Hello Again!

By tamsyn, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

That was a bit weird this morning when I logged on, finding all this newness.

Guess people get a chance to change their names - but not me! I'm glad I hit 500 posts on the other boards before this came up.

Can I get a shout out from all other migrators?

Hi Tamsyn,

Glad you found your way to the new forum. I'm sure the regulars will make their way over here soon enough.

I've been having some fun exploring the new site with all it's crunchy goodness.

Hi!!! lengua.gif

Hola. I don't mind the change, only had a couple of posts anyways.

hey tamsyn...welcome...old forums are still online 2 weeks though :P

that maybe so but you must embrace the change!

::gnashes teeth::

At least now I can keep bugging people with my signature gui%C3%B1o.gif !

I guess we do, but so far I think the site is pretty unattractive and unmanuverable.

Tamsyn, I'll miss your old avatar and your old quote. One day you commemorate your 500th post, the next day the forum is brought down. Kind of a shame. Maybe a little too coincidental?! Anyway, it is good to see you and so many others posting here.

I feel your pain. I just hit the 1,000 mark. Better get started on this one. Start asking rule questions people!

I had 600... again! This wasn't the first "tabula rasa" event

Well just console yourself with all the points you will earn on the next 500 posts you make...am I right, eh? gran_risa.gif

I am also digging the little flash intro for the games. I never envisioned selling them like a movie or video game, but then again that might be why I am not on the marketing team now isn't it?

johnwatersfan said:

I guess we do, but so far I think the site is pretty unattractive and unmanuverable.

Sadly, this is the case.

-Frank

Hello again happy.gif

Hello tamsyn! Hello all.

The new site is pretty, but not entirely practical. I have to turn off the speakers when I go to the Arkham section. The forum message editor is like a word processor...does forum code even work? I rather enjoy controlling my bolds and italics with square brackets.

Note the sheer space occupied by even the smallest post contributions. Scrolling down a few entries is like waiting for an elevator to descend.

I'm sure that the site will get more user-friendly after its initial weeks, but as it stands I'm still experiencing adjustment issues.

Here's what it looks like when you use forum code and :

Bold? <b>html version</b>

Italics <i>html version</i>

Underline <u>html version</u>

Strikethrough

This is a quote
This is an attributed quote

Certainly makes it more difficult to compose offline in your own word processor and then upload. That will make maintenance of card lists and such pretty difficult by the old methods.

On the plus side: You can now copy/paste things from word processors that are already in bold or italics or whatever, and it carries.

La rger words can be done .

I keep clicking on people's names to get to the last message and getting their profiles. duh.

Does anyone also have some other language on certain buttons (like going to the last message?)

I do worry that the board was scrapped after my 500th message. Maybe they decided that was as good as it could get :)

New site is awesome, I hope old forums will be translated into new shell. BTW, We played today LEague Scenario #3 :Feeding Time" and were smacked by Tragothua's tongue. Despite this once again we reflected, that Arkham horro is awesome game :)

bioball said:

I am also digging the little flash intro for the games. I never envisioned selling them like a movie or video game, but then again that might be why I am not on the marketing team now isn't it?

And they're doing it right!

a) Don't use a flash intro as the ONLY thing on the page.

b) Use a new technology when your viewers have the means to view it.

Oh, wait. There's no way to turn the sound off within the flash-vert. Eh, 2 out of 3 ain't bad... (:

I am both annoyed and excited about the new site

I think i will judge the site when its gotten a bit older

Ha-ha!

AngelusNoir, the oft-unseen, is late to the party!

Also, I am now a vacuous squid of some kind.

Heya all,

I think this new forum looks much better...
To bad we can't have a custom avatar though, becouse I recognised everyone through there avatar mostly lengua.gif

Yeh i used to recognise people through their avatars more.

Oh, well i will just have to learn to read gran_risa.gif

Well, I'm decidedly not happy about the move. I hate flash animations with a passion.

And apart from the new shiny look I see only disadvantages.

What's wrong with a lean, functional interface? This board is currently missing pretty much everything I've come to expect from a board.

Granted, the old one didn't have all of the features I'd like it to have but this one is just plain terrible. enfadado.gif