Bonus characters for Broken Chains

By N0-1_H3r3, in Black Crusade

It is available already ? hm, i must have missed something

Given my LGS seems to have decided not to go with Free RPG day this year... I do hope it makes PDF soon. As this was the main thing I wanted to get there.

tkis said:

It is available already ? hm, i must have missed something

Your LGS should have received their Free RPG day containers, which includes the Broken Chains booklet (several copies per container, in fact), if they are participating. So, if you are running the demo, I would suggest heading over to your LGS and ask if you can read the adventure to prep for this weekend.

dammit you almost got me too skip work tomorow and go too the store too see if i can do that (stupid store a hour away from me )

Stormast said:

My bad, you can Aim before Melee-ing. Which is silly, but hey.

How so? It just means you take stock of where your target is and where you need to swing, rather than randomly hacking in his general direction. Just like aiming ranged weapons is stopping to aim properly, rather than blasting away from the hip.

Dulahan said:

Given my LGS seems to have decided not to go with Free RPG day this year... I do hope it makes PDF soon. As this was the main thing I wanted to get there.

FFG usually release it a week or two after Free RPG Day, so it'll be out soon, if they do the same again this time.

MILLANDSON said:

Stormast said:

My bad, you can Aim before Melee-ing. Which is silly, but hey.

How so? It just means you take stock of where your target is and where you need to swing, rather than randomly hacking in his general direction. Just like aiming ranged weapons is stopping to aim properly, rather than blasting away from the hip.

Thing is, "blasting from the hip" sounds like "hip shooting" to me, which is not the same as just doing a standard attack. Aiming from range effectively means you stop right where you are to aim at the persone you want to shoot, whereas aiming in melee is a bit less legit to me: you can't really stop and study the guy in front of you, since you are, like, in melee. Of course, it's all game mechanics, so I don't really care about that, but "aiming" is definitely something you don't do too much in melee...And in melee, what's hard is not swining to the opponent (if you miss a standing opponent you must be quite blind!), but avoiding his hits and hitting him when he tries to dodge/parry your hit.

But that's a vrey minor point, and one that is highly understandable, game play speaking, I'll give you that, no problem ;)

I understand melee aiming as waiting for the right moment to spot a weak deffense and attack there.

Lord Ork said:

I understand melee aiming as waiting for the right moment to spot a weak deffense and attack there.

This, basically. You can just hack at first opening you see, or you can take a moment to adjust your pacing and position yourself better. And no, this doesn't involve standing still in front of the guy trying to cut your face off.

Morangias said:

Lord Ork said:

This, basically. You can just hack at first opening you see, or you can take a moment to adjust your pacing and position yourself better. And no, this doesn't involve standing still in front of the guy trying to cut your face off.

Sounds like a pretty good explanation for "aiming" in melee to me! gran_risa.gif