Possible new version of the Cadwallon RPG?

By mylastnerv, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Since I first saw this game I've been in love with the artwork. I never was huge into Confrontation (only looking at the minis on the shelf from time to time), but never knew it was the same setting. I also never knew it had an RPG already made. From what I've read though the RPG is very dependent on the miniatures from Confrontation to play effectively.

Wouldn't it be awesome if FFG did a new version of the RPG? Get on it guys.

Ive been hoping for the same thing ever since i started playing CoT, I ordered the confrontation starter off ebay haven't had time to sit down and try it yet but looks fun, Worgen Vs. Griffon (Knights). From what they've posted on BoardGameGeek they said the english translation of cadwallon was just about unplayable but the french seemed to love it.

That would be great! The first version was a bit messy, but the universe of Cadwallon is awesome!

can someone tell me what you guys are talking about? i would like to know more abou this 'confrontation'...is this a game that is part of the city of thieves? thanks for your explanations!

All of these games take place in the world of Aarklash and/or the city of Cadwallon:

Confrontation was the original skirmish scale miniatures game published by Rackham which were metal.

Confrontation Age of Rag'narok was the pre-painted plastic miniatures game that was army scale and was not very well received. It was published after Rackham was acquired and became Rackham Entertainment.

Cadwallon RPG was a tactical role playing game that was pubished by Rackham in French and English. It had a hefty players handbook that was hardback. The only English language supplement was Secrets Volume 1. Volume 2 was published in French only. Volume 3 was written, but none of the writers got paid, same thing with the large Adventure that was written, it is still unpublished. It also had a gm screen and several tile board sets. It heavily featured the miniatures from confrontation and had its own line as well.

Hybrid and its supplement Nemesis were tactical board games which used the miniatures and took place in the laboratories of the Scorpion.

I was doing some digging and found this.....

"I talked a little with CoolMiniOrNOt and I was told that an RPG based on the Confrontation world is being planned for release in 2013. Not by CMON.

posted by Darkenlite"

This was posted at-43.understairs.nl/forum/viewtopic.php

I seemed to remember someone saying that it was licensed out to someone already....I just can't remember the company....

I'm completely with you mate :)

I somehow missed the Cadwallon RPG (and Confrontation) being in a Warhammer 40K RPG and tabletop phase.

Come on FFG, they're about to start remaking the Confrontation figures, surely you can wangle the Cadwallon RPG :)

I would definitely be in the market for a Cadwallon RPG, or at least some additional supplements for City of Thieves. I own the Cadwallon Player's Handbook and would love to see that game expanded.

I think it would have been absolutely AWESOME if FFG used their experience and re-did Cadwallon RPG and even more so Hybrid (with Nemesis). They have the know-how and they have the license. They only need a good translator and they've won.

I know that if FFG came out with a new RPG that I for sure would pick it up. They seem to be on fire with a lot of their RPGs, so this would be a wonderful step for them to take.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I think many of the mechanics FFG designed for WHFR3 would fit perfectly in the city of thieves: group sheets for the leagues, nemesis NPCs and organization sheets for the guilds and any other faction, cards for the distinctive features (double-sided, too, to differenciate the specials abilities with an obligation from the feats without them), the tracker used for the threat level, location cards for the different parts of the city (as already specified in the PHB of Cadwallon)…

If FFG does do it, I hope it does not use the current WFRP engine. It did not work for my group… Fell flat. Maybe as a setting for Savage Worlds?