Who's here ?

By Johan Scipion, in CoC General Discussion

Used to be known as Bloated Star back in the COC CCG days. I'm back, but don't know for how long. Fraid I'm not much of an insider anymore, but I don't mind as part of the reason I jumped ship was that I took the "switch" of the game really quite personal after all of my dedication and hard work to promote the game for free. I'll be at Con Of The North in Saint Paul and will likely be helping with the COC events.

Huh? Were you on the old boards? Don't recognize the handle.

cahir said:

Master of R'lyeh said:

Still taking sacrifices demonio.gif

Oh no! my awatar so similar to your preocupado.gif goodbye pen-pen llorando.gif hello, to others aplauso.gif

I was referring to this post btw.. So what is the deal, we can't edit our posts? That will get ugly fast.

Yeah I was very active in the CCG days as the Minneapolis Servitor "Bloated Star," and quit both the game and boards right after Forgotten Cities was released.

Pandafarmer said:

Yeah I was very active in the CCG days as the Minneapolis Servitor "Bloated Star," and quit both the game and boards right after Forgotten Cities was released.

Good to see both new and veteran players (re)start the game! The kind of enthusiasm that's in the air right now will take a game a long way.

Hi everyone.

I' m in. Still don't know if I like this forums more than the previous ones, but I guess we have to get used to them. And it's true they almost the same than the Spanish editor of FFG games. Should we forget the other forums and just post here?

Can't wait to put my hands on the core set. Why is taking so long? We must be very loyal.

Im new to COC but im here anyway. Looking forward to the Core Set! Wooo

Hi everyone, I made it.

Pandafarmer said:

Used to be known as Bloated Star back in the COC CCG days. I'm back, but don't know for how long. Fraid I'm not much of an insider anymore, but I don't mind as part of the reason I jumped ship was that I took the "switch" of the game really quite personal after all of my dedication and hard work to promote the game for free. I'll be at Con Of The North in Saint Paul and will likely be helping with the COC events.

I remember you (and I think your name was Pete, correct?). I think I met you at GenCon or Origins a few times back in the day. Welcome back!

Jim

Again? WOW!

How long will this latest forum last?

My original manifestation on forums #1 was 'Hybrid' but I changed

providers and became 'darkbater'. On forums #2 I became 'Meat herd'

and now I've come full-circle back to 'Hybrid'. sorpresa.gif

I love this new look, and it seems the speed is being reasonable tonight...maybe something was fixed :)

Hawknight said:

I love this new look, and it seems the speed is being reasonable tonight...maybe something was fixed :)

ive noticed that too. but there are still other issues with this board, sadly.

Hastur said:

Pandafarmer said:

I remember you (and I think your name was Pete, correct?). I think I met you at GenCon or Origins a few times back in the day. Welcome back!

Jim

Yep! I was doing demos and helping run events at GC a couple of years in a row (was there to witness the Rainbow fiasco first hand), but I took the whole shift to non-collectible a little hard and jumped ship and sold all of my cards. I had spent a lot of my personal time to come in to the office and take care of things while they were transitioning after Casey left, and really poured my heart into the community and felt a little wounded (no pun intended). To their credit, I was one of the first people to find out, but it didn't lessen the blow much. I got over it obviously, and view the relaunch as a good way to return to the game on a very casual level. Expect to see me helping at Con Of The North, and possibly this year's GenCon, but I also don't want to use my vacation time to work all day if you know what I mean! Even if the work is fun, it's still pretty exhausting! :D

Hello all. Welcome Gallagen. It was used to all the old "handles." I got to know your posts. This guy is a syndicate master. That guy plays shub. He won this. He runs that. He's part of this meta. She..(well we've got Morgan).That makes a community. That feel got a little shattered with the switch, for me at least. Who are we now, a sub state of the FFG gaming uber collection? I really don't want to be the White Boarder Master of R'yleh guy regarding the new boards. But phooey! (full respect Master) I'm staring at white text on shades of dull blue gray. I find myself squinting and peering into my screen. The look is like some pharmacutocal company or any such random site. Where the hell's cthulhu? Where are the tentacles? I feel like I'm retrograding into the awful Bush era - sacrificing everything for security. Where's our history? Where's the color brown, or black, or red or yellow? I'm in neon land. And it's slooooow as..Anyway, Ancient Horrors has shipped! I'd sum up a nice preview with what's been spoiled, but I'm exhausted from ranting.

I

I be here as well (HiredMistake/Gnarlythotep).

I'm here too. Though I don't know if I'll visit much. This new site is really cluttered and hard to read. It seems with each new board, FFG goes for more flashy stuff that makes posts harder to read.