Sung in a Pitch as Dark as Night >> Announcing the Witch's Song, a new WFRP Adventure!

By FFG DanielC, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce The Witch's Song, a new adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

You can read the announcement, as well as a sneak peek of the adventure, here .

Remember that you can read about many of our forthcoming products in our Sifting Through Shadows document, which is available here .

Enjoy the game!

Excellent! I always look forwards to new scenarios.

jh

This one looks absolutely delicious. Very much looking forward to it! And hedge magic, at last!

Yes, finaly we have this announcment - The Witch's Song is coming. gran_risa.gif

With new magic rules for Hedge Magic, new spells and a great adventure set in the wild marshes.

And that amazing cover. babeo.gif

Have anyone notice this assasin on that tree that looks like a Dark Elf? And tgis Witch Hunter is looking cool.

I hope this will be released at the end of january 2011. gui%C3%B1o.gif

It says late Winter, which I'd say means March.

Darrett said:

Not even close - it's already on the boat! gran_risa.gif So January/Febuary 2011 it is! gran_risa.gif

ffgfan said:

Darrett said:

Not even close - it's already on the boat! gran_risa.gif So January/Febuary 2011 it is! gran_risa.gif

I'll believe it when I see it, hopefully you're right.

I suppose you can call February "late" winter.

Darrett said:

Febuary is still winter - even the end of winter and March is the beginning of Spring. gui%C3%B1o.gif

ffgfan said:

Darrett said:

Febuary is still winter - even the end of winter and March is the beginning of Spring. gui%C3%B1o.gif

You might just be a glass half full person to my glass half empty on this one :P

When I saw late winter, I instantly thought March, since Winter ends in late March. Again, hoping you're right about the January release, it'd mean I could have it by February or March, depending on Amazon's speed.

Ok, so as far as I know those are the release date for future products:

The Witch's Song - febuary 2011

Omens Of War - april 2011

Black Fire Pass - april/may 2011

I hope those will be true becouse I can't wait for many new products for WFRP.

Isn't if kinda weird that Black Fire Pass is released so "late" as there's also an intro adventure to it to be downloaded? Not that I'm complaining. I'll have my witches first thank you very much. But just a thought.

doc_cthulhu said:

Isn't if kinda weird that Black Fire Pass is released so "late" as there's also an intro adventure to it to be downloaded? Not that I'm complaining. I'll have my witches first thank you very much. But just a thought.

I agre with You Doc, that's something that I can't explain. But still the first half of next year will bring many really good products. I can't wait for every one of those.

Being finished whit TGS...any news if this module is a mini-campaign (at least), the start of a larger, modular campaign (hopefully) or yet another (quite useless) stand alone adventure?

I would appreciate any rumors at this...'cos at the moment I don't know if continue whit WFRP, since i dont have any solid 3e adventures to run my players in...

Looks like another stand alone scenario.

Edge Of The Night has got a LOT of content in Ubersreik beside the main plot with all those NPCs, mysteries, ideas of introduction...

I also recommend Winds are Changing (from Winds of Change supplement) with a full platz described in Altdorf and a solid plot/investigation running against time.

Note that Horror at Hugeldal is a nice Stand Alone to introduce characters and obscure plot in your different adventures.

I wonder if it really will show up in febuary becouse I heared that there are some delays. So this makes the release date 8th febuary a big "?". Let's hope that this won't be daleyed.

Rereading the announcenemt I once again came over the name of the fishing village: Fauligmere. Some of the names are so funny, that's one of the many reasons why I love Warhammer Fantasy. Another beautiful example is the name of the river Tranig. Although with german players you sometimes have to change some of the names, because they are too telling ;)

So what does "Fauligmere" translate to?

I didn't get anything out of the translators online.

I am not german but I think faulig means something along the lines of putrid.

Now that this is available in stores, has anyone ordered it from Amazon?

Or Amazon.ca, for that matter? Mine's been delayed until MAY. Ouch.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

well, in my online store in the netherlands there was 7th of May 2011 from the start... ill ask in Poland

Gallows said:

I am not german but I think faulig means something along the lines of putrid.

Exactly: http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende〈=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=faulig

(Also the famous line from Hamlet, there is something rotten (in Kislev :) ) translates to german with "faul", so the name Fauligmere for a fishing village not only hints to rank smells and rotten fish, but also to the fact, that something else is wrong there.)

"Mere" is not actually a german word. But it sounds like "Meer", i.d. the sea, or "mehr", which means more.

Yes, that's absolutely true. (Good catch with the Hamlet-quote, korknadel).

Moreover, it is spelled like the work "foul".

Graf said:

Yes, that's absolutely true. (Good catch with the Hamlet-quote, korknadel).

Moreover, it is spelled like the work "foul".

I could also be "Märe" which means sth. like a narrative poem. Sth. like a Fairytale gone bad, maybe.

Obviously it's still not yet available in Europe.

I'm not good at waiting.

I was quite patient with the Guides and Vaults, but with a new "real" boxed supplement, it is a different thing.