More questions

By Nerdmeister, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Hi there, just got city of thieves and after a session a few questions popped up:

1) Do the guards count as characters? (important for skills and cards that say you can bypass characters)

2) Can characters from the same gang pass through each others spaces? (doesn´t explicitly say so but it seems logical that they would be able to)

3) Are you required to have at least 1 loot of the correct type to turn in a mission, thus receiving 0 ducats for it? (if you can see the person next to you stands to gain alot of ducats from a mission turn-in and you want to prevent that)

4) Scenario 5 has a setup with some hostages and some zombies. Does turning over a token and either fighting a zombie or rescueing a hostage count as the action for that character? (important if the room also contains some treasure you might wanna spend an action getting your hands on)

1) Yes, so you can dodge them. Although it should be noted that they are not enemy characters, so you can't niggling injury them

2) No, pg.14, All Characters Block movement.

3) You need at least 1 of the treasure to use a mission card. pg 19, it's even in bold.

4)The scenario doesn't mention anything about using up your action when you rescue a hostage, so I would have to say it doesn't count as such. However it does say that when you fight a Zombie, that fight ends the characters activation. Also, it mentions that when you end up in a room with a token, you must end your move there and turn it over, so no being batman and swooping in and out with a hostage.

ok thanks alot for the input. I appreciate it

Hmm, I would say that even under normal circumstances you cannot run in and then out anyway. I am pretty sure it states that each character can only perform one move and one action per turn. Running in and out would require two moves.

In addition the 'Run' arcane card stipulates that it is added to the characters 'move' and would suggest that it is played when they move and cannot be used as an additional movement say after they have performed another action.

McFonz, GrimWizard meant you can't walk into and out of a room in the same movement, although hostages come with you automatically.

Nerdmeister, the answers to all your questions were in the rules, man, but I agree with you that you should be able to run by characters of your own gang. This is one of three rules we have simply changed. Everyone I play with, and that's been a dozen people so far, disagree with that rule and don't see a need for it, so consider making it a house rule. It adds to the realism of the game.

GrimWizard, for what reason can members of your own gang not move through each other? I hope there is some playtested reason for this. Otherwise we will all continue to ignore it.