What possible Licences should FFG be looking at?

By player2202059, in Universal Fighting System

JerusalemJones said:

I'm going to throw in with the Super Smash Bros. crowd. Not only would it be cool, but I could easily see it bringing in more players. I haven't actually played the game in a long time, but I would start again if SSB was included.

Pretty sure that will never happen as long as pokemon CCG exists.

Scubadude said:

JerusalemJones said:

I'm going to throw in with the Super Smash Bros. crowd. Not only would it be cool, but I could easily see it bringing in more players. I haven't actually played the game in a long time, but I would start again if SSB was included.

I just wish that they could exclude the pokemon characters and let them use all the others that would be cool

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Scubadude said:

JerusalemJones said:

I just wish that they could exclude the pokemon characters and let them use all the others that would be cool

It wouldn't really matter since its still a nintendo license.

Well I think that a Devil May Cry battle box Dnate vs Virgil could work.

Also add in a vote for Guilty Gear or it's spiritual successor BlazBlue.

Well with now the turmoil in V.S. I have heard the game might have died so maybe we can get some marvel licenses or at least get capcom v.s marvel .

I would like for FFG to bring some of their own franchises. Not only would it save money but it would bring freshness to the game. I'd like to see some new new characters never seen elsewhere.

I'd like the restrictions off for the SNK franchises which would open the door to an armada of characters for the making.

Right now I think if they would pick up another fransise I'd say Guilty Gear would be the prime choice. I like how Blazblue looks but that would be smaller then Darkstalkers.

Mortal Kombat shouldn't be considered because Midway is going down the toliet, plus I'm not that interested with it.

since capcom and snk are already on board it does make more sense to produce more sets based on their games than just kof samurai shodown and streetfighter it should be easy to get hold of titles such as rival schools/project justice, final fight, last blade. world heroes, star gladiator, power stone, tech romancer.

but i think it might be an idea to do just pure capcom and snk sets that cover characters that are from games that shouldn't get just their own set eg. devil may cry, resident evil, killer 7, ghosts n goblins, jojo's bizarre adventure, ikari warriors, art of fighting,metal slug it does get difficult with some snk games as the company has gone through other production companies in recent years going to sammy for the atomiswave stuff (neo geo battle coliseum, kof Neowave, metal slug 5 and samurai shodown 6 and taito for the taito type X and taito type x2 games kof 98 maximum impact regulation-a and regulation-a-2, kof XII and samurai shodown wdge of destiny or just some of the capcom roster from the marvel vs capcom anyone from namco x capcom or indeed Tatsunoko vs. Capcom if you aren't familiar with the title its capcom's 7th vs game(i'm guessing they aren't counting the the capcom vs snk card clash games in this number) with characters from the anime company tatsunoko taking on capcom so you have characters from gatchaman, casshern, tekkaman, yatterman, hurricane polymar, golden warrior gold lightan, karas, Hakushon Daimao and also has some unlikely charachters from capcom licenses like viewtiful joe, okami, Quiz Nanairo Dreams, and onimusha aswell as your usual classic choices from streetfighter, darkstalkers, rival schools and megaman its just a shame its japan only at the moment in arcades and on the wii so probably not going to be that popular an idea unless it gets a US greenlight

guilty gear and streets of rage would be good and with sammy entertainment owning sega if UFS got hold of guilty gear it would be an easy link towards getting other sega titles like streets of rage

thrill kill... now this would be interesting to see as the game never got released thanks to electronic arts it basically got cancelled just weeks before it was due to be shipped as the original publisher virgin interactive was then bought up by electronic arts and they said they didn't want to release such a senselessly violent game and thought it was so violent that they wouldn't attempt to sell the game to another publisher to get it released but the game was leaked on to the internet shortly after by staff that had helped develop the game in its complete form and numerous beta's the engine was also later used for wu-tang taste the pain (shaolin style) and xmen mutant academy 1&2 by activision and rock 'em sock ''em robots by mattel although electronic arts own the rights to the game i'm pretty certtain that character concepts and such would still be owned byt the developer paradox who are now part of midway games so if mortal kombat is an impossibility then thrill kill definately will be

personally though what i'd like to see are some of the older classics like golden axe or better yet guardian heroes (that's 50 charachters right there)

dynasty warriors/ samurai warriors these games have a wealth of charachters and would cross over quite nicely with the soul calibur stuff and possibly even shadowar

Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring the game was **** i know but it would see an interesting way of getting final fantasy VII characters into the game it was originally published by namco in the arcades but was ported to the playstation by square (which explains the ffvii characters and was re-released last year on the playstation network by square enix

I know stuff like tekken is likely to increase the game's userbase but it would be nice to think that FFG are nice enough to give a **** about us that play the game already instead of just trying to get new players or little known titles like melty blood act cadenza, evil zone, battle arena toshinden, bloody roar, double dragon, primal rage, fighting vipers, virtua fighter, fighter's megamix (yes i know this would be difficult and possibly see the hornet (number 41) race car from daytona usa being used as a character)

dead or alive...the world is not complete without boobs

mortal kombat hasn't really been interesting in years but could be funky seeing all the old and new characters getting used

killer instinct is pretty much an impossibility with the state of affairs with rare and free radical design (now part of crytek) it would be very difficult to get the old licenses of rare back especially those produced through nintendo it could be possible but very unlikely unless they make a new killer instinct game the same can be said for marvel vs capcom stuff unless there is a marvel vs capcom 3 game made i can't see marvel allowing ufs to use their characters

and i know this one is strange but even with street fighter and darkstalkers already being used i'd like to see some of the characters pocket fighter and puzzle fighter incarnations used for cards possibly done as an outright comedy set like the magic unglued ones have it with lots of power cards too but more than likely like unglued make the set not tournament legal the same could be done for v.f. kids if the virtua fighter franchise was accquired and there could even be some chibi style snk cards done based around capcom vs snk card fighters games (or for that matter make a set out of this it would see a wide variety of characters again this would also lead to other crossover stuff since most notably in pocket fighters chunli for one move was dressed as jill valentine from resident evil

and something else similar to having penny arcade why not make a variety of battle packs of gaming duos it would possibly be easier to accquire some franchises in this sense than to have to go after fighting games with huge character rosters

for example (this might be difficult as its lucasarts) it could be possible to do a battle pack based on monkey island and have both guybrush threepwood and le chuck in there

in this sense there could be packs for these below but it could prove costly to get the franchises but then these titles would help boost the exposure of ufs

kain and raziel ( legacy of kain games)

link and ganondorf ( legend of zelda)

mario and bowser (super mario)

sonic and robotnik (sonic the hedgehog)

master chief and the arbiter (halo)

jill valentine vs nemesis (resident evil)

cloud vs sephiroth (ffvii)

leon kenedy vs albert wesker (resident evil)

solid snake vs grey fox (metal gear solid) this ones probably impossible to get the rights to but you never know

space marine vs cyber demon (doom) just for the card chainsaw

duke nukem vs dr proton (duke nukem) i'd rather see the more modern style duke but if its going to have more than duke and some monsters it would need to have dr proton from the original duke nukem games though i guess general silverback or alien overlord could be used from land of the babes

rick taylor vs dr west (splatterhouse)

well you get the idea

and in theory i guess it would be possible if successful there could be booster packs to run with the battle packs (not quite a complete set say each set having about 60 cards rather than 90-120 of a normal set and the 45ish count of a battle box set) or possibly promo cards that can encompass a few additional characters out of those games

i

I always though a Capcom All-Stars Set would be a neat idea. It would bring Capcom characters from their VS series into UFS. Think of the classic characters like Mega Man, Strider Hiyu, Captain Commando and others joining in UFS.

Starsoul-klr said:

I always though a Capcom All-Stars Set would be a neat idea. It would bring Capcom characters from their VS series into UFS. Think of the classic characters like Mega Man, Strider Hiyu, Captain Commando and others joining in UFS.

its just a shame they canned the capcom allstars game as that would have been a perfect excuse for ffg to do the ufs cards of them and would have been interesting to see as they were meant to be including gouken's daughter as a playable character...not sure how that would have panned out probably would have been like mokato from street fighter 3 originally intended to be ryu's long lost sister but they dropped the idea soon after as it deviated too much from the story they wanted for ryu

this raises one thought though.....DAMMIT PEOPLE GIVE US A ******* GOUKEN CARD and possibly start bringing in the lesser role streetfighter characters and the npc (have poison as support for hugo, kei as support for sakura, ishizaki(karin's butler) as support for karin) and well there are loads more they wouldn't really be worth while having as main charachters but definately would be funky for support and could see some interesting theme decks being built with a little more variety in them

and this might be a very unpopular idea but its still an idea it could be possible to bring the streetfighter ex characters into the game since the games died out on number 3 (thank god) any tie in stuff has all but vanished and well capcom don't own the rights to them but the games development company ARIKA do who since they stopped doing streetfighter ex games have mainly maid puzzle stuff and the awesome endless ocean games for the wii so are probably not that interested in their old fighting game character licenses and would possibly let them out quite cheap and with it being a company pretty much under nintendo's wing at the moment it will certainly draw ufs's attention towards them and bring you all that little step closer towards the unlikely possibility of a killer instinct set

I would like to see

Mortal Kombat

Killer Instinct

and BLOODY ROAR!

I may be one of the 5 people in the US who'll actually admit this...I want Arcana Hearts. :D The thought of what you could do with just the Arcana system amuses me. Seals on Crack.

Homme Chapeau said:

failed2k said:

streeeetttsss offf rageeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly if they pull this off, kudos to them, but I'd rather they have Final Fight than SoR. Personal preference. Either would be jawesome however.

why stop at one. it would make sense to have a set containing both. Then again, guy and cody have cards already, tho. Haggar would be a fun addition.

however, they could probably make a whole set with streets of rage characters. axel, blaze, adam, max, skate, zan, ash, shiva, roo, and mr.x, which is 1 character short of most mini sets. id also assume that the starter decks, if any, would be of axel, blaze, mr.x and shiva.tho, I dont think anyone would really wanna play an ash deck.

dokuromaru said:

Homme Chapeau said:

failed2k said:

streeeetttsss offf rageeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly if they pull this off, kudos to them, but I'd rather they have Final Fight than SoR. Personal preference. Either would be jawesome however.

why stop at one. it would make sense to have a set containing both. Then again, guy and cody have cards already, tho. Haggar would be a fun addition.

however, they could probably make a whole set with streets of rage characters. axel, blaze, adam, max, skate, zan, ash, shiva, roo, and mr.x, which is 1 character short of most mini sets. id also assume that the starter decks, if any, would be of axel, blaze, mr.x and shiva.tho, I dont think anyone would really wanna play an ash deck.

surprisingly people aren't that narrow minded about homosexuality i know in america it is more so...proof of this is america will never get a general release of tingle's rosy rupeeland for the sheer abundance of camp humour in it they refused to give a children's age rating so nintendo of america didn't release it

as for ash if you found him in streets of rage 3 in america you had to be looking pretty hard for him as you needed to hack the cart or use a game genie to access him since he was removed from the game for american release so on that grounds alone i'd say a few people would play a deck with ash in though this could also see some of the problems with procuring the license for streets of rage as its essentially two different game franchises based around the same game bare knuckle in japan and streets of rage in US and europe with sega of america severly butchering the games changing female enemy costumes to make them less racey increasing game difficulty and of course editing out the camp character ash (so creating the problem of having to acquire two licences one from sega of america and one from sega of japan just to produce one lot of cards this might not be too much of a problem for ffg though since they have the darkstalkers franchise which is similar with name change with it being vampire in japan but then i've not seen any japanese ufs cards to know if they have just kept the darkstalkers name or called them vampire over there but even then there isn't the difference in character or game content between darkstalkers and vampire as there is between streets of rage and bare knuckle)

not to mention lots of people play as zangief and although his homosexuality is not confirmed it is strongly suggested with things like him admiring Vega, the ominous white stuff coming from his mouth in ths picture from marvel super heroes vs street fighter zangief.gif ,not liking beautiful women, and spinning around with Eagle in their special CvS2 intro pointing to the fact that he could possibly be gay when you consider eagle is one of the characters from the street fighter universe that has been confirmed as homosexual and meant to a tribute to freddie mercury and it is fairly strongly hinted around haggar, though he would have been closeted for a while atleast to have the daughter that got kidnapped for the main storyline to the first final fight game

i've kinda gone off the point i was making here that not everyone is going to be narrow minded as to not create or play a deck of a character just because they are homosexual some of us could really care less about the characters fictitious sexual orientation and how said sexual oreientation effects our enjoyment of the character and their role in the game

i am of course assuming that these negative associations with homosexuality were what you were referring to when you said noone would want to play as ash from streets of rage/ bare knuckle unless there is some other reason you were referring to that noone would want to play as ash ?

There's this manga titiled Tenjou Tenge that has a strong resemblance to KOF and Street Fighter. I would like to see that become a licensed set. Playing as Bob and Souichiro Nagi would kick soo much ass!!!

did anyone say God Of War....hahaha Kratos would be broke of course since hes too awesome lol

Final Fantasy would be great you could settle it between Cloud and Squall

Super Smash Bros. would be to awesome and a really good investment if you ask me....everyone i know loves SSB!!

Castlevania has all sorts of cool characters.....Demitri vs The Belmonts anyone

Vamp D is a great idea also!!!

Highly unlikely as it may be, Melty Blood would be full of win.

And while we're on the topic of doujin fighters, why not Queen's of Heart and Eternal Fighter Zero? (Rhetorical, I know the multitude of reasons. Still, a fanset would be awesome -- although Lycee is basicly that game ^_^ ; ;) .

We need Clayfighters, obviously

Otazo said:

I'd love to see Nickelodeon's Avatar the last Airbender in UFS

now that's an interesting idea. the one problem I see with this is the fact that avatar runs off an element system. as 4 of the thirteen symbols are the elements, I could see this being a bit problematic. especially with them being rather unevenly distributed.

BLOODY ROAR!

these posts need sound effects.

zoanthropy would be a nice touch here though (even if taliban has lychanthropy already).

The ability to have Ryu vs. Liu Kang would sell UFS, no disputing it. Beg, borrow, or steal that Mortal Kombat license. :)

Killer Instinct could work too, along with a couple other coin-op style fighting games like Guilty Gear - but here's a random thought, what if they got the WWE license? Not that WWE Raw Deal isn't being produced by a company, the license should be up for grabs. And John Cena vs. Ken would be rather amusing, heh.

CREED

Street Fighter IV

Given the success of the game on 360/ps3 I'm rather suprised that this hasn't already happened. If FFG had released a SFIV expansion around the game release it would have brought in a lot of new players and made them a lot of money. Massive opportunity missed imo.

I'd love to see final fight used, tekken would be cool too. Heres one ip I don't think anyone else has mentioned:- metal slug!

Smazzurco said:

Time Killers

You win at everything!

aslum said:

Smazzurco said:

Time Killers

You win at everything!

Combo E, Destroy 1 green card, 1 orange card, 1 grey card, 1 blue card, and 1 character card: Remove your opponents remaining limbs and head

if you have played the game you will understand :P

I asked my friends who used to play UFS what it would take to get them back into the game and they, like me, said Guilty Gear.

I would give just about anything for a set of cards about Bridget. I think Bridget's theme ought to be bait-and-switch: exchanging cards players have in the card pool for those in hand. This would reflect both the character's use of the yo-yo as a weapon, and also the deeper meaning in that what you see isn't always what you get...

DOA would be sweet, I just wish they would start getting just generic franchises like Street Fighter instead of specific games like they did with KOF2006 and SC 3 &4