NEW FAQ

By Stag Lord, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I would rule yes.

LaughingTree said:

So Riders on the Red Fork can still be searched by At the Gates out of any House yes?

The can be found anytime you search for something; I think they still work.

fhornmikey said:

The 4th Chapter Pack is not legal for Gencon.

Oh, OK. I got it.

fhornmikey said:

Is it overpowered or something?

Bomb said:

It's not released yet, but will be out (presumably) shortly before the event; and with the distribution of the chapter packs being occasionally uneven, I suppose they simply want to make sure everybody has the same time and material to prepare.

ktom said:

No, I got you. I was just taking things in a different direction. I noted that you (and others) were trying to prepare for the Gencon environment, and I didn't see anything wrong with that - because you were preparing for the environment . What I roll my eyes at is people who try to prepare for an individual card by arguing about how good, bad, broken, stupid, great, game-changing, or whatever it is before even trying to play with it in the environment that it will be released into.

I get the point, but there are cards that you can talk about and argue about good/bad/broken/etc. pretty easily no matter what the 'evnironment' is it is released into.

You know me and my taking logic way too far - if they released my usual 'cost 1 character, when comes into play you win the game' scenario. Is it fair that we can talk about that, argue about that? Obviously that would never happen, but there are PLENTY of cases where the boards knew of a card being a problem before it is tested in the current envionment (and, yes, cases in the opposite - such as MWNK although I don't remember the 'nuetrals are unplayable' conversation, just the 'that isn't a good direction for the game' conversation more).

But I certainly see the point - the sky is usually falling lengua.gif

Bomb said:

fhornmikey said:

Not too crazy, but people were worried about a Martell card that took the top four cards out of your discard pile (including another version of itself). I am sure Dobbs tested the heck out of hit, but I didn't. It did look problematic though.

I am with people who refuse to test cards until they are in my hands happy.gif

Saturnine said:

It's not released yet, but will be out (presumably) shortly before the event; and with the distribution of the chapter packs being occasionally uneven, I suppose they simply want to make sure everybody has the same time and material to prepare.

I apologize. I misunderstood what was meant by "4th chapter pack". I was thinking of Defenders of the North which to me didn't make sense to keep an entire chapter pack cycle out of anything.

Bomb said:

I apologize. I misunderstood what was meant by "4th chapter pack". I was thinking of Defenders of the North which to me didn't make sense to keep an entire chapter pack cycle out of anything.

Ah, I see. No, it was about the upcoming 4th chapter pack of the current cycle.