April 15th?

By thefoehammer, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Dam said:

You should be filling the waiting period with other M-E games, Middle-Earth Quest, Lord of the Rings (the board game), Hobbit, War of the Ring gui%C3%B1o.gif .

I've been playing MECCG and slowly reading the rules for ME Quest. Does that count?

You seem to be doing it backwards gran_risa.gif . MEQ has really simple rules compared to Meccg and plays faster as well.

Dam said:

You seem to be doing it backwards gran_risa.gif . MEQ has really simple rules compared to Meccg and plays faster as well.

It plays faster than 60-90 minutes?

qwertyuiop said:

Dam said:

It plays faster than 60-90 minutes?

I'd say MEQ averages 75 minutes, Meccg 90-150 minutes for a normal two deck game. Meccg probably faster F2F, but I mostly hang out at GCCG and check out online games.

Dam said:

I'd say MEQ averages 75 minutes, Meccg 90-150 minutes for a normal two deck game. Meccg probably faster F2F, but I mostly hang out at GCCG and check out online games.

Note that these times are correct for Dam. For other players apply a factor of 1.5 to 2 to get realistic times. Cheers! gran_risa.gif

I don't think we've ever finished a game of MEQ in under 2 hours - and that's for two-player games. Add more players and the time will go up even more.

Jhaelen, you need to stop slow-playing get down to business lengua.gif .

Maelstrom Games, from whom I have pre-ordered my copy of the game (as the clerk at my local game store hasn't ever heard of Fantasy Flight Games), has a release date of 30th April for the core set, and 28th May for The Hunt for Gollum. Note that they are based in the United Kingdom, and may have a different release date from America.

YGrams said:

Maelstrom Games, from whom I have pre-ordered my copy of the game (as the clerk at my local game store hasn't ever heard of Fantasy Flight Games), has a release date of 30th April for the core set, and 28th May for The Hunt for Gollum. Note that they are based in the United Kingdom, and may have a different release date from America.

I hate you.You just ruined my perfect day enfadado.gif .Is there any hope we can have this game sooner?

servant of the secret fire said:

I hate you.You just ruined my perfect day enfadado.gif .Is there any hope we can have this game sooner?

What's your take on launching a raid into the FFG HQ gran_risa.gif ?

YGrams said:

I can confirm that, I got an official anwser from European Distributor that the game will be avaliable in the first week of May 2011.

If it makes you feel any better, not only do I have to wait for it to be released in Europe, I also have to wait until it shipped from the United Kingdom to me here in Australia. Sadly, while I would have loved to buy it locally, my local games store wasn't an option as I mentioned above, and online retailers seem to charge exorbitant amounts for both the item and postage. But that's buying things in Australia for you.

YGrams said:

If it makes you feel any better, not only do I have to wait for it to be released in Europe, I also have to wait until it shipped from the United Kingdom to me here in Australia. Sadly, while I would have loved to buy it locally, my local games store wasn't an option as I mentioned above, and online retailers seem to charge exorbitant amounts for both the item and postage. But that's buying things in Australia for you.

Ok you win.I feel better allready.I am happy with April 30th but please dont change it again lol.

Oh and i dont hate you anymore i saw someone saying first week of May.I hate him more than you now lengua.gif .

Dam said:

What's your take on launching a raid into the FFG HQ gran_risa.gif ?

Done gui%C3%B1o.gif

Whatever the launch date is, I just wish it were NOW! Take my money please!

Slipstream said:

Whatever the launch date is, I just wish it were NOW! Take my money please!

You're not the only one who would like to see this game now.

The Mirkwood Cycle looks great. I'm eagerly awaiting the Rhosgobel expansion. I love me some Radagast.

Let's that this game will hit stores very soon. I would love to see it any day now. It's possible - we get a look at rules, now this video tutorials so the next thing should be the release. Oh, please let it be in stores very soon, I can't wait for it. I pre-ordered my copy a a few week agocan't wait until I have it in my hands.

It's going to be at least another couple of weeks. It's still on the boat the as it's been on the boat for a little while now it should be hitting warehouses pretty soon. From there I'd expect at least a week for it to then get out to stores. I think April 15th is probably a relatively close bet at the moment. But I'd be surprised to see it much sooner than that.

Let's all just go find the boat, then think of ways to make it move faster. Anyone know any spirit magic that can influence the windthe waves? Where's Gandalf when you need him? (I know, he's on the boat, in the starter decks. Sigh...)

hi servant. are you from greece?

patra heredimitris

micheni said:

hi servant. are you from greece?

patra heredimitris

Yes mate i am from Greece (Athens -Peristeri).At last i am not alone here gran_risa.gif .

I am a bit confused, too. The German amazon lists April 30th as a date, but amazon Japan lists 05/2011as a date. Since I live in Japan I preordered the game there and the shipping date is listed as beginning of june (!) 2011. But I really hope to get my hands on the game earlier than June sad.gif

International release dates do tend to be a bit later than in NA.

Dang. Amazon.ca has the game, but the US version doesn't? Lucky. If the friendly local game store (if that place is even still open) doesn't get it within a few days of release, I'll have to find a good online place. I was hoping it would be Amazon.

Wish I could sleep through the next three weeks; wake up rested and energized for the game...