Jump and Fast

By ktj1138, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Waiting on clarification from FFG, but here is the dilema:

Can the Mickey do the following:

Move + Fast + Jump as 1 action

Then Move or Attack for the second action.

Basically, does the Fast action apply to units while Jumping, or does it have to be while the unit is on the ground?

You can do all that, all fast does is to just add one move square to one of your actions and jump is a move action.

Indeed, there's little doubt there and no reason to wait around for FFG's answer. Jump simply lets you ignore obstacles while moving and Fast gives you an extra move. No reason why you can't combine them and Move+Jump+Fast in a single action.

Interesting, since Jump basically allows you to ignore a "jumpable" obstacle while making a regular move (well, double Move since jumping something takes up both MOVE actions for a non-Fast Move 1 unit), if we apply Fast to it, then it would be MOVE+Fast to get the two squares of movement to Jump. Which means a Fast walker with Jump could do the Jump with MOVE+Fast and then Shoot (or Move again).

Exactly. That's why Mickey is such a great unit. It's the only allied walker that can really take full advantage of its Jump skill.

That's what I was thinking, but good to verify with fellow gamers. Thanks all!

When can fast be used in the series of movement?

Would fast allow a walker to jump over two obstacles and land, or would it have to do a Move Move to jump and then be able to move one more square on the ground?

The reason why I ask is because the rules state the walker must use a move move to jump.

I think that's only because the walkers up to day only have 1 movement, so a walker would have to use both movements to jump successfully. However, since the fast adds 1 to the Mickey's movement, the jump+fast can be done since it is still clearing 2 spaces. So if there was a tank trap in one square, a squad in the next, the Mickey should be able to clear both if it does a move+fast+move, or move+move+fast. Just as long as the Mickey has a place to land after moving those 3 spaces.

Agreed. All Jump does is to allow the unit to ignore obstacles during movement, nothing else.