Why don't you join the second french League?

By MonsieurPoulet, in Arkham Horror League

The guy which keep monsters as trophies when closing gates isn't he Navas? Or something like that? My mistake, it's Paul G. Red. Well, both of them can be used in the first scenario. And even in further scenario I think.

Yep, i got the scenario and, in the first one, you can use the following investigators only:

Navas, Red, Vincent Lee, Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe and Darrell Simmons.

Hugues said:

The guy which keep monsters as trophies when closing gates isn't he Navas? Or something like that? My mistake, it's Paul G. Red. Well, both of them can be used in the first scenario. And even in further scenario I think.

Yep, i got the scenario and, in the first one, you can use the following investigators only:

Navas, Red, Vincent Lee, Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe and Darrell Simmons.

Thank you for checking on the original french scenario Hugues!

No problem :)

It's not like if French was my native language... Oh wait, in fact, it is :D

Thanks for your input on all the rules clarifications! I missed this thread earlier. One question I have is whether any Elder signs used to seal gates will be lost for future scenarios? I assume not, even if all investigators are later devoured.

Well, i guess items removed from the game when used will be put back in the next scenario. But if you have an elder sign when you are knocked inconscious or driven insane, the item will be removed from the game until the end of the league.

It's not an official ruling, but it seems logical from my point of view.

Hi! Scenario 3 is out. Again, it's the same as Weyoun's translation .

MonsieurPoulet said:

Hi! Scenario 3 is out. Again, it's the same as Weyoun's translation .

That's great :-) I'm done with the first two Scenario (even if I still have to submit scores, because of some e-mail troubles). Anyway, can't wait to beat Atlach

I have a little problem with Scenario 3: surfing through the pages of the Edgeent forum I noticed that in all the reports related to Scenario 3 Darrell was used. But Darrell was not included in the investigators pool. Am I missing something?

Thanks for answering on the French forum, Hugues!

You're welcome :)

I would answer here, but i hadn't see your post last time i checked. Feel free to ask other question. Even if it's in english on the french part. You could have a quicker answer.

Hugues said:

You're welcome :)

I would answer here, but i hadn't see your post last time i checked. Feel free to ask other question. Even if it's in english on the french part. You could have a quicker answer.

Ok then! Thx!

@MonsieurPoulet or Hugues:

I noticed you're talking about the question of which invetigators were allowed to be carried over from Scenario to Scenario during the French league. Unfortunately, I haven't understood what MonsieurPoulet said. Anyone can gently translate this reply in English? Sorry for my asking, but I need to know how to play. Thanks!

Sure.

He was suprized about what i told you, about keeping guys even if not in the pool. He wasn't agree with my review, cause you could keep the same team all along the league and have at the end, really stuffed guys.

And then, he discovered where the decision was made. And mainly by whom. It was Anarkia, the moderator from our space (i guess). So i think MisterPoulet doesn't agree that decision. But that's an official ruling from our mod. But, still, you can play as you like :)

Hope it helps :)

Hugues said:

Sure.

He was suprized about what i told you, about keeping guys even if not in the pool. He wasn't agree with my review, cause you could keep the same team all along the league and have at the end, really stuffed guys.

And then, he discovered where the decision was made. And mainly by whom. It was Anarkia, the moderator from our space (i guess). So i think MisterPoulet doesn't agree that decision. But that's an official ruling from our mod. But, still, you can play as you like :)

Hope it helps :)

Ok! I guessed it was said something like that, but I wasn't sure about the final verdict :-) Thanks a lot for helping me even this time Hugues!

Hugues said:

Hugues, you're right: I don't find that this ruling is a good idea. It's the moderators decision and I can live with it.

It's ok to have fun playing the game but if you remove all the rules that make the game a little harder, and the victories much more interesting, well I don't see the point. I remember playing the Tree on the Hill scenario on the Spanish League, and it took us at least six or seven games to win it. The winning thrill was so incredible and the tension before drawing the last mythos card was unbelievable. If I want to play an easy game, I can play using only the base game. The Leagues shoulb be there for a little challenge.

And I think that some teams will be able to boost character possessions from scenario to scenario. Some teams even trade items to the investigators they know they will use on the next scenario. Imagine a team of four Investigators with two Investigators receiving the items of the four Investigators at the end of scenario 1. At the beginning of the next scenario, they start with two new Investigators with all their starting possessions AND the two boosted ones. In the long run, that's a lot of possessions.

But, like Hugues says, we can play as we like, and I'll accept that ruling with all the serenity that I can.

BUT! It's random Investigators for us! Yeah, the deception to draw Vincent Lee!

Hi there!

I noticed that Scenario 5 is now up; I skimmed the french version and compared with Weyoun's translation. It seems to me that no changes were made. Could anyone confirm this?
Thanx!

JULIA

Think you're right.

Just a thing with the Curiosity Shop, the french text seems weird. I myself have difficulties to understand it :) Looks like you can buy an unique item by sellin one of yours for half the price... But you should go like the english version, sounds better.

Ok then! Thank you for the feedback :-)

EHm.. any news regarding Scenario 6 or updating the scores? I submitted my score for Scenario 5 something like one month ago... it seems to me like it's a little... dead. I've read an Anarkia post saying that they have to finish the Descent league, but I didn't get all the points. If anyone could help me, it would be great!

Julia said:

EHm.. any news regarding Scenario 6 or updating the scores? I submitted my score for Scenario 5 something like one month ago... it seems to me like it's a little... dead. I've read an Anarkia post saying that they have to finish the Descent league, but I didn't get all the points. If anyone could help me, it would be great!

Hi Julia.

In fact the Descent League took some time, but it's not the main point (and it's over, so won't bother anymore).

It seems that the loading of scores went wrong twice the last 2 weeks. And the scenario 6 should be posted tomorrow.

Ok then! Can't wait to play the next one! Thx for the quick feedback :-)

Scenario 6 is online !!!

Thank you Hugues! I noticed it :-) I hope to be able to play this one on Sunday :-)

wow , sounds great .

its amazing how so many people can get togetehr to have fun , even though most or all never met in person .

Hugues,

any news about scores being updated? I submitted yesterday my score for Scenario 8, but general scores seem to be stuck at Scenario 5!