Deathwatch Character Sheet Generator

By Tricky110974, in Deathwatch

Tricky110974 said:

Redemption NL - I still can't see a problem with the Strength bonus from Power Armour. I've uploaded a character file [Tricky.dwc] that has a Strength of 60 (30 + 10 [rolled] + 20 [PA]). This correctly gives a bonus of 10 (40 / 10 = 4, x 2 from Unnatural Strength = 8, +2 [+20 / 10 from PA] = 10).

Aye, it was a bug in r14, it was already fixed in r15. :)

tried to get the new update xls but skydrive keeps giving error unable to load.

Hi. it's me again...

finally got around to trying out the new versions. Great job on the new interface and all the additional features like the alternate character sheet with more room for talents and skills.

Two points I found though:

• Psy Rating adds to the damage, but still does not add to the Penetration of the force weapon used by the Librarian
  • It would be great if you could implement the +2 modifier to melee damage granted by the talent "Crushing Blow" being factored in automatically, since it is always on (compared to the +2 modifier granted by, e.g., "Hunter of Aliens"

Really grateful for all the hard work you're putting into this. It's a great tool.

Kilburn said:

Hi. it's me again...

finally got around to trying out the new versions. Great job on the new interface and all the additional features like the alternate character sheet with more room for talents and skills.

Two points I found though:

• Psy Rating adds to the damage, but still does not add to the Penetration of the force weapon used by the Librarian
  • It would be great if you could implement the +2 modifier to melee damage granted by the talent "Crushing Blow" being factored in automatically, since it is always on (compared to the +2 modifier granted by, e.g., "Hunter of Aliens"

Really grateful for all the hard work you're putting into this. It's a great tool.

Will take a look at these 2 points and try and get them in the next update.

Update available: v04r17_20110704

Fixed:

• Psy Rating adds to Penetration of Force Weapons
  • Crushing Blow Advance benefit now included in Melee Weapon damage

New:

• Descriptions of Chapter, Specialties, Power Armour History and Advances are shown. These are shown on a relevant tab or dialog box.

Outstanding:

• Signature Wargear - limit number of times Advance can be selected; refine the list of items
  • Custom Chapters

how do we equip and choose history for artificer or termie armour?

It tells me "Unable to load the requested workbook" :/

Tunnelhckrat said:

how do we equip and choose history for artificer or termie armour?

Create a character and then go to the Wargear tab. Select Armour > Astartes Power Armour > Artificer/Terminator and double-click. If you don't have enough Renown, then either add Renown, or check Ignore Renown and try again. You should be asked if you would like to generate a random history or select one.

LockLock said:

Can you be a little more specific. When do you receive this message? What were trying to do and what were you actually doing, for example, choosing an Advance, loading a character?

In order to give you some idea as to where I am at with Custom Chapters, I've uploaded a work in progress file (Chapter Creator macro.xls). It works, but some of the table validation is still to be completed for manual selection. Once this is done, I'll add it to the Character Generator. After that I need to update the Generator so that the custom chapter data can be used when creating a character. Hoping to have this all completed within a couple of weeks.

I can't open the character generators, it gives me athe error mentioned

LockLock said:

I can't open the character generators, it gives me athe error mentioned

Are you downloading the xls files or are they trying to open in a browser. You will need to download the file to your PC and then open with MS Excel. The files have been tested on Excel from version '2000' to '2010'. Some people had a few issues early on, but as long as your Excel software is up to date then there should be no problems.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Seems to be working. :D

Tricky110974 said:

LockLock said:

Can you be a little more specific. When do you receive this message? What were trying to do and what were you actually doing, for example, choosing an Advance, loading a character?

If you mouse over the file name you will see a greyed out (i) icon to the far right. click on that I con and the download link will show up on the right hand side. if you just click the name of the file thats when the cant load error shows up.

Update available: v05_r1_20110714

This is a big a release. Custom Chapters are now in.

But, before you all go and start creating your favourite club, I should warn that this is a work in progress still.

A couple of things aren't quite finished, and there are a few things not working as they should. However, I felt that uploading it would allow people to see the direction I'm heading in.

I would advise that you don't delete the previous version but do feel free to take a look at the new version.

Thank you very much for this great contribution. I personally have the problem that I cannot save any created characters with the new updated sheet v05_r1_20110714 . I always get Runtime Error 9. The older sheets, that you made, work fine.

GreatmasterB said:

Thank you very much for this great contribution. I personally have the problem that I cannot save any created characters with the new updated sheet v05_r1_20110714 . I always get Runtime Error 9. The older sheets, that you made, work fine.

Fixed. Not changed the version or release as this was such a simple mistake it was hardly worth it - other than it now works!

Just download and overwrite.

Tricky, I am having trouble downloading the character sheet from the sky fdrive. Keep getting an error that says unable to load the requested workbook." Thoughts on how I can get ahold of this?

Kalesto said:

Tricky, I am having trouble downloading the character sheet from the sky fdrive. Keep getting an error that says unable to load the requested workbook." Thoughts on how I can get ahold of this?

Don't click the link, just highlight the line and click download in the panel on the right.

This is a very useful tool

Thanks for the trouble you gone into, to create and update it

Although I have found a few minor glitches, not worth mentioning, still I find it a spectacular piece of work and want once more to thank you

@Baat: No problem, glad you like it.

Apologies to others. I've had quite a busy time with work and home life and have not had any opportunity to work on the outstanding issues and future functions at all since the end of July.

Things aren't getting any quieter yet either. But, this is not something that I have forgotten, so please continue to provide feedback, not matter how small.

@Tricky110974

Just wanted to thank you for the great work and this awesome tool, it's really useful. If you need any help with further developments/bug-fixing, I would be glad to help (I am quite adept at vb myself).

Thanks for developing this. Made doing pre-gens easier. I noticed when printing off the characters that the +10 and +20 boxes in the tactics column did not get checked. It shows them paid in the advances screen but not on the alternative character sheet (never checked the original character sheet).