4e Style Power Cards for Solo/Squad Mode (more coming soon!)

By Durandal7, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Well...

Both the players and I got tired of constantly having to look up Squad and Solo Mode abilities as it slowed down the game so much. The result being either the players didn't bother to use them or didn't know they existed at all. Solution, 4e style power cards! Quick, simple and easy to use! Two days ago I was pointed towards a third party Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition power card creation tool ( 4e Power Toolkit for those interested) as I play a fair amount of 4e aswell. I decided that since it was such an easily manipulated tool that I could butcher it and jury-rig it for my own twisted use!

So here we are.

v1.0 Solo and Squad Mode Power cards

Contents are as follows:

+++ v1.0 +++ 9/6/11 +++

• All Solo Mode abilities including Chapter specific Solo Mode abilities.
  • All but custom chapter Squad Mode abilities.
  • Inline with 1.1 Eratta
  • Powers are arranged in alphabetical order

Solo Mode Cards

Squad Mode Cards

+++Please only trust the links from posts by myself, links from other posts (naturally) have no control over+++

Please point out spelling mistakes, errors etc and I will correct and upload as soon as possible.

Psychic powers are next on the list and I know the powers are somewhat messily arranged on each page but it's just a quick job after finishing them all. I was eager to publish to the forums. If anyone has better notions or what not then go right ahead and prod me on the forums I don't know if private messaging is possible, if it isn't I shall sacrifice my email address by publishing it for the greater good :P

All feedback is good feedback!

-Durandal

Ooooh, this is going to be useful :)

Both links seems to lead to squadmode abilities. They look very good though.

The re-roll of Fellowship tests is missing off the UM Favoured Son card. Otherwise.... cool. I'd use them if the thought of anything vaguely 4e on my table didn't sent me into spasms! gran_risa.gif

Thanks for letting me know Siranui, I'll get that fixed asap.

I'm also going to organize the squad mode abilities into Attacking and Defensive powers to make it easier to work out what is what. I should have done that initially.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of 4e either. I only play it because it's what the group wants to play most of the time. Still...I think this is a beneficial thing to be doing for the community. Of that I am certain :)

-Durandal

These will definitely be showing up at my gaming table. Many thanks!

Hearing that people have started using this makes me feel happeh :)

v1.1 Solo and Squad Mode Power cards

Updates are as follows:

+++ v1.1 +++ 10/6/11 +++

• Added line 'The Battle-Brother may re-roll any Felloship Test when dealing with either Space Marines or members of the Imperial armed forces' to Solo Mode Ability Favoured Son.
  • Re-organized both Solo Mode and Squad Mode abilities into appropriate subsections.

Solo Mode

Squad Mode

-Durandal

EDIT: Forgot to add the Imperial Fists abilties..whoopsy..fixed now!

Durandal7 said:

I think this is a beneficial thing to be doing for the community. Of that I am certain :)

Certainly! /thumbs-up.

Started work on the Psyker powers last night.

Good grief.

It's hard to cut down on the text in the Telepathy/Divination powers...Some are so specific you really have to include every word. But hey, they'll be really useful in the end!

OK

So I've got all the Codex psyker powers sorted out along with the Blood and Dark Angels powers.

Should have the rest done and uploaded in a few days!

Dude, this is outstanding.

Thanks for the compliment Baradiel :)

AHA! So I said a few days for the rest of the Psyker powers...

I LIED!

I knuckled down and blazed through every single one!

Psyker Powers Power Cards

And for a friendly reminder and organization:

Solo Mode Power Cards

Squad Mode Power Cards

As with all things, if there are errors, please don't hesitate to let me know, I can't fix what I don't know is broken. If anyone has any ideas for improving the layout or whatever, again, scream and shout at me. I'm personally not happy with how they're laid out (it's messy) but I wanted to push them out quickly for use.

-Durandal

Yeah but do you have this ? cool.gif

7f5ebf79.png

Just a friendly tease...

Alex

Nice.

Since I've gotten the solo/squad and psyker abilities/powers done. I'm rather thinking of doing all the Requisition Assets from RoB.

That is, if people want me to :)

Hey man, you are on a roll, go for it.

Thanks the psychic power cards are going to help me keep track of all my players.

This is really great, and the Requisition Cards would be incredibly awesome!

I had originally intended to make all this through "Artscow", but that would also take a while, and cost a bit. So I prefer to use your cards :)

Thanks guys :)

I am going to be doing the req cards but won't be able to start till next weekish as I'm away to sunny inverness tomorrow morning with the Missus for a few days.

It's really nice to see that people are using them! And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Tell me about mistakes! I think I spotted one in the Solo-Mode cards....

-Durandal

Amazing stuff!!!Thank you so much!

Hy - this is the best Support i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

But - please - can you alsow make Cards for the new Modes from Rites of Battle and First Founding - Please :-)

Thanks

Greetings from Germany

Mark

Hy - this is the best Support i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

But - please - can you alsow make Cards for the new Modes from Rites of Battle and First Founding - Please :-)

Thanks

Greetings from Germany

Mark

Cards from Honour the Chapter would be helpful as well!

Nice work!

It would be awesome, but this post is 2 years past. I wonder if the original poster even browses this website anymore.

It would be awesome, but this post is 2 years past. I wonder if the original poster even browses this website anymore.

I checked and hes posted recently, I might PM him the information from the rulebook regarding the other powers.

Also nice to know theres a fellow Pearl Drumset owner on here!