The Dark Elf Project - Tryin' To be Competitive!

By DB.Cooper, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Well the nice thing that I like about Orc is that Easy Pickens and Lobber Crew have no targeting requirement, and nothing is destroyed, so it prevents things from keying off that. However, I am at the point where I think burn it down and Pillage almost is a requirement in the deck. I'm almost at the point where I think it is mandatory in ANY destruction deck. I have considered throwing those in, and maybe the Sorcerer, but that is for a future build, and hopefully more cards in the future that help build it up some more.

Additionally, I was originally running the Dark Elf support card that gives a penalty to HP in zones without developments, in addition to running the Orc development destruction tech to help some against Judgment decks, though that still feels a little weak.

Now play such build:

3 Innovation
2 Lash the Prisoner!
3 Walking Sacrifice
3 Whip the Slaves
3 Alluring Chosen
2 Armoury
3 Crypt Ghouls
3 Dark Elf Infiltrator
3 Dwarf Slaves
2 Har Ganeth
3 Sacrifice to Khaine
3 Seeking New Slaves
3 Slave Pen
3 Thief of Essence
3 Seasoned Corsair
3 Wight Lord
2 Countess Iseara
3 Malekith

The main problems:
Not enough killing.
No support removal.

The build that I prefer for the moment is this one:

3 Walking Sacrifice
- easy loyalty is needed in every DE deck + obvious synergy with Warpstone Experiments and Slave Pen
3 Clan Moulder's Elite
- cheap firepower is really needed with DE
2 Dark Elf Infiltrator
- quite needed against Chain Lightning, Knights Panther, Pistoliers, Stand your Ground, Order in Chaos, Grudge Thrower where opponent wants to keep resources
3 Dwarf Slaves
- expandable unit, helps against Verena and speeds up Burn it Down when needed (still not sure between Innovation and Warpstone)
3 Thief of Essence
- the "cardgetter", amazing unit when unit removal kicks in. you want to spread unit removal into seperate phases for most effect. only drawback is the 1HP
3 Seasoned Corsair
- can kill a wide spectrum of units, usually they help to get the first token for Offering to Hekarti
3 Blood Dragon Knight
- Great unit and is needed for firepower and further synergy with the unit removal theme. not sure yet between this one or Wight Lord

3 Hate
- can make your opponents good starting hand/1st turn into a bad one. otherwise same as Infiltrators as it kind of forces the opponent to spend all resources.
3 Warpstone Experiments
- I think destructions best card from legends, great Thief/Slave Pen synergy + overall usage for resource/cardboost and helps the firepower problem from DE
3 We Need Your Blood
- needed against rush, can sometimes be played within the opponents 1st turn after succesful Hate. also helps to get tokens for the quest
3 Sacrifice to Khaine
- easy token for quest when needed, most succesful when the enemy board is cleared from cheap units using the other HP reduction effects.
3 Burn it Down -
support removal is mandatory in nearly every deck and this is the only way other than going crossfaction with orc. essential against Church of Sigmar

3 Warpstone Excavation
- Innovation is also good but not sure yet. a substitute could be Har Ganeth for good Walking Sacrifice/Thief of Essence synergy
3 Contested Village
3 Witch Hag's Curse
- good against a lot of key units (Wilhelm, Sorcerer of Tzeentch, True Mage etc.), when there is no worthwile target use it on Clan Moulder for solid defense
3 Slave Pen
- great synergy and usually decides the game when the opponent can't get rid of it quick enough

3 Offering to Hekarti
- same description as above only in this case it's the unit. when the token engine gets fueled you have great unit lockdown. if played correctly together with other effects you can get some kind of mass removal.

Good all around deck that has some slots that can be adapted to other local meta. A small drawback is still a lack of firepower when your attackers get removed or damage is canceled. Malekith is also an option but in recent games I couldn't get him into play or didn't have him out for long. In an earlier version I also had Corsairs of Ghrond in it because of Warpstone Experiments and Slave Pen synergy but I couldn't find place for them when going for 50 cards.

Also note that you can play DE really kingdom concentrated with Har Ganeth, Walking Sacrifice, Thief of Essence and Whip the Slaves (Zdravovich also has them in his list) because of the controlled card draw.

http://deckbox.org/sets/13384

I would take in Wight Lord and Har Ganeth.

I used Countess Iseara to bring back Walking Slaves to quest or Corsairs to trigger it. She is expensive but fun. Anyway you need a way to ensure you got units on your quests. Har Ganeth always keeps a Walking Sacrifice in your hand and you can lower your own units HP and play them again to trigger "enter play" effects (Corsairs). The Wight Lord has necromancy so you can not loose them and they trigger the quest. They are more expensive than the Blood Dragon Knight, but they ensure a kill triggering the Quest.

Seeking New Slaves is another possibility. A dead unit will trigger Offering twice when steal it and when you sacrifice it. A stolen unit makes sure that you have a trigger ready and you can get 2+ power units for just 2 resources.

- 3 Blood Dragon Knights + 2 Har Ganeth (limited) + 2 Wight Lord (expensiv, necro) + 3 Seeking New Slaves means something would need to go and i am not sure what I would take out. But great deck!

Wichtel said:

I would take in Wight Lord and Har Ganeth.

I used Countess Iseara to bring back Walking Slaves to quest or Corsairs to trigger it. She is expensive but fun. Anyway you need a way to ensure you got units on your quests. Har Ganeth always keeps a Walking Sacrifice in your hand and you can lower your own units HP and play them again to trigger "enter play" effects (Corsairs). The Wight Lord has necromancy so you can not loose them and they trigger the quest. They are more expensive than the Blood Dragon Knight, but they ensure a kill triggering the Quest.

Seeking New Slaves is another possibility. A dead unit will trigger Offering twice when steal it and when you sacrifice it. A stolen unit makes sure that you have a trigger ready and you can get 2+ power units for just 2 resources.

Did you already played with Blood Dragon Knight? He basically does the same like Wight Lord every turn (not just by entering play) while still earning a token. I also thought that Wight Lord is better with DE until I actually played Blood Dragon Knight. It went better than I thought. There aren't much units that survive his effect and left HP can be drawn with questtokens or We Need Your Blood. Most times I just try to keep up Sacrifice to Khaine for the big guys while going for the units that I can kill with the other effects. Another thing while I switched to BDK is that I always want to attack and when I want to kill a unit in Q-zone or K-zone than I need to play Wight into corresponding zone which isn't always what I want to especially when I already built up these zone enough.

Iseara is nice but I'm totally away from using big guys other than in a reanimator deck. Most decks I play against always have cheap ways to remove them.

Regarding Seeking New Slaves: It was basically a 100% slot with DE until recent time but that card is not constant. It tends to be good against destruction but often it's just mediocre and I'm sitting on that card waiting for a chance. When this happens I also have enough card in hand that I would like to play instead but that just happened in the last 4-6 games or so. Nevertheless it's a great card. The problem is that are too many great cards now but it's more the economy and cheap damage that needs to be improved. The general census seems like unitcontrol DE is the way to go or does somebody has success with playing the cardcontrol tools? In theory I had something in mind but while playing it always lacked actual control over the board and I was overrun by the opponent.