What planes do you want to see in miniature serie 4?

By Pour Le Merite, in Wings of War (WWI)

wavynavy said:

an early war set would be nice say a avro 504,DH2,nieuport 11,a taube,eindecker,alboros D1/D11,

The Rumpler Taube? preocupado.gif

The Sundance Kid said:

Yeah, that makes sense -- an aerial combat game featuring airplanes which *don't carry guns*....

Teach the kiddiewinkies a nice moral lesson, that will.

"Ok, I play my 'wave' card." "I play 'obscene hand gesture'." "You lose." :)

csadn said:

The Sundance Kid said:

Yeah, that makes sense -- an aerial combat game featuring airplanes which *don't carry guns*....

Teach the kiddiewinkies a nice moral lesson, that will.

"Ok, I play my 'wave' card." "I play 'obscene hand gesture'." "You lose." :)

no it had a weapon, a pistol

a new damage deck would be need though

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1, 1, 1 1, 1

something like that ^ partido_risa.gif

I would really like to see the Fokker EI....The plane was so important to the German forces...

thk you Airboy

I am surprised no one has asked for the Brisfit yet, though I must admit I don't know what Central Powers plane you would match it against.

A later British 2 seater would be nice - the Bristol F.2b would be my first choice.

There are some nice photos on the Wingnut Wings web site.

Oh, and definitely a Gotha from the other side of the trenches!

i'd like to see the sopwith triplane.....also would request Fokker E.IV w/ Leutnant Oswald Boelke or how about Fokker Dr.1 w/ Leutnant Lothar von Richthofen or an early version of the red baron in his LFG Roland C.II (maybe in set 5?)

No question the Sopwith Tri Plane must be in series 4...

i too would like to see the sopwith tri-plane!

Simply every plane (type) with a card in the box sets and the boosters. I would be happy to repaint planes to match cards already in print, since I have started to do so already. Anyone figured out how to paste a photo of an original repaint onto a card file yet? I'm no good at drawing. Is it possible for someone to create a set of cards with no color in the plane sillohette to be "painted" in?

Charlie3 said:

Simply every plane (type) with a card in the box sets and the boosters. I would be happy to repaint planes to match cards already in print, since I have started to do so already. Anyone figured out how to paste a photo of an original repaint onto a card file yet? I'm no good at drawing. Is it possible for someone to create a set of cards with no color in the plane sillohette to be "painted" in?

That is not enough for me, there are still planes without cards. I would like every plane that was actually in combat during the great war. That probably leaves out Sopwith Salamander unless they make a expansion for the warin russia 1919 (they actually used Snipe a lot there also).

I want odder planes like Fokker EIV and DIII. Anything that was actually used at the front. But they can't make that in a single serie so start with the common planes, not more odd superplanes like the Snipe that rarely was used in battle. I still want those, but for serie 9+

As for the cards I really can't see what their colour matters, but maybe that is just me. You could of course scan the cards and then edit them, print them out in colour and glue them to cards of the right size but it seems like a lot of work to me, I rather spend all that work with painting more planes instead. You can't own too many planes :)

I would like to see a push plane as a mini gran_risa.gif

The Sundance Kid said:

I would like to see a push plane as a mini gran_risa.gif

There are some talk about a DH2, I would guess it will show up in series 4 or 5. Most of the pushers were used relativley early in the war but the Dh2 was used long into 1917 and it was used by Aces like Hawker, so it is a good plane for 1916, early 1917.

Most other famous pushers are like the Vickers Gunbus mostly for bombing or recon, not actual dogfights.

Pour Le Merite said:

Most other famous pushers are like the Vickers Gunbus mostly for bombing or recon, not actual dogfights.

Vickers Gunbus was designed as a fighter and did engage as that in its early history. Once faster and more agile aircraft (not very long after) came about it was reduced to recon and bombing.

Even at that still worth having a mini for recon missions for early war engagements.

The Sundance Kid said:

Pour Le Merite said:

Vickers Gunbus was designed as a fighter and did engage as that in its early history. Once faster and more agile aircraft (not very long after) came about it was reduced to recon and bombing.

Even at that still worth having a mini for recon missions for early war engagements.

Let me clarify myself, the plane was designed as a fighter/recon but performed rather pathetic. It was the first brittish fighter plane in the war (with no 11 sqadron) and did shot down a few enemys. But it was soon first moved to recon/ bombing and after that became a trainer.

But it is still not something for the next series of plane. Once all common planes have been made they should release it of course, it is however not as widely usedor performed as well as the DH2 and therefor I say that the DH2 is the perfectchoice for the firts "pusher" model.

I want every plane that was in combat as a model but we still misses some rather important planes like Sopwith Triplane, SE5 and Pfalz DIII.

Then we have planes that were made in fewer number but were used by some famous aces like Fokker DIII (Boelke, Udet) and Roland DII (M. Richtoffen, Spad XII (Guynemer) and therefor get on my secondary wishlist.

On the third list is where i like to place the gunbus with planes like the Taube monoplane.

Of course I would like them all and now but that ain't gonna happen so some priorities are in Order. Aw, I will write my list anyways:

1. Planes I want as soon as possible: Albatross DII, Albatross CII, Fokker EIII, Halberstadt CLII, Pfalz DIII, DH2, Nieuport 11/16, Sopwith Pup, Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, Sopwith Triplane, Breuget 14, SE5/SE5a, Sopwith Dolphin.

All these planes were used a lot and were good planes for it's time. They will all make the game more interestingand every single one of them had several aces piloting them. They all seen a lot more combat then the Snipe...

It is unfortunate that there has not been a SE5a mini up to this point.

After all, this was one of the most important airplanes of the war.

The list of SE5 aces goes on and on:

Bishop, McCudden, Mannock, Ball, Beauchamp-Proctor, McElroy, Claxton, etc.

I am glad to hear that it will finally appear in the next series. Sign me up for a McCudden or a Claxton.

Dom's Decals do WAW scale insignia, both generic and for a few squadrons.

Since the SE5a and Spad VII have already been pencilled in as future releases, I'd also like to see the Sopwith Pup, DH2, Nieuport 24 and BE2c as official models (or at least cards since I can get kits for them).

IRM said:

Dom's Decals do WAW scale insignia, both generic and for a few squadrons.

Since the SE5a and Spad VII have already been pencilled in as future releases, I'd also like to see the Sopwith Pup, DH2, Nieuport 24 and BE2c as official models (or at least cards since I can get kits for them).

I think it will be a long time until they releases a Nieuport 24/27. It wasn't that popular even if Nungesser prefered it to the Spad VII and most planes went to england who had too few SE5s and needed something to use instead. I think we will see a Nieuport 28 sooner, it differs more in performance and look from the 17 (even though it wasn't that popular either, but there are many yanks playing wow and they put the 28 to good use.

But isn't the DH2 announced? I think I seen Andrea saying something about it and Fokker EIII somewhere.

The pup is great against Albatross DII, Roland DII and Fokker DIII so if they make a series for late 1916 it is perfect. Or a seaplane expansion, the Pup was the first plane to ever land on a ship (but you know that of course:).

I would like to see 4 sets.

1 Verdun. With DH2, Fokker DIII (or Roland DII, or even Halberstadt DII), Nieuport 11 and Fokker EIII.

1 Late 1916 with Pup (or SW triplane), Albatross DII, Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter (both 1 and 2 seater version for both france and UK) and DFW CIV.

1 with eastern front planes, Hansa-Brandenburgh DI, Phonix DI, Ansaldo SV5A and Ilya Muromets.

Then a Pack with odder experimental planes like the Siemens Schuckert DIV and Fokker EV/DVIII. Even it out with a Sopwith Dolphin and maybe a Salmson 2A or something. The Salamander and Martinsyde unfortunately never saw any action.

I think these 4 packs would add a lot to the game, particularly the 3 first. 1916 is really lacking a lot and they should add some of the special eastern front scouts. a Russian plane is also a must now. The 4th pack is more for fun, there were many interesting planes from 1918, so much more than Fokker DVII and the Snipe (which saw very little action, like the SS DIV).