SHOOTING INTO BUILDINGS

By Marksman, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I bought Operation Seelowe but I think the rules about buildings miss something (or I didn't see what I would need to know).

The question is: if a unit is outside a building and adjacent to an exit, can shoot 2 or more squares away or can shoot just at the adjacent squares?

Let's look at page 12 in the rulebook: if the laser Grenadiers move 1 square forward (so they are outside but adjacent to the exit), can they shoot at the Recon Boys? I think they can (it seems logical: there aren't walls between the shooter and the target).

Thanks.

Marco Milani said:

I bought Operation Seelowe but I think the rules about buildings miss something (or I didn't see what I would need to know).

The question is: if a unit is outside a building and adjacent to an exit, can shoot 2 or more squares away or can shoot just at the adjacent squares?

Let's look at page 12 in the rulebook: if the laser Grenadiers move 1 square forward (so they are outside but adjacent to the exit), can they shoot at the Recon Boys? I think they can (it seems logical: there aren't walls between the shooter and the target).

Thanks.

In this particular respect, the rules are clear: Someone outside a building can only shoot at a target inside a building if the target is standing right next to the exit. It doesn't matter if the attacker is standing right by the door, he can only shoot one-square deep into the building.

In the example, the Laser Grenadiers would still not be able to shoot the Recon Boys.