Petition for Updated Errata

By Aussie_Digger2, in Tide of Iron

KlausFritsch said:

The cost on the elite reinforcement card in the British reinforcement deck is incorrect. It should read 2 + X instead of just X. Otherwise, you get a British squad with four regualrs for 0 command points.

Is that in the current Errata?

I do agree that the card is strange indeed. And espesially strange is that you get four regulars for 0 command. However with 2+X gives you 6command cost for a full elite unit, and two elites would make 4. Both a bit harsh. So 1+X would be better I think. But even then, I dont see you choosing 4 elites unless you have tons of command which you cannot spend.

Absolutely! Agreed; updated official errata for TIDE OF IRON, including FURY OF THE BEAR, from FFG is long overdue...and for basic, authentic product/customer support.

As a long term supporter of TOI I am now starting to loose faith in the company. Surely by now they should have replied to this thread. The FOTB expansion has a lot of errors and I am dissappointed that it has been released without it seems, any proof reading and certainly a lack of playtesting.

Prelude To Breakout seems so one sided it could possibly be considered a newbee scenario where you show someone the basics of the game with them certainly winning to gain confidence. OK if this wasn't the third expansion, where all that was covered in the base game.

Unless FFG pull their finger out and get down to correcting all the mistakes I certainly won't be buying another expansion.

FFG please take a look at how GMT run their business, you could learn a lot from them.

One dissatisfied longterm customer.

dutchy124 said:

As a long term supporter of TOI I am now starting to loose faith in the company. Surely by now they should have replied to this thread. The FOTB expansion has a lot of errors and I am dissappointed that it has been released without it seems, any proof reading and certainly a lack of playtesting.

Prelude To Breakout seems so one sided it could possibly be considered a newbee scenario where you show someone the basics of the game with them certainly winning to gain confidence. OK if this wasn't the third expansion, where all that was covered in the base game.

Unless FFG pull their finger out and get down to correcting all the mistakes I certainly won't be buying another expansion.

FFG please take a look at how GMT run their business, you could learn a lot from them.

One dissatisfied longterm customer.

I am of the mind that the publised version of Prelude to breakout is not the version that the scenario designers made. As it seems to me that there are command objectives missing and the victory conditions are easily met by round 4. But again this should have been picked up in editing and play testing.

It isnt that hard to find mistakes in rules and sceanrio set ups. All you have to do is give the game to a number of people who didnt have a hand in the writing of the rules and sceanrios and see if they can understand and set up without any help. Same with play testing.

I have tried to gain an understanding from FFG with some of the rules as they seem defy logic (some of these go back to the base game, and havent been picked up in the errata that is already out) But I hae only been given the answer that they are unsure of the theory behindthem, this is coming from Rob Kouba who seems to have taken the rains of ToI now as he has done the last 2 expansions. This worries me alot!! when other designers of other games seem to include notes in the rules to why the rules are the way they are.

Sorry for necro-posting, but TOI really needs an updated errata sheet — particularly for Fury of The Bear. Show us some love FFG!

KlausFritsch said:

The cost on the elite reinforcement card in the British reinforcement deck is incorrect. It should read 2 + X instead of just X. Otherwise, you get a British squad with four regualrs for 0 command points.

Is that in the current Errata?

Not necessarily. Perhaps it is intended like that. If you want elites you have to pay for them, but the card will give you 4 REGULARS for free. None of the other cards will give you ELITE reinforcements and you can influence the cost yourself depending on how many elites you take. If you are willing to settle for regulars only, then you get a bargain…

Yes, an official Fury of the Bear errata is greatly needed! I'll repeat that… an official Fury of the Bear errata is greatly needed!

I signed up to this site just so I could sign this petition. Tide of Iron is a great game, but would undeniably benefit from updated errata.

I support this too

Signed!

… and signed again or else my post is too short to be published. complice

After finally getting an opportunity to buy Toi, I shelled out for DotF as well. Now I'm starting to see how little support FFG is providing. This is disappointing. I agree there needs to be updated errata and rules for all expansions as well as the base game. Please find a way within your budget to provide us with more support. Thank you.

Macdaley said:

After finally getting an opportunity to buy Toi, I shelled out for DotF as well. Now I'm starting to see how little support FFG is providing. This is disappointing. I agree there needs to be updated errata and rules for all expansions as well as the base game. Please find a way within your budget to provide us with more support. Thank you.

I couldn't agree more!

I support this lost cause for an updated errata for the base game and all expansions.

Suggested Changes:

1. Combined Fire Attack (limited by requiring one action/unit expenditure)

Combined Fire Attack is a type of attack conducted by 2 or more units combining fire on one enemy unit. The Combined Fire attack requires each unit that is part of the attack, to expend a concentrated attack action. One unit is designated as the lead unit, which will fire, using a concentrated attack action, with its full attack strength. Other units which participate, will expend one concentrated attack action per unit, and will halve their attack value (rounded up). The attack values of all the attacking units are then added together to form the Combined Fire Attack strength, which is represented by a single die roll of corresponding number of dice equal to that CF value.

2.Tranportation of squads and AT guns by Truck and Halftracks (Carriers).

Add Tranport Action to the reference sheets. Trucks/Halftracks may be assigned a Transport action.

Squads and AT guns may be transported by Carriers, by assigning a "Transport" action to the Truck or Halftrack, which will then expend movement points to load or unload a squad (and AT gun if attached). Carriers using the Transport action, may load, then move, or move, then load, after which, they are fatigued.

A Carrier expends 2 mps to load or unload a squad, and 1 additional movement point to tow light AT guns (57mm, 75mm) or 2 addtitional pts, to load heavy AT guns, or Artillery field guns , such as 88 Flak gun, 25pdr field gun, or 105mm howitzer

Halftracks may carry one squad, and tow one gun

Trucks may carry 2 squads and tow one gun

AT/Artillery guns may only be towed, if corresponding attached squad (crew) is also loaded. Essentially, an AT gun "unit" (gun + crew) requires 3mp expended by Carrier to load both the squad and tow the gun, or 4mp is the gun is a heavy gun (88 flak gun etc.)

When unloading a light AT gun unit, the unit may not move again on its own, but is placed in Opfire mode. The squad attached with AT gun, may only operate the AT gun and may not independly fire otherwise. If executing an Op fire attack, the squad and AT gun, ie. the AT gun "unit" is then fatigued.

When unloading a heavy AT gun unit (88 flak), the unit (both squad and gun) is fatigued.

When unloading other, non AT attached, squads, the squads may not move, but may assault an adjacent hex, or may conduct a fire/move attack, against an enemy unit in line of sight.

3. AT guns and Artillery guns as Equipment trait "units".

AT guns and Artillery are given the "Equipment" trait which means that these are weapons with an "attached" infantry squad (non mortar/mg) serving as the crew. The AT gun/Artillery gun, is then considered a "unit" comprised of 1 gun+ 1 squad.

Equipment trait icon should be added to the Reference sheets. For purpose of weapons effectiveness against "Equipment" trait units, the unit will be considered a non armored target. However, the AT gun or Artillery piece attached to the squad, has an armor value which can be added to the defensive die roll when the attached squad, (hence the AT gun unit) is attacked.

Hits on an AT gun/Artillery "unit" (gun+ squad), may be assigned, by the defensive player, as damage to the gun, or as casualites to the attached squad, or some combination of both. If the attached squad is destroyed, but the gun is not, the gun may then be captured, or destroyed , by an enemy infantry squad, moving into the same hex.

A squad attached with AT gun/Artillery remains as part of the "unit" comprised of gun +squad. The squad(crew) may be reinforced after taking casualties, by transfer from another regular infantry squad base, either adjacent to, or in the same hex as, the AT gun attached squad.

Other ideas:

Range modifications/to hit die rolls for 88 Flak gun

88 Flak gun Normal range 12, Hits on die roll of 4,5,6 Medium range (13-18) Hits on die roll of 5,6 Long range (19-24) Hits on 6

Trucks maybe captured, or destroyed, if unaccompanied by friendly combat unit (squad, halftrack, tank/SPG) by any enemy combat unit which moves into the hex. The enemy unit, may continue to move through the hex. Destroyed trucks are removed from the hex., while captured truck is replaced with a truck model from capturing players side, which may then be given an action, if desired, and moved away, in the same action phase. This rule prevents the tactic of trying to block hexes with trucks only.

Man from the Sac town says to update the errata!!

VolksCamper said:

Trucks maybe captured, or destroyed, if unaccompanied by friendly combat unit (squad, halftrack, tank/SPG) by any enemy combat unit which moves into the hex. The enemy unit, may continue to move through the hex. Destroyed trucks are removed from the hex., while captured truck is replaced with a truck model from capturing players side, which may then be given an action, if desired, and moved away, in the same action phase. This rule prevents the tactic of trying to block hexes with trucks only.

It's simplest to just treat trucks as equipment that doesn't require a squad to operate.

Up to date errata, is desirable!

yay !!!

So want an Errata/FAQ for this game and its supplements. However FFG do not seem to be interested, their silence on this matter is deafening:)

FFG could add rules for tranporting AT/Artillery guns, and trucks and Combined Fire modification with an Expansion pack to include some more pieces, like field guns, AA guns, some early war tanks and SPGs, armored cars maybe, and some model aircraft, or some simple AA gun vs aircraft attacks

A couple of additional types of infantry figures would be kind of cool, like a panzerfaust / bazooka figure, and a sniper figure ( kneeling position rifleman) maybe.

Might consider adding some constructable color printed/detailed cardboard 3d buildings, houses, low walls, bunkers, vertical tree/rocks. Something similar to the RuneWars expansion game board, to add a little more 3d effect.

Also : reprinted hedgerow boards, with hedges running along edges of hexes, instead of completely in the hex.

Also: edge printed entrenchment marker, and maybe a larger size improved position/ bunker gun implacement marker, which could have a partial vertical wall with slot to hold the gun sticking out, when placing an AT gun or Artillery piece on the marker., to add some 3d effect, and keep gun piece in place too.

Yup me wants it to :)

hi, i strongly support this thread. toi really needs a new faq, since there are so many typos in the last expansion, some of its scenarios are almost unplayabale. but i doubt we will see or hear about something new soon…

and a new "official" mission editor is greatly welcomed, by the way…

Actually I'm very hopeful we'll be hearing something official soon!

Why???

(this is just some random words to fill out the minimum length of a post)

Grand Stone said:

Why???

(this is just some random words to fill out the minimum length of a post)

Because I have reason to believe so. However, I'm not in a position to say anything more about it at this time. Suffice it to say that it should be good news.

Thats is great news in its self :D