What possible Licences should FFG be looking at?

By player2202059, in Universal Fighting System

The title says it all, what licences should FFG be pursuing? Which ones could they get cheap, which ones would really add a lot to the game, and which ones would be fun.

One of the fun things about this game is the nostalgia that i get from seeing some of my favorite characters from fighting games of past. I love Darkstalkers, SF, and Soul Calibur, and I did play and enjoy king of fighters as well as samurai showdown. BUT there are a lot more licenses out there, and i think they should expand the game a bit, and bring in other licenses rather than make another Chun-li. Here are some of the licenses I would like to see and WHY...

Guily Gear series (X)- Rock n Roll meets awesome 2d fighting... Its not as well known as some of the licences but one that would lend itself well to this game. arc system works owns the licence i think...

Streeets of Rage series- This wasn't a fighting game, but it played as a side scrolling fighting/adventure/action game, with cool anime style artwork and the characters had a lot of cool moves. It was a cool game, and would work well with UFS. Pretty sure Sega has the licence on this one.

Afro Samurai- Its a very popular new series with distinctly awesome artwork. I think that it would make a good set, and would help get some people into the game with it's freshness.... this series is pretty much just about fighting... Cartoon Network has the licence?

Cowboy Bebop- Just because my friends wants to play as Ed.... This licence would probably be expensive, but bring a lot of people into it.

MARVEL- My favorite fighting games of all time were the capcom vs marvel series... I know this might be the most expensive possible licence to get but seriously, there are a lot of people who love that game. Marvel v Capcom 2 for the xbox STILL goes for $45. You can't imagine how sweet this would be.

Virtua Fighter- Not that I played it a ton, but it would be cool to have... at the time we still went to the arcade to play SC and MvC1&2 some people were playing it.

Mortal Combat- As long as they don't base it off the movies... we will be fine.

DC- With the new Mortal Combat v DC game, it would be current at least... this isn't as good as getting marvel.

BESERK! - One of my favorite anime series... until they ran out of funding and ended it early... this would be awesoem and brutal, and wouldn't cost a ton... and it would get people who like anime and medieval worlds...

Vampire Hunter D- Nuff said-

Hellsing- There are enough characters and enough fighting to make this work easy.

As much as I would love Marvel and DC it won't happen any time soon as Upper Deck still has those licenses for their VS CCG. So until they give those up it isn't possible for FFG to get it for UFS.

Nintendo's KILLER INSTINCT game would translate well...

In stead of Marvel or DC, how about Image? I'd pay to field Spawn, Invincible, Savage Dragon, etc. They currently have no presence in the realm of card games. You could even go indy. I'd skin a thousand kittens to play Johnny the homocidal maniac!

Well, altought licenses like Gulty Gear or Final Fight would be great, and think it is more dreaming than anything else.

IMO, a great incorporation would be the SNK/Playmore King of Fighters, but with the characters of the Orochi Saga. The game has recently came out for PSP and I think most of the fans will agree with me that those where the years when the game really rocked. Benimaru, Athena, Chin, King, Takuma, Orochi Iori and Leona would be so fresh and so ruling that many "old-school-gamer" would find interest in the game immediately.

In a more personal and less logical level, I'd love to see Nickelodeon's Avatar the last Airbender in UFS, or maybe TMNT... That would ROCK. On capitals.

What about the Super Smash Bros. Series?

Time Killers

Roxas_Lawliet said:

What about the Super Smash Bros. Series?

I actually saw some fan-made SSB cards, but they were completely broken. Anyway, as Link, Mario and co. are not included in the official Pokemon CCG, this could be a really cool license, capable to attract a lot of player to the game and make it more known by people.

Smash Bros Brawl would be awesome, and would fit in quite well. However, I don't think Nintendo will let that one go.

Clayfighter is the game I want to see in UFS the most. It would add a sense of humor to the game. Plus, I just want to play Blue Suede Goo.....

All of those are awesome.....

FFG get on it... or I'll seriously go obtain the licences myself and then make you pay a premium for my hard work.

can't believe no one in here mentioned Tekken

Also Bushido Blade 2 would be fun, I want to be the guy who throws frogs and makes female characters freak out for easy kills haha

Now you mention Bushido Blade, they could easily include Last Blade series, also from SNK. There hasn't been a sequel lately, so the rights for the game can't be too expensive either. Some cool character there and good backup to push some Samurai Showdown vs Last Blade games.

I would like to see a Dead or Alive expantion, or maybe world heros?

World Heroes could be really cool, although a Dragon vs Fei Long would be little boring...

Counting Nintendo won't give their license rights, the best options this far would be:

-Last Blade (SNK/Playmore)

-World Heroes (SNK/Playmore)

-Devil May Cry (Capcom)

-Tekken (Namco)

-Guilty Gear (Sammy)

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage)

Tekken isn't one of my favorites, I find the game a bit too vanilla, wouldn't stop me buying the set though........... happy.gif

I agree with Guilty Gear, awsome game with some uber characters that I think would add a lot to the UFS stable.

The game is would most like to see added though is Rival Schools! Baseball bat wielding, football kicking, team up madness, it covers all the bases. I'd also like to see how the team up attacks would be handled, it would add a load of attacks that could only be played in certain character combinations, which would be different.

Also, just for giggles, how about Rumble Roses? gran_risa.gif

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum would be pretty cool. Also Guilty gear.

look tekken was there best choise because that will bring a lot more people to the game any ways guilty gear x would be anouther good one but there is so many fighting games to choose from anyways dc and marvel i cant see working that well and i just want them to pull charictures out of the fighting games they allready have like rugal and maybe promos of orochi iroi and shin akuma

streeeetttsss offf rageeeeeeeeeeeeee

failed2k said:

streeeetttsss offf rageeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly if they pull this off, kudos to them, but I'd rather they have Final Fight than SoR. Personal preference. Either would be jawesome however.

Tekken was just added and we are getting another penny arcade battle box in the summer . But I can ask steve in our march SOTG for new licenses they are looking at but Steve said Tekken will be keeping them busy for a little while .

Ok, so Tekken's in huh? Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I suppose if you're looking at numbers of players it will bring in instead of pure fanboy potential, it makes sense. My list would go something like this.

1) I'd like to echo the sentiment of Guilty Gear. The characters are unique in every way from each other, and many bring things to fighting games that haven't been overdone a bazillion times.

2) I find it hard to belive nobody even mentioned Street Fighter's ancient nemesis: Mortal Kombat. Yes, the quality of the games has been slowly degrading since they made the switch to 3D. But that has nothing to do with UFS. It has characters that are timelessly enduring, and everyone I tell about UFS always asks "Is Mortal Kombat in it?" Plus, everyone will want to run four copies of GET OVER HERE!

3) First of all, the Perfect Dorks over at Rare needs to get off their British, Microsoft-leeching arses and make us all a **** Killer Instinct sequel. Then, UFS needs to jump on that B. Orchid booty and ride that 22-hit Ultimate Combo to victory.

4) Then World Heroes for pure fanboy goodness.

Something else that FFG needs to look into is digging a little deeper into the SNK book instead of just KOF 2K6. Rival Schools and the older KOFs are ripe for the picking. Especially because I want to play as Kyosuke. gran_risa.gif

I'm going to throw in with the Super Smash Bros. crowd. Not only would it be cool, but I could easily see it bringing in more players. I haven't actually played the game in a long time, but I would start again if SSB was included.

i think SSB would be too ridiculous. Pikachu or Jigglypuff fighting against E.Honda or some such?

Guilty Gear. Maybe Marvel. Really they already have plenty.

...Please no anime... Please, please no Mortal Kombat.

I want to see Guilty Gear, Melty Blood and the Touhou games in UFS but I really doubt it will happen (maybe guilty gear? *hopes*). All would be great additions imo.