What was your favorite Story/Part in The King in Yellow?

By Patches the Drow, in The World of H. P. Lovecraft

It's been quite some time since I've read it, but I've found how few people know Robert W. Chambers to be rather shocking. You can see where Lovecraft got some of his ideas and the stories--both the Gothic and the Romantic--are quite entertaining.

I personally like The Yellow Sign where the weird tales are concerned, and I would perhaps say where the romantic tales are concerned, Rue Baree and Our Lady of the Fields are about equal. The latter two stories I love because the dialogue is great, and The Yellow Sign is just flat-out eerie.

Anybody else have a favorite or two?

Well, so far I've only read "The Repairer of Reputations" but I liked it quite a lot.

I just re-read 'In the Court of the Dragon' recently, and it stuck with me for a while. The fact that the main character's plight through the streets of Paris is the King in Yellow hunting his soul, and the revelation at the end on the shores of Hali before being embraced by the King himself really gives some insight onto what the unfortunate readers of the play experience in their insanity. Though it is obviously much more different and overtly supernatural than to what Hildred Castaigne from 'the Repairer of Reputations' experiences.

Edited by SammyBoyFTW