Potential Characters of Grimm

By Kalvinhobbes, in Grimm RPG

She is still a good guy, and she is still trying to find a way home. While she lost a lot of her innocence Wonderland and to the rest of the Grimmlands(She has been all around, you see), she was never truly corrupted by them. Her many years there made her more dark-ish and cynical(Not to mention more violent) but if the kids meet her and tell her of a possible way out, she may turn out to be a very helpful ally.

Hmm. Now there's an idea. If Alice is able to return to the real world, she would be returned to the time that she left(1865 when the book was publish if it doesn't give a different year in the book), like in the Chronicles of Narnia when someone leaves Narnia and comes back to our world. But the children would be returned to their own time as well, most likely the present I would assume. After their adventure, one of the children s looking through an old family photo album and finds a picture of Alice, which turns out to be that character's great, great, etc. grandmother. Just a thought.

This seems so... Movie like. Freaking funking awesome.

Either that or Alice ends up in the modern days, but that would probably be some sort of romantic comedy... So big no.

LOL!

Hey Alchemist, where do you live? If you want to respond in PM form that is fine of course. Maybe we live close enough to get together for some Grimm.

If we do, I will be very very happy.

Unfortunatly the chances of this are really, really low, as I live in Ra'anana, Israel.

Where are you from?

I'm from Dayton, Ohio, USA. Not even close.

Well, it was a nice try. I was born in the US(New York, my parants learned there) but I moved here when I was very young.

Uhh... guys? No offense, but what just happened?

If you mean what we were talking about before the spam came, than it was about Alice Liddel's character in Grimm.

?

>>I see. To be honest, I never read Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. I've only seen the movies.<<

Go read them ... go read them now. Lewis Carroll was one of the most brilliant children's story writers in the last two centuries - his Alice books do, indeed, deserve all the praise and attention they have received.

>>and while you are there your reflection is out in the other place causing troubles. It looks just like you, so you may get into serious problems when you go back.<<

The mirror ways are a good idea. This quote here sounds like it came directly from "Jags Wonderland", not that I'm complaining, it is a wonderful setting well worth taking bits and pieces from. And, of course, free is a very good price. ( http://www.jagsrpg.org/ )

>>The Mad Hatter and the March Hair are...well...mad. But in the crazy, topsy turvy world of Grimm, they have actually become some of the most sane NPCs you'll run across.<<

Can't say I'm fond of this idea. The Madd Hatter was madd even by the standards of Wonderland - which was saying something. You would do a disservice to the character by making him "sane by comparison"

>>They spend their days drinking tea and will tell you anything you want to know if you are able to make them the perfect cup of tea(Home-Ec test of 6). But, even then, their answers are usually riddles.<<

I think I'd do something more in line with how the Hatter is portrayed in American McGee's Alice - the twisted ruler of a Clockwork realm of maddness and horror.

I just downloaded and read some of this JAGS Wonderland game. It sounds really really nice. Hmm do you know where the actual system is? Because I can't figure all those numbers and mechanics and they don't seem to be anywhere in the book...

I never used the Jags system, as it seemed too number heavy for what I wanted, however I believe you can get both of their systems (Jags and Jags-2) at their website ( http://www.jagsrpg.org/ ) for free.

Thank you. I will check it out anyway, even thaugh, like you, I also don't like crunchy systems very much.

The setting is full of very useful fluff, however, so I encourage anyone to look into that at least.

Since you have obviously read the books, Jck of Tears, what do you think the Chesire Cat would be like in the Grimmlands?

Enigmatic and mysterious - sometimes oracle and sometimes demon.

He is a keeper and collector of secrets; his nose ending up everywhere it doesn't belong. His ability to come and go as he pleases makes him arogant in the extreme and unconcerned with the plights of those he leaves behind.

A true sociopath nothing really matters to him but his own amusement - sometimes this means sticking it to the powers-that-be by helping the pcs ... sometimes it means leading people into turmoil and seeing how they get themselves out.

No matter the situation you find him - or he finds himself - he never loses his cool and always gives off the impression that he is in complete control; whether or not that is true.

Very witty and very clever he could be a mover and shaker in the Grimm lands if he wanted ... but being a cat he is also lazy and that sort of thing would merely be a burdon to him and cut into his nap time.

We must remember that in our game, neither the cat nor any other character is a Wonderland Caretaker(Which is, as far as I understand now, some sort of semi divine alien "entity"). We can't really use their JAGS versions here.

Obviously, the information an anything in the Jags book would need to taken for its fluf alone. My take on the Cheshire Cat had nothing to do with it's Jags counterpart.

That said, there are powerful movers and shakers - including kings, queens, maddmen, etc. in Grimm, so there is no reason why one can't take inspiration.

Then there's the Land of Oz, which is also just ripe for the plucking. (I fully intend to use the city of glass, for example)

Oz is good, but I belive it will encourage munchkins. Hehe.

I was thinking about Oz as well. I think it would be interesting to see the interaction between the wicked witch(es) and the Rotten King. Do you think they would be allies or enemies?

Jack of Tears said:

>>I see. To be honest, I never read Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. I've only seen the movies.<<

Go read them ... go read them now. Lewis Carroll was one of the most brilliant children's story writers in the last two centuries - his Alice books do, indeed, deserve all the praise and attention they have received.

>>and while you are there your reflection is out in the other place causing troubles. It looks just like you, so you may get into serious problems when you go back.<<

The mirror ways are a good idea. This quote here sounds like it came directly from "Jags Wonderland", not that I'm complaining, it is a wonderful setting well worth taking bits and pieces from. And, of course, free is a very good price. ( http://www.jagsrpg.org/ )

>>The Mad Hatter and the March Hair are...well...mad. But in the crazy, topsy turvy world of Grimm, they have actually become some of the most sane NPCs you'll run across.<<

Can't say I'm fond of this idea. The Madd Hatter was madd even by the standards of Wonderland - which was saying something. You would do a disservice to the character by making him "sane by comparison"

>>They spend their days drinking tea and will tell you anything you want to know if you are able to make them the perfect cup of tea(Home-Ec test of 6). But, even then, their answers are usually riddles.<<

I think I'd do something more in line with how the Hatter is portrayed in American McGee's Alice - the twisted ruler of a Clockwork realm of maddness and horror.

So... what, the Mad Hatter's a student from the Clocktower who didn't quite "take" to being Clockhearted?

Also, I think most wicked witches might be willing to work with the Rotten King (if it furthered their own ends), particularly Elphaba, the so-called "Wicked Witch of the West", who might work with him in order to get revenge on the not-so-Wonderful Wizard of OZ.

There's another one, what would the 'Wizard' be like?

While the Wizard can be quite kind at times, he honestly is a bit unscrupulous, and has no powers of his own, and thus mooches off others' work. An ordinary man who came to OZ purely by accident, the Wizard now finds himself trapped in a kingdom under siege, with many people thinking that either he has some plan to save OZ, or is acting out. He has absolutely NO idea what he's doing, and is terrified that he'll finally be exposed as a fraud. His only hope is that someone (ie, the PCs) will step in and do his job for him...

And by "acting out", I mean "acting out that plan".