Custom content central page?

By Sdrolion, in Fan Creations

Just wondering...would people consider it helpful to have a central resource page for custom content? I have a website (not a free one, so there's lots of space on it) and would be willing to set up a simple page of some kind for it if people wanted it.

I figure the easiest thing would probably be to just set up something where people could give me links to their custom content storage locations (like their Photobucket sites as done in the signatures) and I could put those links on the page. That's less editing work for me than putting each actual file on the page, but still gives us a central location.

(Alternately, a custom content links page might be a good thing for the Arkham Horror wiki, I guess. Or, heck, just a stickied forum topic "custom content sources" or something?)

I just think it'd be nice to have a central site that people know they can go to for the links to custom content, instead of having to browse the forums and find the signatures of the people who work with it. ^_^

Sdrolion said:

Just wondering...would people consider it helpful to have a central resource page for custom content? I have a website (not a free one, so there's lots of space on it) and would be willing to set up a simple page of some kind for it if people wanted it.

I figure the easiest thing would probably be to just set up something where people could give me links to their custom content storage locations (like their Photobucket sites as done in the signatures) and I could put those links on the page. That's less editing work for me than putting each actual file on the page, but still gives us a central location.

(Alternately, a custom content links page might be a good thing for the Arkham Horror wiki, I guess. Or, heck, just a stickied forum topic "custom content sources" or something?)

I just think it'd be nice to have a central site that people know they can go to for the links to custom content, instead of having to browse the forums and find the signatures of the people who work with it. ^_^

No, it'd be a *great* thing to have on the wiki, but I'm not sure who the people running it are, and we'd need to create a new section there. If you wanted to try and get ahold of them, that'd be a wonderful project, and one that's *long* overdue.

I'm with Avi. The best thing would be having all the custom material hosted on the wiki. For many reasons, one of those having a great facility for people to access the content (not all AH fans write on this forum, or could have the chance to see your links). But you're offer is very generous, indeed.

All right. I'll get on seeing if the admins will let a custom section of some sort be added to the wiki.

PS: This actually being the first forum I've put any real time into...how do you request that a topic be made sticky? I imagine it's been tried with the various Custom topics, but...

Sdrolion said:

All right. I'll get on seeing if the admins will let a custom section of some sort be added to the wiki.

PS: This actually being the first forum I've put any real time into...how do you request that a topic be made sticky? I imagine it's been tried with the various Custom topics, but...

This forum is kinda special. I cannot tell you exactly why. Maybe because of the maturity of the people writing here. Maybe because Arkham is such a magnificent game many of us are devoted to this enchanted world. Don't know. I started writing here asking for help with the rules, and I managed to find good friends and good company. And it's marvellous.

Anyway, as for your questions. There is no actual way to make a topic sticky. I think at least two or three people here (including myself) have asked mods to stick the Custom Heralds, Guardians and Investigators threads. No answer. You can contact the moderators or the staff using one of the two links on forum's pages, and maybe you'll be more lucky.

And thank you for asking wiki's admins about the possibility to have a custom material section. If this can be of any help, there is such a section on the French Arkham wiki.

Sdrolion said:

People have asked for a few of the commonly used threads here to be sticked, but it hasn't gotten done... That being said, perhaps the moderators or forum managers would do something if they received more requests for it (from more people I mean).

I believe there was a guy not too long ago that had success getting moderator attention by phoning them up.

Veet said:

I believe there was a guy not too long ago that had success getting moderator attention by phoning them up.

Yes, Musha succeeded, but he was asking for rules clarifications... maybe it's easier, dunno...

Julia said:

Sdrolion said:

You can contact the moderators or the staff using one of the two links on forum's pages, and maybe you'll be more lucky.

Really embarrassing to ask this, but...what "two links?" O_O I don't seem to see anything that would be used for that. :-P

Waaaaaaaay down at the bottom under "Contact" and "User Support"

Veet said:

Waaaaaaaay down at the bottom under "Contact" and "User Support"

Ah, okay! Thanks.

Avi_dreader said:

Sdrolion said:

People have asked for a few of the commonly used threads here to be sticked, but it hasn't gotten done... That being said, perhaps the moderators or forum managers would do something if they received more requests for it (from more people I mean).

That appears to have worked pretty fast, actually. ^_^

Sdrolion said:

::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK:: ::SHOCK::

Ok man, what's the magic behind this?

But anyway... Thanks!

Sdrolion said:

Avi_dreader said:

Sdrolion said:

Heh... I have to admit, I'm a little shocked at the response time. Not quite Julia level shocked, but shocked ;'D

Julia said:

Ok man, what's the magic behind this?

But anyway... Thanks!

<_<

>_>

The stars are right?

^_^

I'd certainly appreciate having all the material in a centralised location. Board Game Geek is a pretty god place to upload to too.

Jake yet again said:

I'd certainly appreciate having all the material in a centralised location. Board Game Geek is a pretty god place to upload to too.

I think the Wiki would be the best place to put everything. It's already a really good resource. Time to make it better :')

Avi_dreader said:

I think the Wiki would be the best place to put everything. It's already a really good resource. Time to make it better :')

Provided it starts working again. It seems to have disappeared.

Veet said:

Avi_dreader said:

Provided it starts working again. It seems to have disappeared.

Oh the irony.

I didn't do anything, I swear. O_O

The wiki appears to have revived.

Lost in Time and Space, only missed 1 turn.

Posted on the admins user talk pages, but no response yet. From the looks of things they may be rather busy dealing with the frankly ridiculous amounts of spam being posted to the wiki. O_O Poor guys.