Scenario #9 Question...My brain is about to explode!

By The moose2, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Those ones do stick about... It's the ones that read "a monster attacks you" in other worlds that don't hang about I think.

I read this scenario and though "Yes this will kill everyone" glad to see I wasn't wrong!

The only monsters that don't stick around (unless specifically stated) are those that say some variation with these words: a monster appears. That's you own gift-wrapped trophy (if you can handle it) but will disappear if you don't defeat it.

I played it three times under the assumption that it was "two gates; one mythos effect" and got utterly annihilated each time.

Then we played it once the "correct" way: one gate, two mythos effects. It made a lot more sense, and aside from some tension, we thoroughly owned that scenario ;)

So not counting all those misinterpretation/botch-ups, we have not lost a scenario or had anyone die yet.

*Crosses fingers*

Dam said:

MrsGamura said:

If your talking about Place 2 Monsters in X street they don't stay there. Only Monsters from Gates.

sorpresa.gif

Excuse me??? You mean when you draw a card that says "2 monsters appear at Merchant District Streets", you just place them and then take them off again? What's the point of those monsters being placed in your opinion then?

If there happens to be a investigator there at the time they have to fight and/or evade the monsters. Look in FAQ question about this.

MrsGamura said:

Dam said:

MrsGamura said:

If your talking about Place 2 Monsters in X street they don't stay there. Only Monsters from Gates.

sorpresa.gif

Excuse me??? You mean when you draw a card that says "2 monsters appear at Merchant District Streets", you just place them and then take them off again? What's the point of those monsters being placed in your opinion then?

If there happens to be a investigator there at the time they have to fight and/or evade the monsters. Look in FAQ question about this.

Perhaps you can link us to it? I am not aware of any FAQ that says monsters disappear. If a Mythos card says place 2 monsters in X street, they stay there until defeated - whether an investigator is there or not.

The only time monsters dissappear is with OW and Arkham encoutners that says a monster appears and no gate opens with it. (With the obvious exception of anything that specifically states they dissapear.

I looked in the FAQ and could not find it. Could have sworn that monster that appear at a street via mythos card don't stay. I thought the only monsters that stay are ones via Gates opening and Monster surges!

...between this and the clue question...

lol Have read the rules dozens of times and played @100 games and I still have no idea what going on!