April 15th?

By thefoehammer, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th. They are usually fairly accurate.

So I guess as some of us are not looking forward to mailing our taxes in that day we can balance it by looking forward to digging into this game for the first time.

That would be a nice present on tax day.

heck yes! I wish I knew the card distribution of the core set. I'm buying at least two, but it'd be nice to get a list. Hopefully once the rules are up... :D

That's my last day of work before I get laid off.

Tax Day this year is April 18th. True story.

I started out really excited for this game, then sort of forgot about it.... Now reading up on all the news i missed and am really excited again! Roll on April.

Really looking forward to trying out this game. I just hope that the time waiting for it to come out is made up by an excellent game.

Has someone heared any official release date news?

Becouse I only heraed a rumour that it should be avaliable at 19th april 2011 but it's not confirmed.

thefoehammer said:

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th.

Link?

TheDukester said:

thefoehammer said:

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th.

Link?

www.heidelbaer.de/de/nc/einzelansicht-spiel/spiel/der_herr_der_ringe_kartenspiel/

It says April (, though not necessarily 15th).

According to the German forum, translation of the Core game is finished, the German rules pdf is ready to be uploaded (they're waiting for FFG to put the English version up first), Adventure Packs have either already been translated or are currently being translated, and last week the game was demonstrated using the (self-printed) product version of the Core set.

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday. I know it from my FLGS (Rebel.pl) and they got an official replay from FFG about the release date. So this must be true!

Besides it's finaly in pre-order so I just bought my a copy of the core set and the first Adventure Pack. gran_risa.gif

ffgfan said:

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday. I know it from my FLGS (Rebel.pl) and they got an official replay from FFG about the release date. So this must be true!

Besides it's finaly in pre-order so I just bought my a copy of the core set and the first Adventure Pack. gran_risa.gif

I think i hate you for this comment :P April 15 was a better and closer date but what can you do?My old Gandalf deck (lotr tcg) will torture my friends Nazguls 15 more days :P

ffgfan said:

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday.

gui%C3%B1o.gif demonio.gif

Here is the link to the GTS Distribution site where I saw it. They have it listed under their Boxed Games category instead of Card Games for the first release. I imagine they will change this once the chapter packs start coming out since Ctuthlu, Game of Thrones and Warhammer Invasion are all listed that way.

www.gamus.com/CR/Upcoming_by_category.html

I am going all "Runebound" on this one...already told my game guy that I want every expansion until further notice. This is the game I've been waiting for!

Exciting things about this game include:

1) It's LotR

2) it's constructable, but not "collectible" (i.e., it's a LCG! yay!)

3) it's Fantasy Flight

4) it's COOPERATIVE

I am so excited about this game I can't stand it! ha!

LobstaJohnson said:

I am going all "Runebound" on this one...already told my game guy that I want every expansion until further notice. This is the game I've been waiting for!

Exciting things about this game include:

1) It's LotR

2) it's constructable, but not "collectible" (i.e., it's a LCG! yay!)

3) it's Fantasy Flight

4) it's COOPERATIVE

I am so excited about this game I can't stand it! ha!

No1 its enough for me to play this game gran_risa.gif I just hope it will be a nice game cause my other option is lotr miniatures and its not popular in Greece.

Ofcourse lotr war in the north will come sometime in 2011 but a video game gets boring very fast and i dont even know if it will be a decent game.

Ok, so it's updated. Lotr LCG is on the boat! WOW!!!!! gran_risa.gif

ffgfan said:

Ok, so it's updated. Lotr LCG is on the boat! WOW!!!!! gran_risa.gif

That means we can have it before April 15th???

We are still several weeks (4-6) away if it just got on the boat.

Bohemond said:

Yes, so I would still think that end of April or beggining of May 2011 is more likely then 15th April. We must also count 7-10 day for the shipping.

ffgfan said:

Bohemond said:

Yes, so I would still think that end of April or beggining of May 2011 is more likely then 15th April. We must also count 7-10 day for the shipping.

Only my girlfriend is happy about those news cause she knows that wen this game comes live my only thought will be Middle -Earth partido_risa.gif

You should be filling the waiting period with other M-E games, Middle-Earth Quest, Lord of the Rings (the board game), Hobbit, War of the Ring gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Dam said:

You should be filling the waiting period with other M-E games, Middle-Earth Quest, Lord of the Rings (the board game), Hobbit, War of the Ring gui%C3%B1o.gif .

I still play LOTR tcg with some friends and with home rules but i want somethink new.Also i am reading Silmarilion again lengua.gif

Well, at least you're doing something right (not the LotR TCG part lengua.gif ), since Silmarillion is for me the best M-E book. Everything is on a larger, more epic scale from LotR, victories and defeats feel more critical and important. Nowadays I don't really even try to read LotR anymore, it just feels so small potatoes compared to the events in Silmarillion.

Dam said:

Well, at least you're doing something right (not the LotR TCG part lengua.gif ), since Silmarillion is for me the best M-E book. Everything is on a larger, more epic scale from LotR, victories and defeats feel more critical and important. Nowadays I don't really even try to read LotR anymore, it just feels so small potatoes compared to the events in Silmarillion.

I cant agree more with you.Silmarilion is a masterpiece.

Without Silmarilion you cant realy understand the events and the characters of LOTR trilogy.LOTR alone is a great story but with Silmarilion you can see the diference between a great story and a masterpiece.

As for the Lotr tcg was a nice game at the begining but i am not sure that those guys in Desipher know many things about Tolkiens lore (Gimli ringbearer???) sorpresa.gif