Macharian Handbook: An Acolyte's Guide to the Galaxy of Guns

By MalikCarr, in Dark Heresy House Rules

One thing that I found out today were I was looking at the armour section once again, shock field generators are missing a price

Bah. When you work on such an expansive piece without having another person serving as an editor to check for that sort of thing all sorts of embarrassing little bits like that tend to show up later...

Hey Malik, really appreciate your work on these two publications, but can you, If at all possible, make a version allowing for comments within the PDF? I really want to use it for my group, but I'd have to make a few adjustments due to house rules... thanks in advance for any reply :)

...you want to house-rule my house-rules? <_<

Hey Malik, really appreciate your work on these two publications, but can you, If at all possible, make a version allowing for comments within the PDF? I really want to use it for my group, but I'd have to make a few adjustments due to house rules... thanks in advance for any reply :)

...you want to house-rule my house-rules? <_<

Aye, a few tweaks to weapons and weapon special qualities here and there, bit of fiddling with the prices, along with the addition of a system to further diversify Melee-weapons by their length, meaning all Melee-weapons will get a new special quality. Gist of the system is, someone with a longer weapon will be able to keep someone with a shorter weapon at distance, severely impairing his opponents chances of striking successfully... makes melee a bit more complicated, but since it diversifies weapons further (why would you otherwise use a spear over a sword?) it's a trade-off I'll be willing to make. Gonna write a mock-up later.

This is one of the best things that I have ever seen for the games! Even if I do wonder why Garrotte is an exotic weapon of all things, I mean... The use of a length of wire to strangle someone, should not be that exotic after all, or maybe have I missed something.

If you ever make a list for psykers and their powers as well do you simply have to post a link to a paypal or something so I can throw some money after you!

Ever tried to use a Garrote in combat ? Imagine trying to fight with a string between your two hands, basically tying them together.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can guarantee that it wouldn't be easy.

Using a Garrote outside of combat is doing what you describe - using a length of wire to strangle someone. That's be a Sleight of Hand, Move Silently, Concealment or Grapple Check with a big bonus from the Garrote, not an actual attack action, I'd say.

This is one of the best things that I have ever seen for the games! Even if I do wonder why Garrotte is an exotic weapon of all things, I mean... The use of a length of wire to strangle someone, should not be that exotic after all, or maybe have I missed something.

If you ever make a list for psykers and their powers as well do you simply have to post a link to a paypal or something so I can throw some money after you!

Ever tried to use a Garrote in combat ? Imagine trying to fight with a string between your two hands, basically tying them together.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can guarantee that it wouldn't be easy.

Using a Garrote outside of combat is doing what you describe - using a length of wire to strangle someone. That's be a Sleight of Hand, Move Silently, Concealment or Grapple Check with a big bonus from the Garrote, not an actual attack action, I'd say.

What this guy said. Strangling someone with a garrotte isn't rocket science, but doing it when they're aware of your threat, or worse, actually armed and capable of defending themselves, is nigh impossible. Being able to snare and strangle someone with a garrotte in a combat situation would be a spectacular feat, this why it requires a special talent *and* is **** hard to pull off unless you have a high Weapon Skill, *or* the target is unaware of your presence and you get the regular huge bonus to offset the penalty you take.

Sorry but I would love to get my Mechadendrites all over Tools of the Trade v1.2 but as I follow the link it shows as requiring permission.

Is the version 1.2 not out yet or is it some other issue?

I hope it was not deleted. It would be Tech-Heresy!

Amazing! Does this contain all of the stuff from Rogue Trader books?

Does anyone know which book the arc welder is from?

Sorry but I would love to get my Mechadendrites all over Tools of the Trade v1.2 but as I follow the link it shows as requiring permission.

I found the Macharian Handbook: Tools of the Trade! The link I found said it's version 1.0, but it doesn't say the version, so he could have merged the other one into this link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B37Q13-186-bSTFKQWx2Xy02Tms/edit

Edited by Utherix

Does anyone know which book the arc welder is from?

The Lathe Worlds, p.62.

I found the Macharian Handbook: Tools of the Trade! The link I found said it's version 1.0, but it doesn't say the version, so he could have merged the other one into this link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B37Q13-186-bSTFKQWx2Xy02Tms/edit

Odd, I apparently didn't set the v1.2 as sharable with the link. It's been fixed now!

In the Tool of Trades supplement there is Exoskeletal Augmetics, can anyone tell me where it is from.

Because I saw it in here as even 3.0kg I thought I ask, and now I will post the info
On Sep 8, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Angel of Death wrote:

Rule Question:
From the Inquisitor handbook:

The Combat Knife on page 180 wgt is 0.8kg on the master chart on page 254 the wgt is 3.0kg.

Which is correct?

Hi there! I'd go with the .8kg from the chart for that section. Hope this helps and thanks for playing!

Tim Huckelbery
RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

In the Tool of Trades supplement there is Exoskeletal Augmetics, can anyone tell me where it is from.

I would also like to know, I've been skimming through most of the Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader stuff but I can't seem to find it. It's an interesting item, it'd be nice to know if it's official or homemade.

Awesome work on the handbooks by the way, total life savers.