New big box expansion in the works

By Hellfury, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

From Laurent Pouchain's blog

Sadly in french but it basically says that new advanced rules for tracking experience points, new models, equipment cards, campaign mode and new missions are in store.

Hopefully this expansion addresses what some people have been complaining about to make this game more successful.

Indeed.

20 models to be precise and... overall, doesn't this seem a lot like it's intended to be standalone?

HighHanded said:

Indeed.

20 models to be precise and... overall, doesn't this seem a lot like it's intended to be standalone?

Sounds like what happened with The Adventurers.

Hopefully it will be usable as both a standalone or an expansion.

Any more news on this expansion?

We have finally gotten our answer. They just released the first preview for the new expansion to City of Thieves. It's not what I expected, but it looks interesting enough to give it a try. I'm just happy that they haven't forgotten this game with all of the other expansions and games they have been working on lately.

Well I'm excited for it! I reckon I'll be picking this up at GenCon no doubt. happy.gif

this is excellent news, im really looking forward to this !!!

Does anyone know if the expansion boards will include the print your own expansions?

I'm all for the new expansion. This is a cool little game with a lot of flexibility.

I know that it will include some of the printable weapons/tool cards, but I don't think they are going to add the expansion map tiles. Unless, if they are on the back of the new board. That is kinda a long shot, but anything is possible.

Does anyone thing that later on they might add some more gangs of thieves??? I love the gangs they already have, but my group wants more options instead of getting stuck with the same ones.

The new gang models look good. Roll on 3rd quarter.

The sad part is that the preview for this game is on the loop on FFG's media center, and for months I've had to tell people it's waiting on an updated release. It can't come out soon enough, because not only do our customers want to play this game, but now I do as well.

I have a feeling that we will have to wait awhile to get this one. I just hope that it won't be the end of the 3Q for us to get it.

The previews over the past two weeks have made me really excited abput this one. I like the base game a lot for the quick, fun way it plays, but I feel the expansion is going to improve the game a lot, adding extra llayers while still maintaining the quick, easy to play character of the game.

I was not sure at first, but will definitely be getting it now.!