nemesis to gain power. However fusing ones self with the primal void is incredibly dangerous and not without its risks. This ability costs 10 ki per turn and is an active action to activate. From the moment this ability is activated the user must make a PhR with a difficulty of 40 or loose life points equal to twice the level of failure. The risk grows even more the longer the fusion is maintained, there for the PhR increases by 40 every turn the magnus is maintained (The difficulty of the PhR reduces at a rate of 5 per hour to a minimum of 40). The life point loss is treated as sacrifice for the purpose of recovery, on top of that said life point loss cannot be prevented or reduced in any way. If the character dies due to this life point loss they are completely assimilated into the void and are uncreated as if they where subjected to the spell Door to Nothing of the Void Sub-Path. However with such risk comes tremendous power. While active the character gains an all action bonus equal to his/her power modifier (this bonus also applies to initiative and damage), adds their power characteristic to the breakage of all of their attacks, adds one fourth their power characteristic (rounded down) to movement and regeneration, and reduces the base damage of all incoming attacks by an amount equal to their power bonus (As per armor of emptiness and noht, it also stacks with armor of emptiness and noht). In addition to those bonuses, the character automatically radiates an aura of nothingness, this activates all cancellations and aura of emptiness (as per the nemesis abilities) at their base level, using the users power and accumulations to determine the range and effects. If the user already has the cancellations then he increases the radius and the effect level that his power or accumulations would achieve by one degree. As a final effect the user also ignores most basic laws of movement and can "fly" through the air at their movement speed, However they cannot rise more than 80 feet from the ground (Note: This does not confer bonuses given by flight, but does confer bonuses for higher ground if such situations are present). While active the user can also preform Zen level actions.

Remember still under revisions. It would also be organized a bit better... but that is not important at the moment.

One of the original designs of this magnus had the effect of either replacing all physical characteristics with power (this is base, so bonuses from artifacts and such are ignored) or increasing all physicals by a quarter the users power rounded down. Is this truly overkill or is it within reason of the the cost and risk involved with this magnus?

Edit: Just so you guys know, this is stemming from a long time fascination with Existence Eaters, As they have no defined origin, it makes some viable sense that they are the product of the voids influence in the physical world. On top of that I am equally fascinated by the void and am making things that involve its control, mainly because i think there is not enough!

Edited by Latoshi

Nice work Latoshi!

Personally I'd remove the Presence Extrusion "option" as a requirement and leave the Emptiness Extrusion option. This because the whole Magnus is based on Nemesis, so using a Ki ability as pre-requisite is a bit non-sense.

Also, how about substituting the Power Bonus (and POW12 requirement) with an equivalent Constitution OR Willpower Bonus/Requirement. I say this because as it is now it's rather similar to the Awakening Transformation Magnus...and although it's sufficiently more powerful, it is much more dangerous and actually obliges a character to use it for a very few turns per day...or even less. I'd probably go for the Awakening Transformation Magnus!

On the other hand if you base your Magnus on Constitution/Willpower, it becomes an interesting alternative, if nothing else for the fact that fighter are always interested in increasing both such Stats. Constitution is good for HP and PhR/VR/DR, even more so if the Magnus requires a PhR check each turn, Willpower is always nice for the Composure/Withstand Pain abilities which are definitely among fighters' favourites. Also Willpower increases Intimidate, which is a very flavorful ability for a Nemesis user, on my opinion.

By the way, since you're interested in Existence Eater I wanted to point you out that in the first post of this thread I posted a Magnus for Existence Eaters, allowing them to regenerate faster (much like they convert absorbed ki into absorbed life energy).

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone

I agree very much but my decision to use power was based on the idea "How much power from the void could the character control?" and when I think about controlling powers I immediately jump to willpower and power. But the thing about willpower is you are trying to exert control over something that has a will of its own or that threatens your sense of self. The void really doesn't have either it just threatens your existence body and soul so to control it or more or less keep it in check you would use your power. And if you think about it Constitution already plays its part in the magnus itself. Also, yes it is very short lived, but you cannot expect to control something so potent as the void for very long, let alone fuse it to yourself without consequence. But the power is supposed to be immensely great. because in regards to awakening all you get is the all action bonus and the bonus to accumulations. Yes while it lasts longer, that is significantly less of a bonus than what this power gives you.

But as this post said it originally substituted all physical characteristics with the characters base power to which all modifiers based through characteristic augmentation or other things would be added. And in another model they were all increased by an amount equal to a quarter of the characters power characteristic rounded down. I still am unsure whether these bonuses are too much or fit within the reason of risk and time that the magnus is available.

EDIT: And I have seen Kiangshi, but in my opinion it allows you to obtain too high of a regeneration too easily and for too long at any given time? Because when you get high up the existence eater could be like... hmm yea I have 18 Regen, it only really requires me to absorb this much ki per day and I can keep it active for pretty much ever.

Edited by Latoshi

I understand your reasoning, but your Incarnation of The Void still seems too much similar to Awakening to me. Besides it tends to be either FAR WORSE or FAR BETTER simply based on your character's PhR. I explain myself better: if the character's PhR is below 200 or so, the short use (or danger) of Incarnation of The Void far outclasses its advantages compared to Awakening on my opinion. On the other hand, if a character has 200+ PhR this magnus becomes far too powerful compared to Awakening. I don't really like the balance, sorry.

On the other hand, I read again Kiangshi and agree that the Regeneration bonus might be too prolonged. I've reduced its duration to 1h +1h per +1Regeneration over the maximum. Having it last all day long isn't too easy any longer, especially since you have to drain ki from living things. Since the DP/MK cost is still quite high (and since I have too a liking to Existence Devourers) I'd like to add some other bonus (lasting the same reduced time) to balance the Magnus...Thanks a lot for the insight! Any suggestion?

Anyone replying to this please read the entire post before replying. I am sorry if this is a long post, but I feel it is necessary.

hmm, well yes if you have great PhR then it would become broken. But as far as I know getting that high is rather difficult. My level 12 character who uses nemesis still only has a +165 to PhR and this is while boosting her constitution. As far as I can tell getting to 200+ is rather difficult. But in regards to balance, doesn't anima seem to scale up in a... whats the word.... parabolic fashion? i mean if you look at tables for strength and movement. Those increase in larger and larger intervals. Yes I see while it has its power it is very short lived, and that is accounting for the possibility (although small possibility) of rolling a 1 on that PhR can be devastating. I used nemesis and awakening both to make the magnus. Nemesis never uses Willpower or Constitution to determine anything directly. They only influence it indirectly through accumulations. The only thing that holds any direct influence on powers in nemesis seems to be the users power. And yes it does seem very similar to awakening because I used that as a base. There is no defined rules for making magnus therefore the balancing game is much harder to play unless you are working from a already concrete base. Originally I was going to have willpower work as a duration for the magnus, basing it off some of the spells in the void sub path, more notably void blade. But then the power of the magnus (the benefit) would have to be lowered as you now have a concrete amount of time to use it with no risk. Then of course after the time limit the PhR checks would start. Also as a note, this magnus was not by any means made for use in regular combat. This magnus was made with the intention of being used as a last resort "Oh god if I don't use this I'm dead" kinda technique. You know the last bullet in the clip, that you hope, saves your life.

Another added thing, In my opinion it is not what seems "Flavorful" that I use, It is what makes sense. You are not going to be able to call the void and control it by willpower alone, no you need the power to pull it into existence and control it. In a similar fashion constitution is not going to do you any good in controlling the void, all it can do is help stave off the negative effects. All in all it seems like power plays the major role while the other two play minor roles. If what makes sense seems rather harsh to players, then they need to be willing to invest, whether it is inconvenient or not. That is part of balancing things, the inconvenience helps keep the power level of games balanced, because if everything was so convenient for the players and requirements just changed to suit their builds then things could get really out of hand. With Kiangshi I do not agree with willpower being a requirement because I do not see how the application of your will allows you to do this. Please do not take this the wrong way, as I mean no offense. But this is something I truly believe. Even if this is a fantasy game where magic exists that can just screw logic up, but this is not magic we are talking about. Ki as well as all of the Ars Magnus that are listed in the dominus exxet have incredibly compelling reasons why they have the requirements that they do. For example, Hama: Shadow of Blood. This magnus requires 10+ willpower because it in essence is requiring you to willingly sacrifice your own life points to use it. Most other things have sacrifices LP as a downside. But this emphasizes the need of willpower strong enough to willingly do harm to yourself. Another good example of this, while it is similar to the act of sacrificing life points, Is the damage augmentation Ki technique power. It has the "Option to take vital sacrifice" Now this is a willing sacrifice of life points, and it makes willpower a relevant characteristic for the Ki payments as it is only a +1.My whole theory on why willpower is not often used in the dominion is because it is more intrinsically linked with the mind (which is why it is the relevant characteristic for Psychics.), rather than the body or soul. While it is still part of the body which gives it meaning in the dominion, it has much less of a role in it. Which makes sense, Power is the characteristic that represents ones soul (This is supported by summoners having to spend a point of power to create a sheele as stated in the arcana exxet. As they are making the sheele using a fragment of their own soul). And agility, constitution, strength, and dexterity represent the body. Willpower is because it has only little influence with both the body and soul. But I suppose that is just my theory.

As for suggestions about Kiangshi, you could really go a lot of places with it. Existence eaters have no concrete lore, and as I have said I link their existence with the voids influence in the physical world. I do like the concept of existence eaters but I do not think that regen is the way to go personally. Because you pretty much make Ki healing way to powerful, there is a reason why Ki healing can only ever heal half of the damage dealt, because for all purposes it is almost like an instant patch up. Giving the character regen by in essence using Ki kinda breaks that and unbalances it, but that is just the way I see it. What I would like to see is a magnus that makes the existence eaters drain (The PhR they impose upon creatures they touch) much more effective. Because that drain seems to be rather weak by itself.

Edited by Latoshi

If you feel confortable about how you're managing The Incarnation of Void, just manage it like this.

About Kiangshi...why is Willpower10+ a Requirement? A very good question...I have no answer, it's one of my earliest creations and definitely one of those that seriously needs patching (and I thank you for posting your magnus, because it allowed me to study mine again!). I'll let Existence Eaters increase their regeneration because if ki can be converted to life and vice-versa, there's no reason why someone draining ki cannot convert it into life force. As for ki becoming capable of doing something "it doesn't usually do", the Blood Legacy Limit is a restriction strong enough not to break the rule. Besides this thing only heals the user himself and grants no extra bonus to ki-healing on others. Once again, for 50DP and 50MK a temporary +XRegeneration based on a Ki-Draining Ability that does not always work seems a bit too low of a bonus. I'll definitely let Kiangshi users to convert drained ki into more stuff or to drain more than just ki...like zeon and psychic points. You know...if you devour "existence", you should be able to devour all aspects of it, not just ki...at least with some degree of training! As soon as I find inspiration, I'm going to re-write it.

That sounds rather good. Something the looked interesting is the vacuum elemental in the TWWAU book. fascinating and equally terrifying creature.

Thanks to Latoshi's insight I've completely re-written the Existence Eater Kiangshi Mangus. Here it is:

KIANGSHI: EXISTENCE DRAINER

Requirements: Attack250+, Con10+, Superior Ki Healing, Life Sacrifice, Restore Others.

Blood Bond: Existence Eater.

Cost: 50 MK: 50

Using this complex Magnus, the Existence Eaters become real masters at devouring the essence of things, extending their draining ability to any aspect of existence, not just spiritual energy. This ability requires full control of the Existence Eater’s own ki and life flow as well as an extremely healthy body. Thus using Kiangshi the Essence Eater can greatly increase his ability to regain lost resources by consuming the essence of other living beings. The Damage inflicted to living beings by an Existence Eater who mastered Kiangshi while employing his/her Blood Legacy ability is equal to the target’s Failure Level at the PhR check. Also, the maximum amount of ki an Existence Eater is capable of consuming is doubled. Finally the Existence Eater gains the following abilities.

Natural Conversion: Whenever draining ki points thanks to the Blood Legacy power from a Living Being, the character can now convert the drained ki into either life points (with a 1 to 1 ratio), Zeon points (with a 1 to 5 ratio), Free Psychic Points (with a 10 to 1 ratio), or Fatigue Points (with a 5 to 1 ratio) . The character has to decide which resource to regain before the target rolls for the PhR check and all drained ki must either be consumed as it is or converted into the same resource. Ki points converted into other resources count for the limit of Ki points an Existence Eater can consume per day.

Dominion Conversion: Whenever draining ki or life points thanks to a Dominion Technique, the character can now convert any amount of drained ki or life into each other (with a 1 to 1 ratio), or into Zeon points (with a 1 to 5 ratio), Free Psychic Points (with a 10 to 1 ratio), or Fatigue Points (with a 5 to 1 ratio). The character can freely decide on how to convert the drained resource after the target has rolled for the PhR check and can split the result amongst multiple resources.

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone

Just because today I'm in update mode, here is the last version of my Ars Magna.

LESSER MAGNUS

TANKER

Requirements: 50+ Withstand Pain.

Blood Bond: None.

Cost: 40 MK: 10

This Magnus consists in an extended training in withstanding blows without surrendering and maintaining a good level of concentration on the fight.

A character using the Tanker Magnus halves Defense penalties when using a Taking Hits Maneuver (but not a Total Attack Maneuver).

CUIRASSIER

Requirements: 100+ Wear Armor.

Cost: 30 MK: 10

This Magnus optimizes the use of heavy armors for intercepting and deviating incoming attacks.

A character using this Magnus gains a +5Block Bonus if wearing a Soft Armor and +10Block Bonus if wearing a Hard Armor. The character only applies the bonus from a single armor he’s wearing, regardless of worn armors. The Block Bonus is increased by a further +5 for each quality bonus the armor has beyond +10.

GREATER MAGNUS

MATRIX MAGISTER

Requirements: Matrix, Power11+, Attack200+, Defense200+, Arcane Body Multiplication, Arcane Magnitude.

Eternal Division: Maintaining the essence split in several bodies no longer has a maintenance cost.

Extended Bond: The distance limit for bodies generated by Matrix is extended to 1km.

Further Division: The user can split his essence into a number of bodies equal to his Power characteristic.

Improved Life Bond: Damage suffered by dead bodies is no longer considered as Life Points Sacrifice and only criticals suffered by the last body standing actually affect it, although life points loss by other bodies is transferred to it as normal.

Innate Division: The cost of Matrix is reduced to 2Ki points for each division at the time of activation.

Superior Bond: The All Action Penalty of Matrix is reduced to -10 for each 4 bodies (rounding up) the user is divided in.

MUNDUS MAGISTER

Requirements: Mundus, Power11+, Attack250+, Defense250+, Zen.

In The Middle of The World: The user can make Mundus Attacks (including a Specialized Use Attacks), and act independently performing Active Actions, using the lowest Initiative value. Mundus Attacks don’t count as Additional Attacks toward penalties to other character’s Attacks or Active Actions and vice-versa.

Master of The Winds: When using the Air Attack Specialized Use, the user increases the Base Damage of the attack to 30 and applies a penalty of -3 to target’s AT. Also, the difficulty of the Notice Check the target must take is increased by one Level for each 100 points of his Final Attack Roll.

Multi Task: The user can now use two different Specialized Uses per turn, although the rules for making more than one Attack per turn still apply.

Offensive Mastery: When using the Concentrated Attack Specialized Use, add an additional +20 to the Base Damage. When using the Shards Rain Specialized Use, attack with full Attack Ability without applying any penalty.

Superior Barriers: Defensive Barriers generated through Mundus triple their Resistance Points.

Trick Master: When using Mundus to Trap opponents, the user can apply to the Strength check for the Trap Maneuver a bonus equal to half his/her Power value (rounded down). When using Mundus for an Unexpected Use, the user increases the difficulty of the Notice Check the target must take by one Level for each 100 points of his Final Attack Roll.

SCHICKSAL: PREDETERMINED MASTERY

Requirements: 240+ Ki Points AND/OR 2400+ Zeon AND/OR 24+ Free Psychic Points, 15+ Fatigue, Zen, 1+ Techniques with Predetermined Attack/Defense AND/OR 1+ Determined Magic Projection Sphere from Archana Sephira and/or Alchemy Tree AND/OR 1+ Determined Psychic Projection Block from the Psywired.

Cost: 40 MK: 30

This Magnus is mastered by few masters that specialize in the use of combat supernatural powers relying only on the user’s mystical energy, designed to prolong the effects of both, so they don’t run out of mystical resources and to little by little further push their ability when using such techniques. Schicksal relies on huge amounts of physical energy to do so, hence can only be used by combatants in very good shape. Schicksal cannot be used in combination with any other Magnus affecting Predetermined Techniques and/or Spells.

Limited Permanency: When using a maintained or sustained Technique or Spell with a Predetermined Attack, Defense or Projection roll, the character may spend 1 Fatigue Point per Technique Level or per 30 points of Spell Level to prolong its effects (this effect cannot be used on Divine Magic Spells). Maintained Techniques and Spells with turn maintenance have to pay the Maintenance Cost once every 5 turns, and Techniques with Lesser Sustainment gain Major Sustainment.

Pushing Through: When using a Technique, Spell or Psychic Power with Predetermined Attack, Defense or Projection, the character can spend Fatigue Points to boost the final Attack, Defense or Projection Value as if adding to the Attack, Defense, or Projection roll. When using Pushing Through on a Maintained or Sustained Technique, Spell, or Psychic Power, its effects are lowered by 1 Fatigue Point each turn following the first.

MAHOU: SUPERNATURAL IMPROVEMENT

Requirements: 200+Attack, Force Techniques, 1+ Techniques a Resistance Check effect AND/OR Base Mushin.

Cost: 30 MK: 40

This Magnus is said to have originally developed in Varja by monks employing Mushin, as well as techniques based on employing ki to alter the condition of their opponents, such as Sirius. By optimizing the release of ki while hitting their targets, this Magnus allows its master to obtain a stronger control over the reaction of their targets’ minds and bodies.

Supernatural Enhancement: While employing Mushin or a technique with an effect that causes targets to take a PhR or PsR check increase the Resistance Check Difficulty by a fixed value of +20 if the Resistance Check is caused by an effect that does not require an Attack roll or by +10 per 50% scored Damage, if the effect is caused by a Mushin Attack or an Attack Technique.

BLOOD BONDS RELATED MAGNUS

ENHANCING PROTOCOL PT-01: POWER-UP

Requirements: 180+ Ki Points on Dex/Agi/Pow, Zen, 250+ Life Points, 1+ Techniques with Ancient Blood Prerequisite.

Blood Bond: Ancient Blood.

Cost: 60 MK: 50

This Magnus greatly improves the use of Nanomachines in combat. Those using the Power-Up burn up some of their own life energy to have their powers work better and with greater permanency.

Empower: When using a Technique requiring Ancient Blood, the character may sacrifice 10 Life Points per Technique Level in order to have its effects (except for effects granting Additional Attacks) go up by one Level or sacrifice 20 Life Points per Technique Level in order to have its effects go up by two Levels. For example, if using the Offensive Protocol AT-01: Thread of Solomon, a character using this Magnus might spend 10 Life Points to reach an Impossible Attack Level (280) and 10m range, or 20 Life Points to reach an Inhuman Attack Level (320) and 20m range. If the level of a Technique effect is already at the maximum Level, each 10 Life Points sacrificed per technique level raise the value by 50 for effects that affect ability rolls, range or life/resistance points, 20 for Resistance based effects, and +1/-1 for other effects. Effects not represented by a numeral are not affected.

Permanency: When using a Technique requiring Ancient Blood, the character may spend 1 Fatigue Point per Technique Level to prolong its effects. Techniques that aren’t sustained or maintained gain Lesser Sustainment, Maintained Techniques have to pay the Maintenance Cost once every 5 turns, and Techniques with Lesser Sustainment gain Major Sustainment.

TRANSFORMATION: PHOENIX

Requirements: 300+Attack, 200+Acrobacies, Zen, Dex11+.

Blood Bond: Kagutsuchi’s Blood.

With this Transformation Magnus, those with Kagutsuchi’s blood turn their shape into that of a mighty Phoenix, whose flames completely surround their body. With a newly acquired greater control over fire, they become a destructive force, bound to consume whatever comes into contact with them.

While using this Transformation, a character gains the Mystical Flight ability with the same speed as their Movement on earth. They gain a bonus to their Initiative, Attack (or Offensive Projection), Base Damage, MA for accumulating Spells from the Fire Path, and Psychic Potential for using Pyrokinesis Psychic Powers equal to the sum of their Strength, and Willpower bonuses. The attacks gain Fire as their primary Attack Type or if they are already based on fire, they get an extra +10 Base Damage. The character is immune to the effects of Fire based attacks while keeping this Transformation active and gains +1 to all of his Accumulations while accumulating for techniques that have at least one effect bound to the Fire Element.

Activating this Magnus must be declared before rolling Initiative and has a cost of either 5Ki or 50 Zeon per turn. Abilities from this Magnus can be combined with any other Technique or Ars Magnus, except for those that require a physical transformation.

TRANSFORMATION: QUETZALCOATL

Requirements: 300+Dodge, 200+Jump, Zen, Agi11+.

Blood Bond: Boreas’ Blood.

With this Transformation Magnus, those with Boreas’ blood see their body surrounded by coloured feathers and become surrounded by strong winds. Their elemental bound with air makes them completely unaffected by gravity and allows them to turn the air itself into a lethal weapon.

While using this Transformation, a character gains the Mystical Flight ability with the a speed of 16, unless his/her Movement is higher, in which case he uses that value. The character gains a bonus of +50 to Initiative, Dodge, MA for accumulating Spells from the Air Path and Psychic Potential for using Teleport Psychic Powers and gains a bonus of +1 to all Accumulations while using techniques that have at least one effect bound to the Air Element. The character eliminates the ki cost for Weight Elimination and Levitation Ki Abilities and multiplies by 10 the weight that can be moved through Object Motion and Mass Movement. All attacks from this character are considered distance attacks with a maximum range equal to double their Power characteristic in meters. Such attacks are invisible to all but those capable of seeing Magic and can use either Cut, Impact or Pierce primary Attack Type as chosen by the attacking character.

Activating this Magnus must be declared before rolling Initiative and has a cost of either 5Ki or 50 Zeon per turn. Abilities from this Magnus can be combined with any other Technique or Ars Magnus, except for those that require a physical transformation.

TRANSFORMATION: PHURISAZ

Requirements: 300+Block, 200+Composure, Zen, Str11+.

Blood Bond: Niflheim’s Blood.

The strongest power those with Niflheim’s blood can access to is turning into an Ice Giant. This transformation confers incredible control over cold and incredible resistance to the individual’s body. Also, the crystal structure of a Phurysaz alters reality, reflecting all offensive actions directed against this form.

While using this Transformation, a character gains +3 to all of his Accumulations and +50 to his MA while accumulating Ki and/or Zeon for Ice related Techniques or Spells, and benefits from a bonus of +30 to Psychic Potential while using Cryokinesis Psychic Powers. Also, all Cold based Phisical Resistance checks caused by a character using this transformation increase their difficulty by +50. The character gains +30 to his Block (or Defensive Projection), and whenever he manages to block an attack, it’s reflected against the offender with a final attack value equal to the one achieved by the attacker.

TRANSFORMATION: ARCHON

Requirements: 300+Attack, 200+Athletics, Zen, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Rudraksha’s Blood.

Terrifying to behold, the Archon transformation is the utmost manifestation of Rudraksha’s power in a mortal body. The entire figure of the user becomes immediately surrounded by an immense field of Electric energy, while his own body becomes a conduit of pure electric energy. While in this state, the destructive power of those with Rudraksha’s blood borders the divine, allowing them to waste the same devastation of a wandering storm.

While using this Transformation, a character can only be damaged by attacks that can affect energy. Also their attacks become completely Energy and Electricity based, being unstoppable for all but those able to touch Energy. Spells related to Electricity are automatically cast at one Level higher than they would normally be and the character benefits from a bonus of +30 to Psychic Potential while using Electromagnetism Psychic Powers. All melee attacks from a character in Archaon form affect all targets (friendly or foe) within 2m of the character and inflict +50Damage. When defending, the character is considered as using a Supernatural Shield with 1000 Resistance Points that automatically regenerates completely each turn. Anyone coming into contact with the Archon must pass a PhR check against twice the character’s Presence or suffer equivalent Electric Damage.

TRANSFORMATION: LEVIATHAN

Requirements: 300+Dodge, 200+Swim, Zen, Per11+.

Blood Bond: Ran’s Blood.

Assuming the shape of the great Sea Serpent, those with Ran’s Blood becomes as flexible as the sea waves themselves. Those imbued with the power of the Sea Serpent have a complete perception of what’s around them and literally “swim” across the battlefield with absolute ease.

While using this Transformation, a character gains +30VR, +30 to MA while accumulating Water Path Spells, and +30 Psychic Potential while using Chances Psychic Powers. While using this Magnus, the character gains the ability to make an unlimited number of penalty-free Defenses ignoring all kind of penalties and reduces by -30 the Base Damage suffered from any source. The character may also breathe freely underwater and while fighting in such environment, he gains an extra +30 Turn and All Action Bonus.

TRANSFORMATION: EARTH DRAGON

Requirements: 300+ Block, 200+ Withstand Pain, Zen, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Toa’s Blood.

With this Transformation Magnus, those with Toa’s blood synchronize with the Dragon of the Earth and turn into a huge draconic shape made of stone. Not only the character becomes extremely resilient to all forms of damage, but his control over solid matter and surrounding earth raises to exceptional degree making him an unbreakable defensive bastion both for himself and for those standing around him.

While using this Transformation, a character gains +30 to his Physical Resistance, +30 to his MA while accumulating Zeon for casting Spells from the Earth Path, and +30 Psychic Potential while using Physical Increase Psychic Powers. The character immediately receives a number of additional Life Points equal to his current Level multiplied by 100, and defends as if he were a creature with Damage Accumulation using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to his current Presence multiplied by 50. This shield won’t be effective against Energy Based attacks until the character has either the Presence Extrusion Ki Ability, the Nemesis Extrusion Nemesis Ability, the Energy Control Arcana Sephira Ability, or the Complete Shields Psywired ability, but the character won’t lose the opportunity to make Active Actions unless he suffers a Critical. The additional Life Points are the first removed from the character, whenever he suffers damage and both this bonus Life Points and the shield’s Resistance Points are regenerated at a rate of 5 times his/her Presence per turn. Whatever class of AT the character already has becomes Unmodified. If the character has a Stone Barrier and/or a Magnetic Shield, he can gain their additional bonuses (Damage Barrier and/or -50 Attack ability to attacks made with metal weapons), and uses the highest Resistance Points value among those of his Shields, regenerating them as for this Magnus. Finally the character gains the ability to cover others as a passive action, instead of an Active Action, hence without need for Initiative and without renouncing to his Attack Action. As a drawback, using this Magnus reduces the Movement value of its user by 2 points and his Initiative by -30.

TRANSFORMATION: KARAS

Requirements: 250+Attack, 250+Defense, 200+Hide, Zen, Wil11+, Umbra: Shadow’s Attack Magnus.

Blood Bond: Pandemonium’s Blood.

Karas, the Great Raven, Lord of Darkness. Summoning this shape enables absolute control over shadows and darkness for those who own Pandemonium’s blood. But the power of this transformation does not only extend the control over shadows of its master. It also grants him quasi-divine powers in the realms of the Wake, making him a real lord of nightmares.

While using this Transformation, a character gains +20 All Action Bonus, Mystical Flight with a Movement of 12, +30MA for casting Spells from Darkness Path, and +30 Psychic Potential while using Telepathy Psychic Powers. The character becomes completely unaffected from all kind of Darkness based blindness. Also, his Umbra Magnus is greatly enhanced, as described below. Base Damage is increased to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, and it can choose Energy as attack type. The shadow of the character becomes completely independent, thus allowing the character to attack using Umbra once and perform any other action (even an attack action) without suffering any penalty. If he wants to use Umbra more than once in a turn, he has to return his concentration to it, getting all normal penalties. In order to avoid a Surprise Attack against Umbra attacks from a Karas a Notice check of Impossible (280) is required. While attacking with Umbra the character no longer suffers penalties for Area and Trap Attacks or for any class of Paralysis. Use of Umbra from this character is no longer affected from environment and while not fighting the character gains an additional bonus of +50 to his Hide and Stealth checks. Finally, the character is considered a being with Gnosis 35 while in the Wake and using this Transformation. If his Gnosis is already 35 or higher, it is increased by 5 points, up to a maximum of 45.

TRANSFORMATION: NOVA

Requirements: 250+Attack, 250+Defense, 200+Notice, Zen, Int11+, Magnum: Power Liberation Magnus.

Blood Bond: Shephirah’s Blood.

Nova is a transformation possible only to those whose blood is filled with the power of Light. Their body becomes surrounded by a pure light that allows them to see the course of all energy forms with absolute lucidity. While in this state, they can concentrate enormous quantities of power and gain quasi-divine powers while in the wake.

While using this Transformation, a character gains +20 All Action Bonus, Mystical Flight with a Movement of 12, +30MA for casting Spells from Light Path, and +30 Psychic Potential while using powers from Light Psychic Powers. The character becomes completely unaffected from Surprise Attacks, regardless of the source. Also, his Magnum Magnus is greatly enhanced, as described below. The character using Magnum while keeping this Transformation, suffers no Defense penalty while accumulating power, and he gains a cumulative bonus of +1 to all his Ki Accumulations for each turn spent accumulating power as far as he’s accumulating Ki for techniques that have at least one Light based effect. In the turn he releases the accumulated energy, he gains a bonus of +30 to either his Attack or Defense ability for each turn of accumulation to up to three Attacks/Defenses. Such attacks can all use Energy as primary Attack Type. Finally, the character is considered a being with Gnosis 35 while in the Wake and using this Transformation. If his Gnosis is already 35 or higher, it is increased by 5 points, up to a maximum of 45.

RAGNAROK: TWILIGHT OF THE GODS

Requirements: 300+Attack, Zen, Str11+, Dex11+, Con11+, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Eyes of Death.

Cost: 100 MK: 100

Only people with Eyes of Death can use this Magnus which is their ultimate fighting technique. Temporarily concentrating all their enemy’s in a single point, they are able to strike at it and severe it as if death incarnate. There’s no escape from such attack, not even for the gods, which can be utterly destroyed by it. On the other hand, using Ragnarok is very dangerous because the essence of the user is also concentrated in a single point for a very short time, making it extremely hard to defend for him for a short time. Moreover, using Ragnarok momentarily disables the Eyes of Death, since their power is drained by the Ars Magnus.

Twilight of the Gods: Before rolling for Initiative, the character must declare that he’s using the Twilight of The Gods. During that turn he can only declare a single attack which will benefit from +200 Attack Ability and have its Base Damage multiplied by 4. This attack ignores all Armors and Damage Reduction abilities and can affect any kind of being regardless of Immunities or Gnosis. It cannot be combined with any Ki Techniques, Magnus except for those that require a Transformation, or a Godhand Attack, but automatically benefits from a bonus of +100 to Inflicted Critical (including the Eyes of Death bonus without suffering the -10Attack Penalty). The Attack is automatically considered as directed to a Vulnerable Point and automatically inflicts a Critical as normal for Eyes of Death. Beings killed from this attack are utterly cancelled from the existence, vanishing into nothingness. During the same turn the character suffers from a penalty of -50 to all Defense Rolls. After using Ragnarok, the Eyes of Death momentarily abandon the character, which will recover them within a variable time of 20-30 hours.

KANJI: THE ABSOLUTE SEAL

Requirements: Attack180+, Aura Extension, Ki Detection200+.

Blood Bond: Eyes of Soul.

Cost: 30 MK: 80

Mastering this Magnus, those that perceive the world as Ki and Supernatural Energy become able to severe all kind of mystical threads, sealing out access to mystical abilities with the same ease with which they can cut through physical bodies and objects.

To use this Magnus the character must declare it before he rolls the dice for an attack. If the attack manages to inflict damage, reduce all inflicted Damage to 0 and have the target sustain a PhR check against double the Damage that would have been inflicted. Choose a specific Supernatural Ability Field: Ki Abilities and Techniques, Nemesis Abilities, Magic, Psychic Powers, Summoning Abilities. If the target fails the check by less than 40 points, he won’t be able to use the chosen Supernatural Ability Field for a number of minutes equal to the failure level. If the target fails the check by 40-100 points, he won’t be able to use the chosen Supernatural Ability Field for a number of hours equal to the failure level. If the target fails the check by more than 100 points, he won’t be able to use the chosen Supernatural Ability Field for a number of days equal to the failure level. This Magnus may be used more than once on a single target to seal-off his access to different Supernatural Ability Fields.

ECLYPSIS: SONG OF THE DARK MOON

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, Presence Extrusion, Inhumanity, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Tsukiyomi’s Blood.

Cost: 40 MK: 40

Mastering this Magnus, heirs Tsukiyomi’s blood learn to bathe in the dark moon’s power to a much higher degree than untrained siblings. Still, this Magnus allows them to do much more, going as far as defying the rules of the skies themselves and causing an artificial eclipse. Although the event will last for a very short time-span and requires a significant tribute in life energies, it grants them full powers from their blood pact.

Bathe In Thy Power: Characters mastering this Magnus gain an Initiative, MA and Psychic Potential bonus equal to the All Action Bonus they gain from Moon Phases as described in the Tsukiyomi’s Blood Advantage. They also gain +1 to all of their Accumulations for each +10 All Action Bonus they get from it. Finally the character gains Complete Night Vision.

Dark Moon Rising: To summon the false eclipse the character must accumulate 30 Ki points distributed as he wishes, as if using a Technique, after which the Game Master secretly rolls either a d5 or a d10 (at user’s choice) to determine the number of turns that will pass before the eclipse will actually occur (including the turn in which the Accumulation is completed) and another d5 or d10 (must be the same die rolled for the first roll) to determine the number of turns the eclipse will last. During the eclipse, the character will gain all bonuses of an Eclipse as described for Tsukiyomi’s Blood Advantage and considering the Bathe In Thy Power rule above. The area covered by the eclipse has a radius equal to the character’s Power Bonus in km and is centered on his position at the time the Ki Accumulation ends.

PHASIS: TIME SKIP

Requirements: Attack160+, Defense160+, Inhumanity.

Blood Bond: Uroboros’ Blood.

Mastering this Magnus, Uroboros’ heirs can gain maximum advantage from their ability to time skip. Activating a time skip is a very self-consuming activity, but still allows to gain an edge over the opponent’s movements.

Each turn a character may declare activation of Phasis before rolling for Initiative, by spending 1 Fatigue point and gaining a +30 bonus to Initiative. After Initiative is rolled, the user of Phasis gains a bonus of +30 to all of his Opposed Actions against all characters that he scored a Surprise on for the rest of the turn. A character may use Phasis for two or more consecutive turns, but he has to spend 1 additional point of Fatigue each turn to activate it.

COGNITUM: COMBAT COMPREHENSION

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, Rem: The Eyes of Doom Magnus, Int10+.

Blood Bond: Eyes of Doom.

Absolute comprehension of combat is the ultimate ability of those with the Eyes of Doom. Mastering this fighting technique they become completely capable of understanding and counteracting each and every move of their opponents practically in no time.

A character using this Magnus divides by 5 the number of turns required for unlocking the Attack and Defense bonuses from the Eyes of Doom advantage. Also, MK cost of Techniques Imitated with the Technique Imitation Ki Ability is reduced by 20, 30, and 50MK respectively for First, Second and Third Level Techniques. Finally, when using Rem, the character gains a +25 Bonus against a Technique, by obtaining with a Notice check a value over the MK cost of the technique he’s trying to counteract, and gains a +50 Bonus against it by obtaining a value over double its MK cost.

HAIMA MAGISTER

Requirements: Defense250+, Con11+, Wil11+, Haima: Blood Shadow.

Blood Bond: Eternal Blood.

Bloody Fast: When employing Haima, the user gains a bonus to his/her Defense roll equal to one quarter (round down at multiples of 5) the sacrificed Life Points, with a minimum bonus of 5.

Efficiency: Blood Shadows projected by this character have a number of Life Points equal to three times those sacrificed by the user.

Nothing But A Scratch: When using Haima, the character can spend 10 Ki Points. If the character does so, the Life Points spent to make use of Haima are no longer considered as a Life Points Sacrifice.

Persistent Shadow: Blood Shadows produced through Haima remain active on the character until they suffer enough damage to be destroyed. The character cannot have more than a single Blood Shadow active at a time.

Solid Blood: When using the Haima Magnus, the character can spend between 1 and 5 Ki Points, obtaining +1 point of AT against the suffered Attack for each Ki Point spent.

Surrounding Shadows: Whenever using Haima, the character is considered as defending employing a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to the Life Points of the Blood Shadow, employing the character’s Defense value. Note that if this advantage is taken along with Persistent Shadow, the Resistance Points of the Supernatural Shield and the Life Points of the Blood Shadow are considered a single pool.

TRANSFORMATION: THE DEVOURING WURM

Requirements: Attack250+, Inhumanity, Berserk Magnus.

Blood Bond: Orochi’s Blood.

Upon unleashing this Magnus the whole body of the user is surrounded by the spectral shape of the Devouring Wurm itself and his extremities become appendages of destruction. In this form the user has complete control over the unleashed destruction, becoming capable of unleashing the havoc on selected targets and limit damage to himself and his comrades. In this state the character’s abilities increase with each new death he causes or by the sacrifice of his own life energy.

Upon unleashing the Devouring Wurm Transformation the user automatically gains the combined bonuses of Unleashed Fury and Berserk Magnus (+30Initiative, +40Attack, +10Defense, +30MA, +2 to all Ki accumulations, Immunity to Pain and Fatigue Penalties, enters a Frenzy state), but is fully capable of distinguishing friends from enemies and sacrifices only 3Life Points per turn. Also the character becomes able to perform Zen Actions while in this state. The character cannot stop the Transformation until all enemies are killed (making them unconscious won’t be enough) or Life Points reach a number equal to ten times the character’s Constitution under 0. In this case the character becomes unconscious and must immediately pass a check Between Life and Death or die outright. Bonus from this Magnus cannot be combined with Berserk Magnus or with any Magnus requiring a physical Transformation. Also the character gains the two following abilities while transformed.

Chain of Destruction: While using this ability, a character gains a +5 Initiative, Base Damage, All Action Bonus and MA for each opponent he personally kills until the end of combat up to a maximum bonus of +50.

Consume Existence: Before making an attack or using an Offensive spell, the character may sacrifice 5-100 Life Points. The resulting attack gains a Base Damage bonus equal to the number of sacrificed Life Points. Also the attack ignores all class of Immunities (including those due to high Gnosis) and souls of beings with equal or lower Gnosis than the user killed by such attack are utterly destroyed. Damage inflicted by such attack is recovered as if lost Life Points had been sacrificed.

KIANGSHI: EXISTENCE DRAINER

Requirements: Attack250+, Con10+, Superior Ki Healing, Life Sacrifice, Restore Others.

Blood Bond: Existence Eater.

Using this complex Magnus, the Existence Eaters become real masters at devouring the essence of things, extending their draining ability to any aspect of existence, not just spiritual energy. This ability requires full control of the Existence Eater’s own ki and life flow as well as an extremely healthy body. Thus using Kiangshi the Essence Eater can greatly increase his ability to regain lost resources by consuming the essence of other living beings. The Damage inflicted to living beings by an Existence Eater who mastered Kiangshi while employing his/her Blood Legacy ability is equal to the target’s Failure Level at the PhR check. Also, the maximum amount of ki an Existence Eater is capable of consuming is doubled. Finally the Existence Eater gains the following abilities.

Natural Conversion: Whenever draining ki points thanks to the Blood Legacy power from a Living Being, the character can now convert the drained ki into either life points (with a 1 to 1 ratio), Zeon points (with a 1 to 5 ratio), Free Psychic Points (with a 10 to 1 ratio), or Fatigue Points (with a 5 to 1 ratio). The character has to decide which resource to regain before the target rolls for the PhR check and all drained ki must either be consumed as it is or converted into the same resource. Ki points converted into other resources count for the limit of Ki points an Existence Eater can consume per day.

Dominion Conversion: Whenever draining ki or life points thanks to a Dominion Technique, the character can now convert any amount of drained ki or life into each other (with a 1 to 1 ratio), or into Zeon points (with a 1 to 5 ratio), Free Psychic Points (with a 10 to 1 ratio), or Fatigue Points (with a 5 to 1 ratio). The character can freely decide on how to convert the drained resource after the target has rolled for the PhR check and can split the result amongst multiple resources.

PANACEA: THE ALL-VENOM

Requirements: 150+Attack, 150+Defense, 150+Poisons.

Blood Bond: Poisonous Blood.

A great wealth of knowledge about venoms is required to acquire this special combat ability, even if it’s usable only for those whose very own blood is poison. When using this Magnus, the Basilisk’s heir modulates the power of his own blood, giving it special and unique properties, depending on his actual needs. When forcing a target to take a VR check due to his Poisonous Blood advantage, the character may choose to spend any amount of Ki to add one or more of the following effects to the venom, before any die is rolled.

Retarded Effect: For each Ki point spent, multiply by 10 times the time required for the poison to take effect. Hence using 1 Ki point means the poison will not take effect before 10 turns are elapsed, spending 2 Ki points allows to retard the effect by 5 minutes and so on. The VR check is taken in the same turn the poison is administered anyway.

Non Lethality: By spending 1 Ki point, the character using this Magnus may choose his poison not to kill on a difference higher than 40 on the VR check. Instead, it will simply cause the other effects for a prolonged time.

Altered Effect: Instead of causing Extreme Pain, the Poison may cause any other Effect. Changing Effects has a cost of 2 Ki points, except for Total Paralysis, Blindness, Allucinations and Unconsciousness, in which case the cost raises to 5 Ki points.

Defense Destroyer: Instead of causing Extreme Pain, the Poison will cause a penalty to a single selected Resistance equal to the Failure Level. Using this ability costs 2 Ki points.

Remediation: By spending 1 Ki point, the user of Panacea can heal another character or himself from the effects of a Poison. When using this ability, the target character is entitled to immediately make again the VR check for the poison affecting him, applying a bonus equal to the VR modifier normally caused by the Poisonous Blood, which depends from the level of contact between the user of Panacea and his target (the character himself is always considered as benefitting from a +80 bonus).

TRANSFORMATION: FINAL WEAPON

Requirements: 180+Attack, 180+Defense, Inhumanity.

Blood Bond: Natural Weapons (Blood Bond).

All those born with Natural Weapons have the potential to use this Magnus that turns them into something completely different and much more powerful. In truth the Final Weapon Transformation does nothing more than enabling a character to use the full capacities that are present in his own heritage, granting him truly inhuman power.

The use of this Magnus cannot be combined with that of other Magnus that require a Physical Transformation.

Additional Powers: The use of this ability can be declared at the start of any turn the Natural Weapons are summoned, before rolling Initiative and can be maintained in the following turns. Each turn the power is active, the character may choose one of the advantages from the Natural Weapons list he doesn’t already have, adding it to the ones he owns at the moment for as long as the power is maintained. The cost for this ability is equal each turn to 1Ki point for each advantage chosen from the list in addition to those the Natural Weapons of this character naturally own.

Final Form: When summoning his Natural Weapons, the character may choose to spend 10Ki points instead of 5 to double the advantages he has on his Natural Weapons (but not those added through the use of this Magnus). Following are a few exceptions. The Precise advantage in Final Form reduces the penalty for aimed attacks to a quarter. Improved Trap in Final Form gives +4 to the opposed check for the Trap Maneuver and halves the penalty for such maneuver. Shield Against Projectile in Final Form grants a +20Block/+10Dodge Bonus as if using a Shield. Dual in Final Form gives another additional attack as if made with a secondary weapon.

ADES: CONTROL OF THE DEAD

Requirements: Attack150+, Defense150+, Zen, Constitution11+, Power11+, Necromancy Path Level 80.

Blood Bond: Blood of The Dead.

Cost: 80 MK: 60

This Magnus greatly improves the ability to control Blood Puppets created through Blood of The Dead. Blood Puppets don’t lose anymore Life Points unless damaged. Also Blood Puppets gain the two following abilities.

Blood Tribute: At its creator’s will, a Blood Puppet may collapse to give back to its creator all the Life Points invested in its creation (without surpassing its creator’s maximum Life Points), as long as its creator is within 1km distance. Triggering a Blood Tribute from a Blood Puppet is a Passive Action.

Blood Bomb: At its creator’s will, a Blood Puppet may explode, inflicting an attack with the Puppet’s own Attack rating on all beings within 10m. The Base Damage is equal to the Life Points invested in the Blood Puppet’s creation. Blood Puppets destroyed by a Blood Bomb Attack automatically explode into a Blood Bomb. Triggering a Blood Bomb from a Blood Puppet is a Passive Action and requires its creator to be within 1km distance.

FURUSATO: BACK HOME

Requirements: Defense200+, Zen, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Genus Loci Kami’s Blood.

This Magnus is strictly related to the Genus Loci Kami from Varja. Those with such Kami blood can in fact master it for multiple effects. First, they become able to link their soul to their Kami’s original dominion and get power from it even when they’re not supposed to be able to do so, although at a rather high cost of inner energy. Second, when they’re fighting in their proper environment they become especially extremely impervious to damage, thanks to the fact that the environment itself provides to their defense. Finally, the user becomes able to discern where he might find a place akin to his nature.

Soul Link: If the character is in a place akin to his nature, he can spend 5Ki points per turn to obtain the same bonuses, as if he were in his Kami’s original dominion.

Home Shield: While being in an environment akin to the nature of the Character, his defensive capacities are greatly improved. He may defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to his Presence multiplied by 10, that completely regenerates each turn. Also the character increases all his Resistances by +20 and his AT against all kind of attacks by +2 points, which cannot be negated, nor reduced. While in his own Kami’s dominion, double the Resistance Points of his Shield, and bonus to Resistances and AT.

Way Home: The character can at any moment spend 2Ki points to concentrate and determine where he can find a place akin to his nature within a 5km area centered on him. If there’s no such place within 5km of him, the character can further expand the area search, but the Ki cost doubles for each additional 5km of radius the search extends to.

MURAMASA: GOD’S BLADE

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, Zen, Dex11+, 1+ Base Magnus.

Blood Bond: Warlord Kami’s Blood.

Only those born with the soul of a Warlord Kami can unleash the true power of Muramasa, a fighting technique that transfers even more of the individual’s divine power into his favored weapon, turning it into an object of almost unlimited power and absolute lethality. Anyway, only those who’ve mastered the six base Magnus can unlock the true power of this Magnus, allowing Muramasa to fill them with godly power.

This Magnus can be used in combination with the power granted by Warlord Kami’s Blood, by spending an additional Ki Points per turn, granting the Kami’s Aura ability.

In addition, it can be used to increase the effects of some Base Magnus mastered by the user, as described by the following abilities.

Kami’s Aura: In addition to all bonus described in the Warlord’s Kami’s Blood advantage, the weapon of a character employing the Muramasa’s Magnus grants a bonus to all Resistances equal to the final Quality bonus applied.

Muramasa’s Seppuku: When using the Berserker Magnus, while Kami’s Aura is active, the character, may choose to spend 1 Ki point per turn to gain a +10 Initiative bonus and be able to distinguish friends from enemies. Whenever the character wants to get out of the Berserk state, he can spend any number of Ki points to add +1 to his Willpower for each Ki point spent for that test only.

Muramasa’s Sheathe: When releasing an unsheathe attack using Yuuse Batto Jutsu Magnus, while Kami’s Aura is active, the character may choose to spend 1 Ki point, plus 1 Ki point for each Fatigue point spent to improve the attack roll. For each spent Ki point, the Yuuse Batto Jutsu Magnus benefits from an extra +5Initiative and +5Attack bonus.

Muramasa’s Warcry: Muramasa’s Warcry allows its user to use the Kiai Magnus using any weapon which benefits from the Warlord Kami’s Blood bonus, while Kami’s Aura is active, by spending an additional cost of 1 Ki point, plus one Ki point for each Fatigue Point spend to improve the attack roll. The Kiai Attack made with the Muramasa Warcry will benefit from an additional +5Base Damage for each spent Ki point.

Muramasa’s Shield: When covering for others using the Guardian Magnus, while Kami’s Aura is active, the character can choose to spend 1 Ki point, plus one for each Fatigue Point spent to improve the Defense roll. The character will be allowed to ignore up to -20 points of Penalties to the defense roll for each spent Ki point.

Muramasa’s Slash: When making a Final Attack employing the Final Attack Magnus, while Kami’s Aura is active, the character may choose to spend 1 Ki point, plus one for each Fatigue Point spent to improve the attack roll. For each spent Ki point, the Final Attack inflicts an extra -1AT to the target armor and adds an extra +10 to its Base Damage. The attack will also be able to damage any class of being regardless of Gnosis or special immunities and protections.

Muramasa’s Trick: When making a Special Maneuver Attack employing the Special Maneuver Magnus, while Kami’s Aura is active, the character may choose to spend 1 Ki point, plus one for each Fatigue Point spent to improve the attack roll. The defending opponent will have to pass a Notice check against a Base Difficulty of Difficult (120), plus 1 Difficulty Level for each spent Ki point, or suffer from the Surprise penalty to his Defense roll.

ADAPTUM: ADAPTABILITY

Requirements: Attack100+, Defense100+, Initiative100+, Notice100+, Search100+.

Blood Bond: Crow or Processed.

By controlling the improved metabolism bestowed by the Process, the Crows learn how to temporarily increase their capacities. A character with Adaptum may choose to gain one of the following bonuses each turn, but cannot use Adaptum for more than five minutes per day: +10 Attack, +10Defense, +10Initiative, AT3 against all attacks, +15 to all Resistances, +2Str, +1Agi, +25 Notice and Search.

ADAPTUM MAGISTER: TOTAL ADAPTABILITY

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, Initiative200+, Notice200+, Search200+.

Blood Bond: Processed.

Only completely Processed individuals can master the true power of Adaptum, greatly improving its proficiency. A character with Adaptum Magister may choose to gain one of the following bonuses each turn, but cannot use Adaptum Magister for more than five minutes per day: +20 Attack, +20Defense, +20Initiative, AT5 against all attacks, +30 to all Resistances, +4Str, +1Agi, +50 Notice and Search.

TRANSFORMATION: ONI

Requirements: Attack160+, Str11+, 250+ Life Points.

Blood Bond: Oni’s Blood.

This terrifying transformation fully manifests the Oni soul inside those that have somehow inherited their blood. Those using it gain great resistance and destructive power as well as Oni’s elemental powers, at the cost of losing their rationality and throwing themselves into battle with selfless fury.

While using this Transformation, the character becomes a Damage Accumulation being with a bonus of +2AT and 600 extra Life Points, which are the first he loses if damaged. The character also gains a bonus of +2Str and +50 to both his base Damage and the effect of any Critical inflicted to opponents. As a side effect, the character becomes subject to the state of Rage. Depending on whether the character has blood from a Red Oni or a Blue Oni, he also gains the Onibi or Onikaminari ability respectively and a +5MA to either Fire or Electricity related spells respectively for the duration of the Magnus. Use of this Magnus has a cost of 3Ki points per turn and can be combined with other Techniques or Magnus that don’t require a Transformation.

FATUS: DESTINY’S THREAD

Requirements: Attack280+, Defense280+, Pow13+, Zen, Elimination of Necessities, Chaos Meister: Chaos Control Magnus.

Blood Bond: Djinn’s Blood.

Only those with the power of Djinns inside of them can unlock this superior version of the already impressing Chaos Meister Magnus, and even among those, only very few reached such ability in the course of history (especially since most Djinn blooded mortals tend to be magicians as opposite to fighters). Anyway, this Ars is based on the same principles of Chaos Meister, but brings them to extreme consequences allowing the user a strict control of the flow of combat, that really makes him an absolute combat master.

This Magnus grants its user much better control of Chaos Meister. The cost of all three Chaos Meister abilities is halved for a character using this Magnus. Also, he/she can use all of his Chaos Meister abilities to influence the dice rolls or actions of anyone involved in the same fight as he is. Both Existential Alteration and Destiny’s Duality can be used to negate a fumble roll and Destiny’s Duality can be used to cause an Open Roll. The character becomes able to use unconsciously Null Tempus to revert actions that caused his death or that made him unconscious, and his body will actually automatically trigger it in case of death or unconsciousness as far as it has enough Ki points.

STYGIA: HELL ON EARTH

Requirements: Attack150+, Defense150+, Pow11+, 1+ A’arab Zaraq Techniques.

Blood Bond: Demon’s Blood.

Cost: 20 MK: 20

Stygia is a threatening fighting style developed by few people whose blood is tainted by the demon’s influence and who have delved into the demonic combat knowledge of the A’arab Zaraq. Of course, also a few demons have mastered this Ars Magnus, granting them optimal use of that unique combat style. The Magnus greatly improves the use of A’arab Zaraq, allowing a user to remove all limits inherent to such fighting techniques.

A character must declare he’s using Stygia the moment he unleashes an A’arab Zaraq technique to obtain one or more of the following effects.

Power from Hell: By spending 3Ki points per technique level (which don’t need to be Accumulated) in the moment the character uses a technique, the technique loses any inherent Disadvantage it has.

Prolong Agony: By spending 5Ki points per technique level (which don’t need to be Accumulated) in the moment the character uses a maintained technique, it gains Lesser Sustenance instead. By spending 8Ki per technique level, the technique may instead gain Major Sustenance.

Suffering and Torment: By spending 3Ki points per technique level (which don’t need to be Accumulated), in the moment the character uses a technique, the technique gains the Combinable ability, although its effect may be combined only with those of another technique from the A’arab Zaraq school, which must also be made Combinable by spending the appropriate Ki cost at the time it’s used.

LAOCH MISNEACH: HEART OF A HERO

Requirements: Attack200+ and Defense200+ OR Magic Projection200+ OR Summon300+ OR Psychic Projection200+, 500+Zeon.

Blood Bond: Lim Sidhe’s Blood.

Laoch Misneach is an Ars Magnus that can only be used by those that naturally synchronize with the Incarnations and allows them to either prolong the time of synchronization (whether they use it by summoning or thanks to their Blood Bond) or, once perfect synchronization is reached, force it to grant even greater power, allowing a character to summon the power the great hero of the past would have had if he had surpassed his own limits.

The first use of this Ars Magnus consists in prolonging the synchronization time, allowing a character to maintain it for longer than 5 turns by spending a cumulative cost of either 1Ki point or 10 Zeon for each extra turn of maintenance. The cost must be fully paid either in Ki points or in Zeon points each turn, but not with a mix of both.

The second use of this Ars Magnus can only be used by characters that are at least one Level higher than the Level required for Real Affinity with their Incarnation. When summoning the Incarnation in its Real Affinity, the character may choose to spend either 2Ki points or 20 Zeon points multiplied by his Level, in order to strengthen the Incarnation. By doing so, it increases all numerals on the incarnation (except for Weapon Quality and Gnosis) by an amount that depends on the difference between the character’s own Level and the Level required for the Real Affinity Incarnation. The increment is equal to +5%/Level for the first 5 Levels of difference and increases to +10%/Level from the sixth Level of difference. This bonus also increments any numeral in Incarnation rules that are independent from the Affinity Level or present in lower level Affinities rules.

TRANSFORMATION: TITAN

Requirements: Attack250+, Block250+, Wear Armor 200+, Zen, Str11+, Con11+, Transformation: Physical Power Magnus, Physical Shield, Aura Extension.

Blood Bond: Kshathra’s Blood.

The Titan Transformation is the ultimate power of those with Kshathra’s Blood, turning them, along with their metal equipment in immense behemoths of pure metal. The effects are somewhat similar to those of the Physical Power Transformation Magnus, but despite what some might think, the Titan Transformation isn’t derived from that, but quite the opposite, since Physical Power Transformation was an adaptation for mortals without Kshathra’s Blood of this one Magnus.

The use of this Transformation Magnus changes the effects of Physical Power Transformation Magnus. First of all, the size increment of the character using the First State or the Second State is according to the Strength and Constitution Increment. The character turns into a Damage Accumulation Being with bonus HP equal to their Block value (including all bonuses from abilities or equipment) multiplied by their Life Points Multiplier (depending on their Size). Although the character cannot make Defense rolls, he/she can subtract from the opponent’s Attack value any kind of fixed Die roll he/she benefits from. The character no longer suffers a Movement Penalty (instead he will get a Movement bonus according with his size increment) and his Initiative penalty is only equivalent to that caused from the size Increment. The area of effect of attacks made by the character will also increase accordingly. Metal Weapons and Armors are also affected by the size increment. Weapons get the Damage Bonus due to size increment as described on the core rulebook, but no additional Initiative penalty is applied as far as the character’s size is proportioned. Enormous and Giant Armors gain the same fortitude bonus of weapons and an AT bonus respectively of +50% and +100% (rounding down) against all attacks except for Electricity. Finally, while transformed into a Titan the character has no need to breathe and is immune to any pressure or void based damaging effect (or resistance check), thanks to the completely compact nature assumed by his body. As a side effect is a complete and absolute inability to swim or use any levitation or flight effect while in this shape. Such effects won’t affect the character unless they are based on magnetism. Unfortunately, all electro-magnetic attacks directed at the character are granted a bonus of +30Damage and the character suffers from a penalty of -30 to Resistance Checks caused by electro-magnetic effects.

The final power of this magnus, anyway, consists in activating a Third State of Transformation. In this state, the character benefits from +6Strength and +6Constitution bonus, that will modify accordingly his size, Initiative, Movement Value, and area covered by attacks. The character’s melee attacks will also benefit from a +60 Base Damage bonus and the character gains a Damage Barrier of 200 (240, including Kshathra’s Blood bonus). Damage from Metal sources is reduced by -10 points for each full 100 points of Damage Barrier the character has. Metal weapons used by the character will be granted an extra +10Damage on top of aforementioned bonus and Metal Armors will grant an extra +1AT against all attack types but Electricity.

Activating the Third State Transformation granted by this Magnus has a cost of either 5Ki or 50 Zeon per turn. Abilities from this Magnus can be combined with any other Technique or Ars Magnus, except for those that require a physical transformation.

AMEN: GODS’ WILL

Requirements: Attack200+, Block200+, Elan 60+ with each synchronized Beril/Shajad, Use of Ki, Zen, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Avatar’s Blood.

More than a real fighting technique, this ability, which can be accessed only by the Chosen of Light and Darkness, is a sort of trick that allows them to concentrate their divine essence by the use of soul energy to temporarily increment their synchronization and powers to unearthly levels.

Use of this Magnus has a cost of 5Ki points per turn and allows a character to temporarily double his Elan Level with all synchronized Berils/Shajads. This extra Elan points do not grant extra powers to the Chosen, but are considered for all those Elan Powers that are based on the Elan Level of the character. For example, a character with Elan 60 with Michael and Azrael and with the Heavenly Resistances and Immunity powers will get +60 to all Resistances (half of his current Elan Level of 120) and be Immune to all MR and PsR checks of 160 or less (his current Elan Leveel of 120 +40).

SHA: ABSOLUTE COMMAND

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, All Social Secondary Abilities 320+, Supernatural Essence, Divinity in Body and Soul, Int11+, Wil11+, Pow11+.

Blood Bond: Amenothep’s Blood.

When the absolute perfection and authority of descendants of Amenothep reaches levels that transcend humanity in all senses, each of their words becomes an absolute command that can force men to do the unexpected even in the midst of battles. Once this Magnus is mastered, the divine breed no longer needs to raise his weapons, forcing enemies to slay each other by his sheer will, pushing allies to unbelievable feats, and diverting attacks directed to him with the slightest glance.

A character may use this Magnus both for Active and Passive Actions in combat. When used as an Active Action, choose any character involved in the same fight as the user of Sha. That character will have to pass a MR or PsR check against a difficulty equal to the sum of the user’s Elan Levels with both Barakiel and Jedah (if the character does not wish to resist, he can choose not to take any check). If the check is failed, the character using Sha will immediately perform an Active Action with the character which can be also attacking himself or a friend, using any possible maneuver, power or technique he’s capable of, at Sha’s user discretion. Although the Active Action performed by a character affected from Sha is in addition to the any other taken by the same individual in the same turn, the character must still be able to perform such action in normal conditions (for example, if a character has already spent his accumulated Ki or Zeon and is not able to accumulate more in the same turn, he will not be able to cast a spell or use a ki technique, or if the character has already blocked in the same turn, he cannot use a Full Attack Maneuver). If the user of Sha chooses to use it for more than one Active Action, the difficulty of all checks to resist it is reduced by 20 points for each additional use. When used for defending, attacking characters must pass an MR or PsR check as described above or suffer a penalty to their Attack value equal to twice their failure level. Use of Sha for Passive Actions (defense) does not impair in any way its use for Active Actions.

Each use of this Magnus (either for Active or Passive Actions) has a cost of either 1ki point or 10Zeon points for each Level of the Character affected (Level Modifiers are ignored for this purpose). The cost must be fully paid either in ki points or in Zeon each time.

GHIBLI: DESERT’S WIND

Requirements: Attack200+, Dodge200+, All Subterfuge Secondary Abilities 320+, Supernatural Essence, Forcing Luck, Dex11+, Agi11+, Per11+.

Blood Bond: Ali’s Blood.

Nothing can stop or restrain the desert wind and so is for those descendants of Ali that reach strong communion with both their patrons. Ghibli is a fighting Magnus designed to move both its user and the other elements fighting on the battlefield. Needless to say the effect is absolutely chaotic and confusing, since fighters are displaced from one opponent to another according to the user’s will.

A character may use this Magnus both for Active and Passive Actions in combat. When used as an Active Action, choose any character involved in the same fight as the user of Ghibli. That character will have to pass a MR or PhR check against a difficulty equal to the sum of the user’s Elan Levels with both Uriel and Eriol (if the character does not wish to resist, he can choose not to take any check). If the check is failed, the character will immediately be displaced in any plausible position within 100m of his current position, facing any direction at Ghibli user’s discretion. Characters displaced in this way that haven’t still taken any Active Action, see their Initiative reduced by -30 points, due to the necessity of understanding their new position. If the user of Ghibli chooses to use it for more than one Active Action, the difficulty of all checks to resist it is reduced by 20 points for each additional use. When used for Passive Actions, the user of Ghibli can instantly gain a bonus of +10 to all his checks for escaping trap effects of any source, and/or to gain a +30Resistance bonus to any effect that would block him or reduce his mobility, and/or displace himself automatically in any plausible position within 100m after a successful Dodge roll, success in a check to resist a trap effect, or success in a Resistance Check to avoid any of the aforementioned effects.

Each use of this Magnus for Active Actions has a cost of either 1ki point or 10Zeon points for each Level of the Character affected (Level Modifiers are ignored for this purpose). Each use of this Magnus for Passive Actions has a cost of either 1ki point from either Agility, Dexterity, or Perception pool, or 10Zeon. The cost must be fully paid either in ki points or in Zeon each time.

ENUMA ELISH: THE ULTIMATE BLADE

Requirements: Attack300+, Block300+, Dark Avatar, Azrael’s Warrior, Str11+, Dex11+, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Gilgamesh’s Blood.

Very few fighting techniques are as powerful and destructive as Enuma Elish, a fearful combination of the powers granted to the heirs of Gilgamesh by the Dark Warrior and the Queen of Swords. Apart from Gilgamesh himself, only a very small number of people were ever able to use this attack, since it requires amazing fighting skills and an extraordinary synchronization with both the Shajad and the Beryl. While using this Magnus the character is able to face even gods fearlessly, as far as he’s fighting for a right cause.

A character must be using the Dark Avatar power and benefit from the Blessed power (he must fight evil enemies or for a very fair cause) in order to be able to use this Magnus, and its effects will disappear immediately if either the Dark Avatar transformation ends or the character commits an unfair action, stopping his Blessed power from working. While using this Magnus, the Blessed power bonus gets to +30 without need of sacrificing any Elan points, and any attack performed by its user will be able to damage any class of being regardless of Gnosis or special immunities and protections. Finally, each turn a character uses this Magnus, he can choose one of the following advantages:

Challenge Ender: Choose a single opponent. This character gains an extra All Action Bonus of +40 to all Opposed Actions against that individual, a Base Damage bonus of +100 to all kind of Attacks directed against that opponent and a +50 Resistance Bonus against any check caused by that opponent. The opponent must be something able to fight, an unmovable object (such as a castle wall, or a cart) cannot be chosen as an opponent.

Defender of Innocents: The character can Block as a Passive Action attacks directed at anyone within 10m of him without suffering any penalty. Also the character halves all penalties for additional defenses this turn.

Eradicator’s Sweep: This character’s Attacks will affect all opposing enemies within 20m of him in his frontal arc, without affecting friends or any third party.

Using this Magnus has a cost of either 10Ki points per turn or 100 Zeon points per turn.

SANGE GOL: THE BLOOD VOID

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, All Vigor Abilities 280+, Blood Of Insanity, Vortex, Pow11+, Str11+, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Bathory’s Blood.

Sange Gol is one of the most terrifying power manifestations ever witnessed on Gaia…although the only witness alive to this day is the Nightmare Lord Malekith. It’s a fearful combination of Edamiel’s and Zemial’s powers, possible only for those who are extremely close to full synchronization with both entities. As if a dark red vortex empowering the individual at its centre with the essence of those sucked by it wasn’t a tremendous enough thing, the blood that swirls in it makes people completely mad, making them attack each other in an orgy of destruction as they are inevitably sucked toward complete nullification. Lucky enough for the world, the only individual to ever master this unique combat technique was Bathory herself and since then, no-one of her offspring has ever reached enough Elan to achieve such power…so far…

This Magnus must be used in combination with the Vortex power from Edamiel’s Elan and has a cost of either 10ki points per turn or 100 Zeon per turn. It must be used in the same turn the Vortex is unleashed and must be used for all five turns the Vortex lasts. If the character is ever unable to pay the Ki or Zeon cost of Sange Gol after he’s started using it, the character is immediately sucked by his own vortex and annihilated instantly. While using this Magnus, the Vortex power will act as a Void Spell cast at Intermediate casting level instead of Base casting level. Whenever the Vortex absorbs any Life Points or Zeon Points, these points may be transferred to the user of Sange Gol Magnus (without exceeding his or her maximum). Alternatively, absorbed Zeon Points can be used to further enhance the Vortex: 150 absorbed Zeon points will turn it into a Void spell cast at Advanced casting level and if 300 more Zeon points are absorbed, the casting level with be further enhanced to Arcane. Finally, as an additional effect, all those affected from the Vortex (they don’t need to be in contact with its nucleus) have to pass each turn a VR check against 140 or be affected from the Blood of Insanity power from Zemial as if they drank the user’s blood (which they actually do, due to the fact that drops swirl madly within the vortex inevitably ending in contact with people), and start attacking the nearest target with all their might. The Blood of Insanity effect does not end, even after the Sange Gol stops to work and/or its user is killed.

LEGIO: THE INFERNAL RAMPAGE

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+, Animals 320+, Occult 320+, Increased Invocation, Demonic Summoning, Pow11+, Wil11+, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Bilquis’ Blood.

Developed by Bilquis herself, Legio is a terrifying manifestation of the combined powers of mother earth and deepest hell. This power really stretches the bond with the Beryl Raphael and seems to work only thanks to a pact signed by both Raphael, Abbaddon and Bilquis herself. Regardless of where the user is, in time of need he/she can have a horde of animals instantly gate to his/her position. The most terrifying aspect is that in order for this to happen, the animals have to travel through Abaddon’s territories where their bodies are temporarily possessed by a legion of demons. The effect of the ensuing rampage is usually devastating as the demon-possessed animals are an extension of Bilquis’ own will, an unstoppable legion. Oddly enough, after the use of this power, the animals (both live and dead) are gated back to their original position and freed from both the demonic possession and the memory of whatever just happened. This is the one condition imposed by Raphael when the pact was signed, one Abaddon was never to enthusiast about, although the Shajad is smart enough not to break the pact, since this would summon the Beryl’s wrath and start a war that might engulf the other deities, putting an end to all of them once and for all.

This Magnus must be used in combination with the Increased Invocation power, and at least a month must pass between the use of this Magnus and the use of Demonic Summoning to summon a Demon. The user instantly summons the creatures. For the remainder of the battle, the user will be fighting alongside the horde and act as an army, applying the rules for Mass Combat with the following exceptions. The horde uses the best out of the characteristics and abilities of the summoned animals, the user’s own characteristics and abilities and those of any demonic being whose Level is equal or lower to one tenth of the user’s Elan with Abaddon. The character does not adds his/her Life Points to those of the summoned horde. The horde will last for a number of minutes equal to the average of the user’s Elan with Abaddon and Raphael or until completely destroyed. The character must remain within the horde, but even should it be entirely destroyed, the character won’t suffer any damage of any kind, although he/she won’t be able to perform any active action during the following turn.

MIROIR: THE MIRROR SHIELD

Requirements: Attack250+, Defense250+, Guardian Magnus, Shinkyou: The Mirror Position Magnus, Heavenly Essence, Dark Executor, Dex11+, Wil11+, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Roland’s Blood.

An improvement of Shinkyou developed by Roland himself, Miroir greatly enhances the potential of the Mirror Position Magnus, turning the user into a perfect defending machine, concentrating Michael’s power, imbuing the individual with the power of a Guardian Angel, protecting those that surround the user from any harm. Meanwhile Meseguis’ will to smite the offenders, projects dark reflections of the user that strike against all those that attacked him and his companions, regardless of their position.

In order to use this Magnus, the user must be benefitting from both the Savior and Dark Executor bonuses, hence he/she must be protecting others’ lives and fighting in order to perform a vengeance. This Magnus follows the same rules of Shinkyou: Mirror Position Magnus, with the following exceptions. Instead of spending 10Ki, the user can choose to spend 100 Zeon to use this Magnus, but at least a month must pass between the use of this Magnus and the use of Heavenly Presence to summon an Angel. The +50 Defense bonus granted by Shinkyou can be used against any kind of attack, including distance attacks and magic spells or psychic powers that make use of projection. Also the character becomes able to defend against attacks directed at anyone within his/her Aura radius, applying only the -10 penalty as for the Guardian Magnus. Finally, the character becomes able to counterattack against all successfully blocked attacks, spells and psychic powers, by projecting reflections of himself that strike as they would normally do after a successfully defended melee attack. Note that all Defense rolls and all Counterattack rolls performed by the character while using this Magnus will benefit from bonuses from Savior and Dark Executor.

SIDEREUM SOMNIUM: WELCOME TO DREAMLAND

Requirements: 300+ Ki Points, 3000+ Zeon Points, Shicksal: Predetermined Mastery Magnus, 1+Dreamland Technique, 1+Dreams Spell, 1+Peace Spell, Recovery, Peace Song, Supernatural Enhancement, Agi11+, Wil11+, Con11+.

Blood Bond: Morpheus’ Blood.

Oddly enough, Sidereum Somnium, a powerful fighting style taking advantage of both Erebus and Gabriel’s powers, was not developed by Morpheus himself, but from one of his descendants, a person who lived almost all his life in the Wake and became “more dream than reality”. The creator of Sidereum Somnium actually perfected the already existing Shicksal Magnus, binding its use to the use of Dream and Peace Spells and his own fighting techniques, a very odd fighting style named Dreamland. Witnessing a master of Sidereum Somnium is like living a dream, one where the dreamer is invincible and unstoppable, an authentically unerring force of ki and magic, although the use of such power greatly erodes the user’s reserves of spiritual power.

A character with Sidereum Somnium gains several bonuses when using Dreamland Techniques and Spells from the Dream and Peace Subpaths, as described. Should the character ever kill an opponent, even by accident, while using Sidereum Somnium, all its effects are immediately interrupted and the character won’t be able to use it again for a whole week.

Arcane Reinforcement: The character can buy Arcana Sephira Spheres spending his/her ML (as provided by Intelligence and/or Advantages) even if he had no Gift, and can apply it to any Dream and/or Peace spell he/she can use. All Defensive Techniques from the Dreamland Technique Tree and spells from Peace Subpath used/cast with a Predetermined Defense value, can benefit from the bonuses of Defensive Erudition (both from the Spell or from the Arcana Sephira), and the Defender and Absolute Defense Spells, which are added to the Final Defense or Defensive Projection value used by the Technique/Spell. All Attack Techniques from the Dreamland Technique Tree and Spiritual Spells from Peace and Dream Subpath used/cast with a Predetermined Attack value, can benefit from the bonuses of Offensive Erudition (both from the Spell or from the Arcana Sephira), which are added to the Final Attack or Offensive Projection value used by the Technique/Spell. Techniques from the Dreamland Technique Tree will also benefit from the effects of Improved Shields, Increased Destruction, Double Damage, Erase Protections, Improved Area, Incremented Distance, and Break Resistances Spheres from the Arcana Sephira. Note that for Techniques to benefit from Offensive or Defensive Erudition or the Erase Protections Spheres, the user must spend the required Zeon at the time he’s using the Technique.

Master of Peaceful Rest: At the time the user of Sidereum Somnium casts a Spell from the Dream or Peace Subpath he/she can immediately spend 100 Zeon Points per Casting Level (without need for accumulating such Zeon), to gain the same bonuses as if a Reinforce Magic spell was cast on them. The user becomes able to apply the Limited Permanency ability from Shicksal Magnus to Effect Spells from Dream and Peace Subpaths.

Not in Dreams: When using a Dreamland Technique, the user of this Magnus can choose to spend 1 or more Fatigue Points to remove 1 Disadvantage from the Technique for each Fatigue Point spent. When casting the Defender and Absolute Defense spells, the user of Sidereum Somnium can spend 1 Fatigue Point to allow the target to perform Attack Techniques from the Dreamland Technique Schools or Spiritual Spells from the Dreams and/or Peace Subpaths, as far as such Techniques and Spells are not used to kill.

Spiritual Ambivalence: The user of Sidereum Somnium can add +10 to his/her MA for each 3 Ki Accumulation Multiples he/she has on Agi, Con, and Wil Attributes (without considering the bonus from this Magnus) when accumulating for Dream and Peace spells. The user of Sidereum Somnium gains a bonus of +1 to his/her Ki Accumulations on Agi, Con, an Wil Attributes for each 50 points of MA he/she has (without considering the bonus from this Magnus), when accumulating for Dreamland techniques. The user of Sidereum Somnium can spend any quantity of Ki or Zeon during a turn to recover Fatigue Points using the Recovery Ki Ability, with a rate of 1Fatigue Point recovered per 5Ki or 50 Zeon Points spent.

TRANSFORMATION: GATTAI, SPIRAL UNION OF TWO SOULS

Requirements: Attack250+, Defense250+, Science (Piloting)200+, Dex11+, Con11+, Pow11+, Wil11+, Zen, Single/Multiple Gear Module.

Blood Bond: Spiral Warrior.

The supreme power of Spiral Warriors consists in using the Gattai, with which they combine their soul with someone else in order to obtain supreme power while using a Gear. Although the effects of this Magnus look similar to the Fuse spell from the Creation Path, it’s not a mere fusion and the capacities of both individuals participating in a Gattai are greatly increased, thanks to the spiral power that increases exponentially. The use of this power is considered pure madness by those who witness it, since reality rules seem to bend and somehow matter is generated by the union of the two individuals. Unfortunately, the greatest limit of Gattai resides in the fact that the Spiral Warrior must have a strong bond with anyone he/she’s attempting Gattai with, and that both must be using a Gear, which isn’t the most common finding in Gaia.

In order to use this Magnus, the Spiral Warrior must be within 50m of the character he/she’s attempting Gattai with and both must be driving a Gear. Both characters must spend 1 generic Ki point per 5 points of Presence they have in order to perform Gattai, but after it’s complete, it can be maintained indefinitely. Gattai requires an entire turn to complete, during which the two characters won’t be affected by anything around them, since they’re enveloped in an alternate reality. The effects of Gattai are the same as for the Creation Spell Fuse, but with the following differences. First, both characters are in control of the Gattai form and choose together its Actions, by sharing a complete telepathic link. Should the two characters be in conflict for any reason, the Willpower check is used each turn to determine who’s in control with the Spiral Warrior applying a +3 to his/her Willpower to the check, but even then, if the difference between the two scores is 5 or lower, the Gattai form will suffer a -20 All Action Penalty that will be further increased to -40 if the difference between the two scores is 1. Should the Willpower check be a draw, the Gattai breaks and the two characters are immediately separated, suffering a -80 All Action Penalty in the same turn they break in this way. The characteristics are equal to the highest among the two characters (including Gear bonus), plus 1 for each +5 bonus conferred from the unused characteristics. Each Primary/Secondary Ability is equal to the highest value among those of the two characters participating in Gattai, plus 25% (round down at multiples of 5) of the corresponding Primary/Secondary Ability of the other character, only if positive. Ki points, Ki Accumulations, Zeon Points, Magic Accumulation, and Free Psychic Points are the sum of those of the two characters participating in Gattai. While using Gattai, sum the Gnosis and Natura of the two participants (with the usual limit of 20 for Natura). Nemesis Abilities cannot be used by the Gattai form (but any technique possessed by the other user can), even if the other character participating in it has learned them, but any technique from the Tengen Toppa tree has all its effects increased by 1 degree. Effects that are already maxed gain an increment of 25%. Finally, the presence of the Gattai form is considered equal to the sum of the Presences of the two characters participating in it. Gattai cannot be combined with any other Transformation Magnus used by either participant.

ARACHNE: KILLING PHLEGM

Requirements: Attack160+, Inhumanity.

Blood Bond: Spider Queen’s Blood.

Cost: 20 MK: 20

Mastering Arachne allows heirs of the Spider queen to transmit ki to their phlegm, turning it into a much more lethal weapon. Not only the phlegm can be made much stronger through the use of ki, but it can also be modified so that it shrinks over time, crushing those trapped in it.

Before making an attack with the Adhesive Phlegm, the user of this Magnus can spend ki points to gain one or more of the following bonuses.

Increased Range: The character can spend 1 ki point to double the range of the Phlegm when used as a Thrown Weapon or spend 5 ki points to extend the area covered by a Phlegm Area Attack to 5m in front of the character and reduce the penalty for the attack to -20.

Stronger Phlegm: For each 1 ki point spent, the user of Arachne may increase the base Strength used by the Phlegm for the Trap check by +1, up to a maximum of 16. If the character develops the Zen ability, the maximum Strength achievable becomes 18. If the phlegm attack affects more opponents than one, the cost is increased to 3 ki points for each +1Strength bonus.

Shrinkage: If the character spends 5 ki points (15ki points for an attack affecting more opponents than one), on a successful trap, each following turn trapped opponents will be subject to a Crush Maneuver using the Phlegm’s Strength value.

ENMA: WINGS OF ANNIHILATION

Requirements: Attack250+, Wil13+, Celestial Essence.

Blood Bond: Wings of Death.

Only in rare cases Enma has been witnessed in Gaia, since it can only be used by Ebudans with Wings of Death and only those who have achieved their Sue’Aman can actually use it. Moreover, those who learn it are usually painfully knowledgeable of its terrifying effects, so they won’t use it except in direst circumstances. The wings of the user become invisible as they are made of pure energy and cut through flesh and metal as if they did not even exist, but what’s more fearsome, they can be released to unleash a lethal rain of feathery destruction on everyone within several miles of the user.

Before making an attack with the Wings, the user of this Magnus can spend ki points to gain one or more of the following bonuses.

Energy Wings: The character Wings attacks are fully considered Energy based, becoming invisible for those who can’t see magic and intangible for all those who cannot touch Energy.

Merciless Annihilation: In order to use Merciless Annihilation, the character must accumulate 30ki points from any characteristic as if using a Technique. The turn after accumulation has been completed, the user has to make a Wings attack affecting all individuals within a 2km radius, which is considered a Shot Projectile attack, following Energy Wings rules as well as any rule selected from Wings of Death.

TUKE-NAS-TATI DIDA-GA-TILVS-DI: BULL CHARGE

Requirements: Attack180+, Str13+, Con13+.

Blood Bond: Moloch’s Blood.

Combining a Minotaur’s fury with the keen of a Jayan, Tuka-Nas-Tati Dida-Ga-Tilvs-Di is an Ars Magnus that allows Jayan with Moloch’s Blood to unleash a devastating charge, cutting through enemies as if the user were an unstoppable force of nature.

When declaring a charge, the user of Tuka-Nas-Tati Dida-Ga-Tilvs-Di can spend 10ki points to become able to make a single penalty-free attack, benefitting from all charge bonuses, against all enemies within reach along the chosen path and gain an additional bonus of +30 to the Attack roll against the primary target of the charge.

ASURA: AEON’S SEALS

Requirements: Lóng Magister, Attack250+, Defense200+, Summon250+, Banish250+, Zen.

Blood Bond: Shura.

Cost: 60 MK: 100

Shura’s that master the art of fighting using Seal Cards are the only ones who can develop it even further, into Asura, a fighting style that imbues the very Seal Cards with the power of the Aeons, turning each attack or defense with them into a manifestation of pure divine power. Not only the use of Asura strengthens the already mighty elemental powers of Lóng, but it also turns the Seals into a proficient defense and makes it break through all kind of defenses, striking at even most powerful entities.

An Asura user benefits from all following bonuses and abilities while fighting using Lóng Impossible Weapon Magnus:

Aeons’ Overflow: When using an Aeon Invocation through an Invoker Attack, the user of Asura adds +10% to all numerals present in the Invocation description for each 50% Damage dealt to the opponent. Multiple by 4 Damage dealt for calculating the elemental effects of Lóng Water, Air and Fire Elemental Attacks. Add +3 to Strength check for Impacts dealt by Lóng Earth Elemental Attacks and Traps made through Lóng Light Elemental Attacks. Add +40 to VR checks inflicted by Poisons instilled by Lóng Darkness Elemental Attacks.

Godly Seals: While using Lóng, the Shura completely ignores the Gnosis of his opponents for determining whether the user can affect them with his attacks or banish them using Banisher Attacks. Also, the user is considered unaffected by the Auspice ability of entities with Gnosis 40 or higher.

Seal Barrier: Before rolling for initiative the user of Asura may spend 5ki to defend for the duration of the whole turn as if using a Supernatural Shield with a number of Resistance Points equal to the sum of the character’s Summon and Banish values. By spending 3ki before making a Defense roll using the Seal Barrier the user can grant it the same rules of either a Banisher Attack, an Invoker Attack, or an Enchanter Attack, triggering on a successful Defense.

Supernatural Mastery: Add +5 to the maximum MK value of effects that can be chosen for an Enchanter Attack.

Total Magister: When using Lóng, the character benefits from all six Magister Bonus, regardless of which bonus did he/she choose when taking Long Magister.

SANGE LACRIMA: BLOOD TEAR

Requirements: Attack180+, Inhumanity, Void Body.

Blood Bond: Ancient Vetala’s Blood.

The Blood Tear is a fighting style employed by very ancient Vetalas as well as those that somehow inherited their powers. It requires ingesting a great quantity of blood and greatly strengthens the Vetala’s Blood Ecstasy, fueling it with the Vetala’s own life energy and turning the Ancient Blooded creature in an unstoppable killing machine, while his/her eyes drop a constant flow of blood tears. Moreover, the closest to death is the Vetala, the stronger, faster and keener he/she becomes, making it increasingly difficult to fight against him/her.

Whenever the user of Sange Lacrima enters in Blood Ecstasy, he/she can choose to empower it with this Magnus by Sacrificing 5 Life Points per turn with the following effects. The character applies a bonus of +1 to all his/her characteristics, instead of just one. The All Action Bonus is incremented to +20 and also applies to Initiative, Base Damage, and all Resistances. The character completely ignores penalties for Pain and Fatigue and is considered Without Unconsciousness. If the user’s Life Points ever drop beow half the starting value all bonuses are doubled, if Life Points ever drop beow one fourth of the starting value all bonuses are tripled, and if Life Points ever drop below 0 all bonuses are multiplied by 4.

TRANSFORMATION: UNLEASH THE BEAST

Requirements: Attack180+, Defense180+, Inhumanity, Superior Change.

Blood Bond: Beornian.

Cost: 40 MK: 50

By harnessing the power of Beorn by mastery in his own body manipulation, a Beornian Tuan Dalyr can shapeshift into a superior beastly form, one that is kept inside his very own soul and reflects the darkest aspects of that part of it that is no longer human. Such transformation can only be kept active for a very short time, but its seldom needed for it to be used for any longer, especially when the Tuan Dalyr powers are boosted thanks to the Moon favourable position.

Releasing this Transformation can be done as a passive action, but requires an entire turn for the transformation to be active. Each turn the transformation is maintained, the character has to spend 5ki points. While using Unleash The Beast, the character doubles all characteristic bonus gained from the Tuan Dalyr transformation, as well as the Perception bonus and the Constitution bonus if he/she has Bestial Endurance. He/she becomes a Damage Accumulation being with a number of extra Life Points equal to 10 times his/her Presence, a natural AT value against all attacks that depends on the final Size of the character, based on his/her Str and Con values, and a Damage Barrier of 10 for each point of AT granted by the transformation. Extra life points are the first lost when suffering damage. Unleash The Beast cannot be combined with any other Transformation Magnus, except for Eliodon and Final Weapon Transformation Magna that can be both combined together, as long as Unleash The Beast is active.

TRANSFORMATION: DEATH MANTIS

Requirements: Attack200+, Defense200+.

Blood Bond: Mimicry Mutation.

Cost: 40 MK: 30

The very rare Mimicry Mutation is employed by few exceptional Ah Chiinche fighters to achieve a really incredible feat in battle, turning them into human-sized mantis, terrifying creatures with astounding reflexes, deadly forelimbs, unbreakable carapace, and membrane wings. Mimicry prefer not using this transformation since it impairs their ability to morph their whole body for a short while, but still it’s a very useful powerful combat feat, used as a last resort by the always endangered Mimicries.

Releasing this Transformation can be done before rolling Initiative, at the beginning of any turn for a cost of 5ki points. Maintenance of the Transformation requires spending 3ki points each following turn. While transformed in the Death Mantis, the natural AT of the Ah Chiinche is increased to 8. The character, gains +4 to his/her Dex and Agi characteristics, a bonus of +2 to the Strength characteristic and a bonus of +30 to the Initiative. The character can still hold weapons with the lower arms, but his/her upper arms and weapons are turned into Enormous-sized Natural Weapons (Base Damage100), with a bonus of +50Damage, +50Critical and negating up to 3 points of the opponents’ AT. The character gains Flight with a Movement value equal to his/her ground Movement (as modified by the incremented Agility). The Mimicry won’t be able to use the Total Morphing ability for one hour for each turn spent in Death Mantis form. Death Mantis cannot be combined with any other Transformation Magnus.

ERGO PROXY: PROXY OF DEATH

Requirements: Wil13+, Attack210+, Defense210+, 400+Zeon.

Blood Bond: Proxy Azoth.

Cost: 70 MK: 70

Only while taking full control of the Proxy, an Homunculus can really unleash the power contained in its unique Azoth nucleus. This allows feats of incredible power, attacks that allow the Proxy to compete with all and any entity in Gaia.

Characters that have mastered Ergo Proxy ignore the Willpower penalty when making checks to control the Proxy or revert to their original shape, caused by being turned as a consequence of low Life Points or suffered Critical. In addition, Ergo Proxy grants the following bonuses if the following two conditions are satisfied. First condition is that the Proxy must be awakened, and second is that the character must have successfully held control of it through a successful Willpower check.

Death Surge: Before rolling for Initiative, the Proxy can spend 50 Zeon Points to gain +30Initiative, increase Natural Weapons Base Damage to 150 and have them negate all opponents’ AT until the end of turn. While Death Surge is active, the penalty for each Additional Attack is decreased to -10.

Full Azoth Access: Whenever using a Natural Technique, all effects of the technique are considered one degree higher if possible. Whenever using a Natural Spell, the spell is considered as casted one casting level higher. Whenever using a Natural Psychic Power, the power is considered as used with one Difficulty Level higher. This bonus is calculated before doubling the numerals due to Proxy Power. Also, while keeping the Proxy awakened, the character ignores the Limitation of Rolls rule for having Natura 0.

Immortal Body: The Proxy becomes completely immune to the effects of Criticals.

Stable Control: Each time the character successfully passes a Willpower check to seize control of the Proxy, the effect lasts for 5 turns instead of just one.

VACUUM: VOID ATTACKS

Requirements: Pow11+, Attack200+, One with Nothing, Void Aura, Void Extrusion.

Blood Bond: Ginnungagap Blood.

The last gift made by the Ginnungagap Giant to the Eldeofolds who woke it and survived to get back was a lethal attack they could achieve only while being in Avatar Trance, an attack requiring them to fill their very souls with void and unleash it in either in an attack affecting all those surrounding even in several miles radius or on a single opponent with terrifying effects.

A character must be using the Avatar Trance to be able to use Vacuum. Vacuum grants the two following abilities. Such abilities cannot be combined with the effects of any Ki Technique.

Aura Vacuum: As a Complete Attack Action, the user may choose to make an attack affecting all individuals currently affected from his Void Aura, without suffering any penalty to the Attack Roll, using his/her Base Presence plus his/her Power Bonus as Base Damage. The Attack benefits from the Void Extrusion special rule, attacking on Energy AT and causing Cold Damage. Individuals killed by this attack have their souls completely destroyed. The cost for such attack is equal to 5ki points for each degree of maximum distance achieved by the character’s Void Aura.

Vacuum Pressure: As a Complete Attack Action, the user may choose to make a special attack affecting a single target, benefitting from Void Extrusion. The target has to pass a PhR check as if affected from Void Aura, regardless if he/she had already surpassed it previously and apply a penalty to the Defense roll equal to the Failure Level. The Base Damage of the Attack is incremented by an amount equal to the Failure Level and the attack negates one point of the opponent’s Energy AT for each full 10 points of Failure Level. Individuals killed by this attack have their souls completely destroyed. The cost for such attack is equal to 15ki points.

TOTAL RECALL

Requirements: Con13+, Pow13+, Wil13+, Use of Necessary Energy, Technique Pushing, Combat Aura, Void Aura, 1+ Techniques with Star Children Prerequisite.

Blood Bond: Experimental DNA.

Total Recall is an ability innately implanted into Experimental DNA Star Children. Due to the importance of such individuals under the Mothership perspective, when they reach sufficient power the Mothership activates special protocols to get past Imperium’s (or their counterparts’) attention more easily. This can be achieved when the Star Child projects to some distance both his/her ki and nemesis, creating a wide interference that allows the Mothership to slip through with its equipment much easier, although such process has a huge cost in terms of physical energy and requires the user to concentrate all his Ki and Nemesis powers into few tasks.

A character must be keeping active both Combat Aura and Void Aura to be able to use Total Recall and gain the following benefits to the techniques used only by Star Children. If a character intends to use Total Recall, he/she must declare it before rolling for Initiative. During a turn Total Recall is used, the character won’t benefit from any Ki or Nemesis ability except for Void Aura, Combat Aura, Use of Necessary Energy, and Technique Pushing.

Fast Recall: Each Fatigue Point spent to increase ki Accumulations grants a bonus to the each Accumulation equal to the character’s Base Accumulation value in the same characteristic, instead of just +1, as far as ki is being accumulated to perform a technique restricted to Star Children. When pushing a technique restricted to Star Children through Technique Pushing, instead of accumulating double the technique’s cost, the character accumulates as normal, but at the time he/she executed the technique, he/she loses an amount of ki points equal to the accumulated ki, as if the technique had the Energy Excess disadvantage.

Permanency: When using a Technique restricted to Star Children, the character may spend 1 Fatigue Point per Technique Level to prolong its effects. Techniques that aren’t sustained or maintained gain Lesser Sustainment, Maintained Techniques have to pay the Maintenance Cost once every 5 turns, and Techniques with Lesser Sustainment gain Major Sustainment.

Unconscious Recall: The character can maintain Combat Aura and Void Aura while Unconscious, and can accumulate ki for techniques restricted to Star Children and use and maintain them even while Unconscious. Accumulation of ki for techniques restricted to Star Children is completely unaffected from All Action Penalties of any kind and can only be reduced by the effect of Nemesis Abilities or similar Supernatural means.

NEKROS: FINAL DEATH

Requirements: Attack160+, Necromantic Touch, Inhumanity, Void Extrusion, Null Ki, Null Magic, Null Matrices, Null Bonds.

Blood Bond: Project Ragnarok.

Project Ragnarok are all designed with a protocol that activates only when adequate Nemesis Abilities have been developed by the modified Risen. It greatly improves the powers of its Necromantic Touch and allows it to reduce efficiently the opponents’ supernatural capacities.

When making an attack, the user of Nekros may spend Nemesis points to access one or both following abilities.

Improved Necrosis: The PhR or MR check difficulty of the Necromantic Touch is incremented by +5 each 2 Accumulation points the character has (rounding down), up to a maximum bonus of +70. In order to use Improved Necrosis, the character must spend a number of Nemesis Points equal to his/her Total Accumulation value (up to 28 nemesis points), before rolling for the Attack. This effect is not cumulative with that of the Mahou Supernatural Enhancement Magnus.

Nullifying Touch: A target hit by a Nullifying Touch attack suffers a penalty to any Supernatural ability (Ki Accumulation, Zeon Accumulation, Psychic Potential, Summoning Abilities) chosen by the user as if specifically affected the relative Nemesis Ability (Null Ki, Null Magic, Null Matrices, Null Bonds), for the entire turn, unless the user of Nullifying touch possesses Major Null Ki, Major Null Magic, or Major Null Matrices, in which case the target will become affected by the major version of the Nemesis ability. The user can choose to nullify more than one Supernatural Ability of the same target with a single Attack. In order to use Nullifying Touch, the character must spend 5 nemesis points for each Supernatural ability he/she wants to shut down, before rolling for the Attack.

WYRD: ENERGY CONTROL

Requirements: Attack140+, Block140+, Zen, MA200+.

Blood Bond: Royal Fae.

Combining Magic with fight is normal for Faes, still for those Royal Fae that employ physical combat it becomes unbelievably natural. Wyrd allows them to summon surrounding energies with each attack, fueling their magic with the combat momentum.

Whenever the user of Wyrd inflicts at least 10% damage on an opponent with a physical attack, he/she can immediately cast an Innate Spell as a Passive Action (regardless of the spell), ignoring whether the Fae is accumulating Zeon or not. The maximum Zeon cost of the Innate Spell is incremented by +10 for each 50% Base Damage the user managed to inflict to an opponent with the physical attack.

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted here. Haven't played Anima in a while. Well, I thought i should at least post an update of my Ophiucos- homebrew. It is not finished yet and i wonder if it ever will be. Anyhow, let me know what you think and have a good day.

Clarification: The printed statistics for Ophiucos do not include the ki ability "Aura Extension".

Houserules:

1: A character doesn't need the whole class sword module to use Ophiucos, but he must know how to use every weapon he ties to Ophiucos.

2: A character may choose to limit the swords allowed to use with Ophiucos to a single weapon type. If he does, he does not use the written statistics for Ophiucos, but the base statistics of the weapon type he chose. He cannot use any special rules (like precision) in any of the two liberation attacks.

3: Not combinable with Ki: A character can use ki techniques in the same turn in which he uses liberation attacks, as long as these techniques are not tied to attacks.

4: Ki Cancellation works on Ophiucos as normal, meaning altough no accumulation is necessary, if your generic accumulation reaches 0 you cannot use any of Ophiucos abilities that use ki points. Nothing prevents a user of Ophiucos to use the Limited Use ability though, or any ability that does not per se use ki points.

Ophiucos Variants:

Ophiucos: Ikazuchinotsurugi

Requirements: Attack Ability 250+, Aura Extension, Zen, Iaijutsu

DP Cost: 50 MK Cost: 100

This version of Ophiucos is thaught in Lannet, where a sword's saya, or sheath, is sometimes considered to be as important as the sword itself, or at least an integral part of the sword. Deliberately seperating the two would be almost an act of spitting on one's ancestor... in some cases. Lannet's version of Ophiucos also seals away the swords saya, which opens up new options and limitations for the use of this Impossible Weapon.

Flash Draw: To initiate this technique, the character has to draw one of the swords tied to Ophiucos from its sheath, meaning he must wield it in the Limited Use state. All attacks the character makes in that round are resolved in a single instant. They can be unleashed on a single opponent, or be spread upon multiple targets. In the moment the character draws his sword, he can choose to be instantly teleported to a point, or several points, of his choice. The character's first sword draw each round creates a teleportation area in which he can freely teleport for attack purposes. It appears as if the character blinks in and out of reality in quick succession, each strike the blinding flash of a drawn sword. After his attacks are resolved the character automatically sheathes all swords at once, reappearing at the point of his last assault.

The teleportation area has a radius equal to the number of swords tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi in feet x3. The great benefit this technique offers, lies in its ability to enjoy some of the advantages of „Automatic Transportation in Combat” (DE p.57, english version).

A target inexperienced with the user's ability to attack unpredictably can try to avoid being surprised by making notice checks as written, the difference is, that the difficulty cumulatively increases by one degree for each attack a single target suffers from Flash Draw in a given round. The base difficulty to avoid being surprised is Very Difficult (140) for the first attack, second (180), third (240), fourth (280), fifth (320). If the target is already surprised by the user of Flash Draw, the difficulty starts at Almost Impossible (240) with the second attack and goes up to Zen (440). This technique can only produce one surprise each round, but if the user of Flash Draw already surprises his target at the start of the turn, he may still generate another one. Surprises generated by Ikazuchinotsurugi cannot be mitigated by the Anticipate Surprise maneuver, or by abilities producing similar benefits.

In other aspects, this ability works as Absolute Liberation does, with the difference being that the maximum number of attacks possible with this variant equals d10/2 (round up), and the cost is 2 ki points, 1 for the teleportation, 1 for the attack. If the character wishes to position himself advantageous in relation to an opponent he has to make Acrobatics checks as normal, with cumulative penalties. Should the character, due to a high movement rate or similar circumstances, move out of the teleportation area, he cannot use Flash Draw again in the same round again, unless he reenters that area.

Area Liberation: Lannet's version of Ophiucos does not teach this ability:

Limited Use: The same as the original, but the sword appears sheated in its saya.

Ophiucos: Shattered Pride

Requirements: Attack Ability 250+, Aura Extension, Zen

DP Cost: 50 MK Cost: 100

A technique as questionable as it is awe inspiring. Shattered Pride uses the sheer quality of weapons tied to it to fuel it's abilities, but at a price. No weapon tied to Shattered Pride can ever again benefit from any bonus that is not a quality bonus, in fact those bonuses are being stripped away at the point of binding the swords to the character.

Using Shattered Pride involves forcing the swords tied to Ophiucos into reality and deliberately shattering them into tiny fragments under the master's control.

Limited Use: As the normal Ophiucos ability.

Single Shatter: The most basic form of Shattered Pride. The master of Shattered Pride summons one of his swords into reality and shatters it using his will, making the created blade shards impervious to any form of breakage. In this state none of the attacks of Ophiucos can benefit from any form of breakage. The stats used to attack or defend are the same as Ophiucos' base stats with the difference that he shards damage equals 10+ Shattered Pride's quality bonus and its speed equals 20+ Shattered Pride's quality bonus and also allow its user to make one penalty free attack each turn for every 10 swords tied to Ophiucos, with a maximum of 5 free attacks. Dodging the shards works normal, blocking them however is difficult and imposes a -50 penalty on the roll. If the defender uses a shield, the maluses are halved.

Total Shatter: Shattered Pride's master forces all the swords tied to Ophiucos into reality and shatters them. Shattering the swords costs 25 ki points, makes the created blade shards impervious to any form of breakage. In this state none of the attacks of Ophiucos can benefit from any form of breakage.

Total Shatter allows it's master to initiate attacks using the shards. Those attacks benefit from Ophiucos' quality as usual, but the damage equals 10+ Ophiucos' quality bonus. The shards allow its user to make one penalty free attack each turn for every 5 swords tied to Ophiucos, with a maximum of 10 free attacks. Dodging the shards works normal, blocking them however is difficult and imposes a -50 penalty on the roll. If the defender uses a shield the maluses are halved.

Area Liberation: The shards created by Total Shatter also cover the area and allow it's master to channel an area attack. That area has a radius equal to the number of swords tied to Ophiucos in feet and always has its master at the center. This attack automatically benefits from „Target Choice”. It's damage is 10 + Ophiucos' quality bonus and imposes a -50 to the targets defenses, unless a supernatural shield is used to defend. The cost of the attack is 5 ki points for the first turn and one ki point less for each subsequent turn, to a minimum of 2 ki points per turn.

All of the advanced techniques described below require Shattered Pride to be in its Total Shatter state, unless noted otherwise.

Ophiucos' advanced techniques

The Sacrifice (Cost: 1 CP)

The user of Ophiucos' advanced techniques forever foregoes the ability to develop or use any sort of dominion technique and loses those he already developed. Consequently, any MK already spent on techniques, or on the ki ability Technique Imitation, or Improvised Combat Techniques will return to him. He also loses the ability to use Presence Extrusion, or any ki ability that has Presence Extrusion as a prerequisite with any weapon that is not part of Ophiucos. Finally, he gains the Disadvantage „Exclusive Weapon (Ophiucos)”.

As soon as the first advanced technique of Ophiucos is learned, a drastic change in how this Impossible Weapon works, occurs. Henceforth, Ophiucos uses it's own ki pool and regeneration time. Upon developting the Impossible Weapon, every user gets a special ki pool to fuel Ophiucos' abilities. This pool is equal to [the users base presence + the number of swords tied to Ophiucos] . When accumulation is necessary, only the characters natural accumulation is applicable, accumulation bought using DP is not.

This ki pool regenerates with a rate of 1 ki point every 10 minutes. Should Ophiucos overall quality be raised to +15, the regeneration is raised to 1 ki point every 5 minutes., +20: 1 every minute and +25: 1 every round.

Defensive Blades

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi, Defense Ability 250+

DP Cost: 20 MK Cost: 20

After rolling for the amount of attacks the user can unleash in a given round, he can make an additional number of defenses without penalty up to the result on the d10 roll. If the user of Defensive Blades is the first in terms of initiative, he can decide to sacrifice some or even all of the attacks he can make using Ophiucos to use them for defense later this round. Defensive Blades cannot trigger a counterattack. As with attacking, every use of Ophiucos costs 1 generic ki point.

If this technique is used with Ikazuchinotsurugi, each defense subtracts one point from the d10 result and, each attack subtracts two as normal, meaning the technique's user could make as many defenses as the number showing up on the die. To use Defensive Blades with Ikazuchinotsurugi he has to be inside the teleportation area. The teleport may not be tied the to a defense per se, so no automatic disengaging from combat, but the -60 penalty to swap defenses for one another can be ignored. Every penalty- free defense made using Ikazuchinotsurugi costs 2 ki points.

Defensive Blades: Mastery

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi, Defense Ability 300+, Defensive Blades

DP Cost: 30 MK Cost: 30

When using Defensive Blades, a master of this ability gets a bonus to defense equal to the number of +15 or higher weapons tied to Ophiucos. This bonus is capped at +50.

When he rolls d10, he treats a 1 and 2 as if he had rolled a 3 for the purpose of additional defenses he can make.

Furthermore, he can use Defensive Blades to initiate counterattacks, but each counterattack will cost him 1 additional ki point in addition to the cost of Defensive Blades.

Defensive Blades: Grandmastery

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi, Defense Ability 350+, Defensive Blades: Mastery

DP Cost: 50 MK Cost: 50

A grandmaster of Defensive Blades reduces its final cost by half (round up).

A use of Defensive Blades that results in a counterattack produces a conterattack bonus equal to the number of +15 or higher weapons tied to Ophiucos. This bonus is capped at +50.

The grandmaster also gets the ability to avoid the perils of continued assaults against himself. After the additional defenses of Defensive Blades have expired, he can force Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi to exceed its limits, giving him unlimited defenses. Every penalty- free defense made in this manner costs 2 ki points which count as sacrificed and return at a rate of 1/10 of maximum ki points/day.

Absolute Liberation: Mastery

Requirements: Ophiucos, Attack Ability 300+,

DP Cost: 30 MK Cost: 40

Using Absolute Liberation, Ophiucos' master gets a bonus to attack equal to [the number of +15 or higher] weapons tied to Ophiucos. This bonus is capped at +50.

When he uses Absolute Liberation, he treats a 1 and 2 on the d10 roll, as if he had rolled a 3.

Absolute Liberation: Grandmastery

Requirements: Ophiucos, Absolute Liberation: Mastery, Attack Ability 350+

A grandmaster of Absolute Liberation reduces its final cost by half (round up).

Also, when using Absolute Liberation, the grandmaster of Ophiucos has the option to give his attacks the „Continuous Attack” advantage and multiply their base damage by 2. Doing so increases the cost of Ophiucos to 5 ki points per attack. Those attacks are not affected by the cost reduction. Ki points spent in this manner count as sacrificed and return at a rate of 1/10 of maximum ki points/day.

Sphere of Blades

Requirements: Shattered Pride, Defense Ability 275+

For 10 general ki points per turn, Shattered Pride manifests as a sphere of blade shards around it's master, moving so fast they're barely visible unless they reflect light, protecting the user from harm. Add the quality of your ten most powerful swords together and muliply the result by 10 to determine the strength of the shield created. Each round the shield regenerates life points equal to the sum of the quality of those ten weapons. Should the shield be destroyed, it can not be recreated for the rest of the encounter.

Sphere of Blades: Mastery

Requirements: Shattered Pride, Defense Ability 300+, Sphere of Blades

While maintaining Sphere of Blades, the master gains a bonus to his defense equal to the swords tied to Shattered Pride that are +15 or higher. This bonus cannot exceed +50.

While Sphere of Blades is active, everyone who attacks its user with a melee attack suffers an attack of Ophiucos with a final attack value equal to Ophiucos' final defense value. The damage equals 10 + Ophiucos' quality bonus.

The master of Sphere of Blades can recreate a destroyed shield, doing so requires him to spend (not sacrifice) half his total ki points, though no accumulation is necessary.

Sphere of Blades: Grandmastery

Requirements: Shattered Pride, Defense Ability 350+, Sphere of Blades: Mastery

Grandmastery of Sphere of Blades reduces its cost to 5 ki points every turn.

The shield's strength, regenerative abilities and defensive bonuses can also be multiplied, but this multiplies the costs to maintain it by an equal amount. Any ki points spent to augment the shield's bonuses are considered sacrificed. The maximum multiplier to the shields is 4 and you can only multiply the shield's bonuses by 1 for every ten swords beyond ten that are tied to Shattered Pride.

Finally, should an attack overcome or destroy the shield, Shattered Pride's master can saccrifice half his maximum ki points to suffer no damage from that attack. Ki ponts sacrificed in this manner return at a rate of 1/10 of maximum ki points/day.

Flash Draw: Accumulation

Requirements: Ikazuchinotsurugi, Attack Ability 300+, Yuuse Battojutsu

The bonuses that the Yuuse Battojutsu Ars Magnus confers must normally be accumulated over multiple turns. This ability allows its user to to replace the concentration time. Each attack rolled on the d10/2 roll beyond 1 produces 1 turn worth of concentration, with a ki point cost equal to the number of attacks converted into bonuses. This technique can benefit from the bonus of Flash Draw: Mastery and Flash Draw: Grandmastery.

This ability can be used while Dome of Slaughter is active.

Flash Draw: Mastery

Requirements: Ikazuchinotsurugi, Attack Ability 300+

The master gains an attack bonus to Flash Draw equal to [the number of swords tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi that are +15 or higher]. This bonus cannot exceed +50.

When using Flash Draw, he treats a 1, 2 and 3 on the d10 roll, as if he had rolled a 4.

He also increases the radius of Flash Draw to 5 ft. for each sword tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi.

Flash Draw: Grandmastery

Requirements: Ikazuchinotsurugi, Flash Draw: Mastery, Attack Ability 350+

A grandmaster of Flash Draw reduces its final cost by half (round up).

At the start of each turn, when he rolls d10, he has the option to increase his initiative by an amount equal to [the number of swords tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi x2]. This bonus cannot exceed +200 and requires the grandmaster to sacrifice 10 ki points each turn. Every turn this initiative bonus is active, the grandmaster can supercharge Flash Draw. A supercharged attack gets a maneuver bonus equal to [the number of swords tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi] and reduces AT by an amount equal to [the number of swords tied to Ikazuchinotsurugi/10] Each supercharged attack requires him to sacrifice 5 ki points. Neither the initiative bonus nor the supercharge ability are affected by the cost reduction of this ability.

Dome of Slaughter

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi or Shattered Pride, Attack Ability 300+

A distant cousin of Sphere of Blades, Dome of Slaughter makes some or all of the swords tied to Ophiucos (the number is chosen by the master) visible and rotates them around it's master in a sphere. The term „Dome“ merely refers to the technique's shape if it's user is standing on solid ground.

As long as Dome of Slaugther is active, Ophiucos' user cannot benefit from Absolute Liberation, Defensive Blades, Area Liberation, or any technique having those as a prerequisite. The Dome moves with the same speed as Ophiucos' master and the master is always considered to be the dome's center. The dome has a maximum radius equal to the number of swords in the users possession in feet. Being inside the user's dome radius while the dome is being created is harmless, but moving in or out of the dome triggers an automatic attack with a final value equal to the users attack value, unless the trespasser succeeds on an Acrobatics check against the same value. Should the master's movement trigger such a trespassing, it is harmless. The master of this technique can also decide to let targets get into or out of the dome without harming them. A given target can only be harmed by trespassing once per encounter.

The master of this ability can use an empowered version of the Limited Use ability while the technique is active. It gives any of the weapons thus used an attack, damage and critical comfirmation bonus equal to the number of swords used for Dome of Slaughter. The maximum bonus one can gain through this technique is +50 for each stat.

Using Dome of Slaughter drains it's user of 5 ki points each turn its user actively or passively initiates an attack, or multiple attacks, using Ophiucos or its variants.

Sould you use one of Ophiucos' variants, the differences are:

If this technique is used with the Ikazuchinotsurugi variant of Ophiucos, its user cannot benefit from Flash Draw, Defensive Blades or any technique having those as a prerequisite. The technique's master gains no critical confirmation bonus, but an equally high initiative bonus.

If this technique is used with the Ophiucos variant Shattered Pride, its user cannot benefit from Single Shatter, Total Shatter, Area Liberation, Sphere of Blades or any technique having those as a prerequisite. Shattered Pride is transformed by the activation of Dome of Slaughter creating blades from the broken shards. Blades created by Dome of Slaughter can technically be affected by breakage, but that does not reduce their quality, as they are compsed of blade shards. Broken weapons simply „shatter” and can instantly be replaced by new ones, without anly loss of quality on the behalf of Ophiucos.

Dome of Slaughter: Collapsing Massacre

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi or Shattered Pride, Attack Ability 350+, Dome of Slaughter

DP Cost: 40 MK Cost: 40

Instead of just ending the Dome of Slaughter, a master of Ophiucos can command it to collapse on a single opponent. This attack counts as if it's user had rolled a 10 on his roll for how many attacks can hit an opponent in a given round using Absolute Liberation, Flash Draw, or Total Shatter. Those attacks get no bonuses from Blade Grandmastery, instead they get the same bonuses Dome of Slaughter confers to the Limited Use ability. Successfully defending against Collapsing Massacre cannot initiate a counterattack, unless it is reach based. This attack drains it's user of 40 ki points and is only usable once every encounter.

Sould you use one of Ophiucos' variants, the differences are:

If this technique is used with the Ikazuchinotsurugi variant of Ophiucos, the target is assaulted by 5 swords and the bonuses derived from Dome of Slaughter are doubled.

If this technique is used with the Shattered Pride variant of Ophiucos, it produces as many attacks as Shattered Pride can in it's Total Shatter state and reduces the targets defenses against the attack by 50 points. After the attack is resolved, Shattered Pride returns to the Total Shatter state.

Area Liberation Mastery

Requirements: Ophiucos or Shattered Pride, Attack Ability 275+

DP Cost: 20 MK Cost: 40

Ophiucos unleashes an area attack originating from its master. This attack has the advantage Target Choice. The maximum radius of this attack (the wielder of Ophiucos can choose how many swords will participate in the attack) is the number of swords in the masters conrol x5 in feet and the cost for the attack is the number of swords used to make the attack /5, with a minimum cost of 5 ki points.

If this technique is used with the Shattered Pride variant of Ophiucos, the cost of the attack is halved, though it cannot go below 5.

Ancestral Warblades

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi, Blood of Kami: Lord of War, Azrael Elan: 20+

The legacy gains the ability to energize Ophiucos as a whole, not just a single weapon. This can trigger other bonuses of Ophiucos that are derived from quality. Using one's ancestral blood in this way raises the cost of energizing to 5 ki points each turn and the cost is deducted from Ophiucos' ki pool instead. Final Attack's requirements cannot be met in this way.

Ancient Warblades

Requirements: Ancestral Warblades, Absolute Liberation: Grandmastery or Flash Draw: Grandmastery, Azrael Elan: 50+, at least 10 swords tied to Ophiucos must be of +20 quality or better.

Rumored to be one of the greatest gifts of Azrael, the queen of swords, this ability is only available to her greatest followers.

The Legacy can sacrifice half his ki pool to infuse his blades with divine wrath. This effect lasts for 20 rounds. While in this, state the legacy's bound weapons are considered to be energized, which may trigger additional bonuses, they count as indestructable +25 weapons and can damage and potentially kill any being, as if the Legacy's gnosis was 20 points higher than it actually is. Ki points sacrificed in this manner return at a rate of 1/10 of maximum ki points/day.

Final Attack

Requirements: Ophiucos or Ikazuchinotsurugi or Shattered Pride, Attack Ability 400+, Defense Ability 400+, at least 10 swords tied to Ophiucos must be of +20 quality or better.

Ophiucos' master must accumulate all his ki points, and is considered to have a full ki pool for this purpose only. He does not half his accumulation for performing any kind of action. All the swords in the wielders possession form together, resulting in a +25 quality weapon. Ophiucos' master also gains +50 attack, defense, +100 initiative, +50 base damage, damage on the energy and cut table (better counts in question). Furthermore the weapon is unbreakable.

In this state, no other technique of Ophiucos can be unleashed.

At the end of every round this technique is active, the user's maximum ki pool drops by half, rounding down (10, 5, 2, 1, 0). This does not reduce ki points directly, but one can never have more ki points than his/her ki pool. Ophiucos' wielder can end the technique at any time, and if his maximum ki pool reaches zero, the technique ends aswell. The characters ki pool is considered sacrificed and returns at a rate of 1/10 of his/her maximum ki points/day.

At any point during wich this technique is active, Ophiucos' master can make one attack with a +200 bonus (instead of the +50 bonus) that ignores armor. This attack ends the technique and leaves the user with a maximum ki pool of 0 (see above).