a short beginner's question concerning movement and picking up clues

By bonzo4, in Reference Materials

I've bought the game two weeks ago and I really enjoy playing it. I guess I've finally figured out most of the rules, but there is one question which I couldn't find the answer to yet, neither in the rulebook nor on the Internet:

Note: I play the German version so I'm not sure if I use the correct terms of the game, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

If an investigator has a high speed level (last time we played a player had 6 points) and therefore can move over quite long distances, is it then possible for him to go to a location, pick up a clue token, then move back onto the street to end his movement there or in another location?

Or, in other words: Does the movement phase always end when you arrive at a location (such as the graveyard) or if you pick up a clue? Or is it possible to pick up clues "on the go", so you can pick up several clues of multiple locations within one movement phase (if investigator's speed level is high enough)?

Thank you very much in advance for your responses.

Nope, you're not allowed to do so. You're allowed to pick up clues only if you finish your movement in a location with a clue.

Thanks for your reply, during the course of my last game, another question came up:

With the spell healing and the Unique Item "Stone of Healing" (again, I'm using the German version of the game so I don't know if these terms are correct in the English one), they say that after using them I gain health. Can I get more health than the maximum number of health points indicated on the investigator's card? The spell doesn't say anything about it, neither does the stone. I'm not sure about this, since especially with the spell you could gain enormous amounts of health with a portion of luck during only a few rounds...

No, you can't have more than that your maximum health. Maximum, is the maximum.

Hugues said:

No, you can't have more than that your maximum health. Maximum, is the maximum.

Unless, of course, if such a thing is specifically stated gui%C3%B1o.gif :

"You are filled with an unnatural vigor. Your Stamina is restored to its maximum. In addition, you gain 3 extra Stamina above your maximum that cannot be restored once lost. "