Where do I get my ducats from?

By Ratnic, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

I have looked every where, but that does not mean I have done a great job looking.

At the beginning of the game when no one has ducats; where do I get the 2 ducats to pay for losing to the Militiaman?

Do I write an IOU to the Bank? or does each player start with a number of ducats?

The only way I see to get ducats during a game is to complete missions. But what if I do not have a chance to complete a mission for 2-3 rounds. Those Militiamen can come at you pretty fast.

Also, what is the value of the different colored ducats? Are they all the same value of 1 ducat each; just different colors.

Found the worth of each coin:

Bronze = 1 Ducat

Silver = 5 Ducats

Gold = 10 Ducats

But what happens when a character loses a fight and the player has no treasure or ducats?

Ratnic said:

But what happens when a character loses a fight and the player has no treasure or ducats?

If you have no ducats (or in the case of other gangs attacking you, no treasure) then you simply are moved three spaces away.

That is what I was doing, just wanted to see what others might be doing.

Thanks for the input!!

I love this game, and my friends love it too.

If one Member of your Gang opens a Chest you will get 2 Ducats, not only if you complete Missions.

Thought it was one ducat for opening a chest?!!

Ratnic - you the ratnic that produces miniatures and based in Russia?

Otherwise we play it exactly the same. If you have ducats you pay, if not you don't and just run off the same as usual.

One thing we discussed in our game last night is the possibility of militia men forcing you to a treasure if beaten. It could be placed in the nearest empty building perhaps?

Yeah it's one ducat for opening a chest.

Does anyone read the rules?

I don't think it's a good idea to have militia men trying to steal specific treasures, but we are playing with a house rule that when you a treasure because you have exceeded your limit, you it right there, instead of in "an empty building," which seems completely unrealistic.