Why don't you join the second french League?

By MonsieurPoulet, in Arkham Horror League

Hello people,

Edge Entertainment, the bunch who edit the french edition of AH, just started their second League. The League is similar to the second spanish League, with some minors changes though. The League will have 10 scenarios and will run from november to june 2011. You need to subscribe to the League before sending your results. Some prizes will be drawn, but might consist in french editions of AH products... Consider yourself warned!

If I get ten positive replies to this message, I'm ready to translate or correct the scenarios already translated by Weyoun. Anyone interested?

MonsieurPoulet said:

Hello people,

Edge Entertainment, the bunch who edit the french edition of AH, just started their second League. The League is similar to the second spanish League, with some minors changes though. The League will have 10 scenarios and will run from november to june 2011. You need to subscribe to the League before sending your results. Some prizes will be drawn, but might consist in french editions of AH products... Consider yourself warned!

If I get ten positive replies to this message, I'm ready to translate or correct the scenarios already translated by Weyoun. Anyone interested?

I'm currently playing through the scenarios of the second Spanish League (yesterday I finished the 4th scenario). Unless the scenarios play noticeably different in the French League, I probably wouldn't be interested. I'm just playing the scenarios for fun, not because I'm interested in prices.

jhaelen said:

> The question for me is 'How minor are these changes?'

> I'm currently playing through the scenarios of the second Spanish League (yesterday
> I finished the 4th scenario). Unless the scenarios play noticeably different in the French
> League, I probably wouldn't be interested. I'm just playing the scenarios for fun, not
> because I'm interested in prices.

The second rule is a bit different : an investigator can also keep his money from one scenario to the other. The third rule changes some stuff from the base rules. That's it for now. Only the first scenario is online.

You can also have fun while playing the League and see how good you fare compared to the other teams. The results page is better looking than FFGs. See the results page from the First French League .

As for prizes you could always send them to me . gui%C3%B1o.gif

MonsieurPoulet said:

You can also have fun while playing the League and see how good you fare compared to the other teams. The results page is better looking than FFGs. See the results page from the First French League .

As for prizes you could always send them to me . gui%C3%B1o.gif

demonio.gif

I think what would be interesting, and require less work from you would be to just compare the scenarios and investigators from the French League to the ones from the Spanish League and post the differences.

I've found the English translation (available for download from BGG) of the material from Spanish quite good. I don't think it would be worth the effort to translate it all again, if there are only minor differences.

P.S.: Yesterday I finished the fifth scenario with surprisingly little difficulty. Let's see if the sixth scenario (with the custom board!) proves harder today...

(I somewhat doubt it, since the setup seems to favor going for an early final combat against Hastur - but maybe I'll be proven wrong cool.gif )

Is there an official something summarizing the rules you're talking about? I didn't play the spanish league yet, and I don't know what rules you're referring too. I'd lik to partecipate to the French league, but I'd like to know something more, when possible!

Julia said:

Is there an official something summarizing the rules you're talking about? I didn't play the spanish league yet, and I don't know what rules you're referring too. I'd lik to partecipate to the French league, but I'd like to know something more, when possible!

To get a rapid overview of the second French League, download Weyoun's translation of the first scenario of the Spanish League . You will get the Three Rules, which are in addition to the official rules, the first scenario and two custom Investigators needed for the League.

The French League differs a little from that material, butI could keep the non-french speaking participants informed of any changes.

Thank you for the link. I skimmed the rules and the scenarios and.. they're pretty tough. I'd be lovable playing them all, but unfortunately this kind of stuff requires some time to be done properly. And I suppose the League has a strict time-table. It's be easier for me playing the scenarios, but without partecipating in the League (it'd have been different if they were comparable to the ones from the first league, but...)

Julia said:

Thank you for the link. I skimmed the rules and the scenarios and.. they're pretty tough. I'd be lovable playing them all, but unfortunately this kind of stuff requires some time to be done properly. And I suppose the League has a strict time-table. It's be easier for me playing the scenarios, but without partecipating in the League (it'd have been different if they were comparable to the ones from the first league, but...)

Yep there is a time-table.

And of July for the 10 scenarii I guess.

Hugues said:

And of July for the 10 scenarii I guess.

More like 1st of July.

After careful thinking and a lot of scheduling excercises, I changed my mind. I'll participate to the league, if it's still possible to subscribe :-)

Julia said:

After careful thinking and a lot of scheduling excercises, I changed my mind. I'll participate to the league, if it's still possible to subscribe :-)

Sure! You need to send an e-mail at [email protected] with the following information :

• Nom de l’Equipe
  • Nombre d’Investigateur dans cette Equipe ( ne peut pas changer durant toute la Ligue !)
  • Nom du Joueur de la Communauté de Edge Entertainment représentant l’Equipe (il doit être enregistré dans la Communauté de Edge Entertainment)
  • Ville, Région et pays de votre Equipe

Which mean :

• Team name
  • Number of Investigators played (this number cannot change for the length of the League)
  • Username in the Edge Entertainement Community (you’ll have to create an account )
  • Location of your team (City, State and Country)

If your french is too rusty, I can help you through your account creation.

I'll get back to you for the first Scenario. The second scenario will be out friday.

MonsieurPoulet said:

Julia said:

Sure! You need to send an e-mail at [email protected] with the following information :

• Nom de l’Equipe
  • Nombre d’Investigateur dans cette Equipe ( ne peut pas changer durant toute la Ligue !)
  • Nom du Joueur de la Communauté de Edge Entertainment représentant l’Equipe (il doit être enregistré dans la Communauté de Edge Entertainment)
  • Ville, Région et pays de votre Equipe

Which mean :

• Team name
  • Number of Investigators played (this number cannot change for the length of the League)
  • Username in the Edge Entertainement Community (you’ll have to create an account )
  • Location of your team (City, State and Country)

If your french is too rusty, I can help you through your account creation.

I'll get back to you for the first Scenario. The second scenario will be out friday.

You're *very* kind, monsieur! I'm going to create the account tonight and start playing as soon as possible :-) In case of need, I'll ask you :-)

Here are the changes for Scenario 1. The second rule of the Three Rules should start like this:

Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, Skills, Money, Madness and Injury cards</b> are kept from scenario to scenario as long as the player maintains the same investigator […].

The Third Rule replaces some text in the AH rulebook. In the AH rulebook, when an investigator is driven insane or is knocked unconscious, he must immediately choose and discard half of his items and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along with all retainers (if any). In the League, he must instead immediately discard all of his items permanently. Period. The investigator keeps his all of his Clue tokens and Retainers.

The Scenario 1 and the two Investigors translated by Weyoun are ok. Good luck... you'll need it for that first one.

MonsieurPoulet said:

The Third Rule replaces some text in the AH rulebook. In the AH rulebook, when an investigator is driven insane or is knocked unconscious, he must immediately choose and discard half of his items and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along with all retainers (if any). In the League, he must instead immediately discard all of his items permanently. Period. The investigator keeps his all of his Clue tokens and Retainers.

The permanent discarding of items proved to be an advantage in later scenarios since it made it very easy to go through the Unique Items deck, getting those precious Elder Signs. Unfortunately I also had to discard one permanently when an investigator was devoured by Cthulhu in an Other World encounter...

jhaelen said:

Oh, you get to keep all Clue tokens? I had played that differently - is this a change from the Spanish League or did I just overlook it?

It's a change; you played it right.

MonsieurPoulet said:

Here are the changes for Scenario 1. The second rule of the Three Rules should start like this:

Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, Skills, Money, Madness and Injury cards</b> are kept from scenario to scenario as long as the player maintains the same investigator […].

The Scenario 1 and the two Investigors translated by Weyoun are ok. Good luck... you'll need it for that first one.

O-K. I sent the e-mail following your suggestion & created an account on the Edgeent site. Hope to have enroled correctly :-)

Let's start cutting trees ::laughing::

Scenario 2 is identical as Weyoun's translation. Happy gaming!

MonsieurPoulet said:

Scenario 2 is identical as Weyoun's translation. Happy gaming!

Wonderful! I still have to try Scenaio 1, thou; anyway, for Christmas / Yule I should have some more time to play. Just a question: I dropped the e-mail with my data at the address you had pointed out, and I asked for a confirmation. At the moment, I haven't received any sign they received my e-mail. Does a way to check whether you are enroled or not exist?

Second thing: how am I supposed to send the scores?

Don't know how to check if the registration is okay or not.

For submitting the result, you have to send an email to [email protected].

No form, just put the following data:

Team name
#Investigaros in the Team (must stay the same all along the League)
#Name of the guy representing the team (guess it's Julia :) )
#Town, Country of the Team
Investigators Name (not players)
Devoured Investigators (if some)
Victory Points
#Clues not spend by the Team (not added to victory points).
Terror Level at the end of the game
#Loan not paid back
#Elder Sign used
#Gate Trophies not used
#Monster Trophies not used
#Investigators safe
#Mission and Task successful (for further scenaio i guess)
Investigator name First Citizen of Arkham

Thank you, Hugues!

Julia said:

Wonderful! I still have to try Scenaio 1, thou; anyway, for Christmas / Yule I should have some more time to play. Just a question: I dropped the e-mail with my data at the address you had pointed out, and I asked for a confirmation. At the moment, I haven't received any sign they received my e-mail. Does a way to check whether you are enroled or not exist?

You will not receive a confirmation. When you'll send your first score, your name will appear after a week or two on their Web site. To get there, from the Horreur à Arkham forum, select Deuxième Ligue Nationale d'Horreur à Arkham then Résultats et Statistiques de la Ligue . Click on the link .

MonsieurPoulet said:

You will not receive a confirmation. When you'll send your first score, your name will appear after a week or two on their Web site. To get there, from the Horreur à Arkham forum, select Deuxième Ligue Nationale d'Horreur à Arkham then Résultats et Statistiques de la Ligue . Click on the link .

I simply checked the "email confirmation for read" option when I sent the e-mail. I didn't expect any answer, but you, know, sending a confirmation is simply a click, it shouldn't steal time to anybody, so I was wondering whether I did everything right or not. Anyway, it doesn't matter, a couple of weeks after I submit the score, I'll check the link you kindly gave me. Thank you for your help!

This evening I beat Scenario 1. It wasn't that difficult with Kate in party, but we had an incredibly bad luck at the end, with two chtnonians on the board moving almost every round and forcing some investigators to the hospital. Fortunately we put the sixth seal on the board before things could become worse.

Some questions on the carry-over item policy: the rules states that common, unique (and so on) items are carried over to the next scenario. But how? I mean, lets say I have an investigator with 4 unique items at the end of the game. But his starting possessions say he can have only 2 unique items. Are all 4 items carried over? Or just two? Second point (on the same issue): what about investigators ending the game with no items? Durin the very last round, I had Joe losing his (last) heart because of the Chtonian. Mandy put the sixth seal and he had no items. In case I'd choose to play again with Joe in Scenario 2, are his starting items reduced to zero? Or whatelse? In case they are reduced to zero, what if I start playing with a different party, and after an investigator is devoured, I choose to play with Joe again? Always zero items in the starting equipment?

Another (easier, I hope) question: the rules say you carry over Madnesses and Injuries. Are these cards considered to be universal components, and then used in every scenario regardless of the expansions required, or may I not use them unless the Dunwich horror box appears between the required materials for the game? Same question for personal stories.

Last question: why are we supposed to record the numerb of clues we had at the end of the game? they do not carry over from scenario to scenario, do they?

Thank you for your time :-)

If your investigator has more item than its starting possessions, good for him. If he has less, bad luck. Even if it joins during the game. He need a complete scenario to "refresh".

For the Madness and Injury Cards, I guess it's for the purpose of further scenarii.

And the number of clues remaining, maybe it's for the purpose of un-tieing players (un-tieing, like being untied you know, the same number of points).

But, to be confirmed by Monsieur Poulet.

Hugues said:

If your investigator has more item than its starting possessions, good for him. If he has less, bad luck. Even if it joins during the game. He need a complete scenario to "refresh".

For the Madness and Injury Cards, I guess it's for the purpose of further scenarii.

And the number of clues remaining, maybe it's for the purpose of un-tieing players (un-tieing, like being untied you know, the same number of points).

But, to be confirmed by Monsieur Poulet.

Thank you for answering, Hugues!

I see the point about "refreshing" and "keeping items". Good for us. Another little thing: Monsieur Poulet said to follow Weyoun's translation of the spanish league scenarios. Does this mean we can use even the "custom" investigator made for the spanish league? A couple of them are very interesting to have in the party, especially the guy who claims monsters trophies after closing the matching dimensional symbols gate. More trophies = less nasty monsters in the bag to be drawn.

I'll wait for Monsieur Poulet confirmation then :-)