Proper Arcana Card Use

By bjennings, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Hey there gamers,

I've been struggling with a question regarding the proper use of arcana cards. While it clearly states that you may only use a single arcana card at a time during battles (either "Powerful Blow" or "Critical Hit", I would imagine), it does not seem to indicate how many of the other cards you can use at a single time. For instance, during my movement phase, I can obviously use a "Run" card on my currently activated character. But if I want to use TWO "Run" cards (to move 6 movement spaces during the turn) is this allowed? Similarly, could I use both a "Run" and a "Secret Passage" for one single activated character during 1 movement phase? If I unlock a treasure, but have more than one "Hidden Treasure" card in my hand, can I use more than one? Can more than 1 opponent play a "Niggling Injury" on one single character's movement phase, thus reducing his movement from 4 to 2, then 2 to 0?

If anybody has any answers to this, your insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for your help, and I hope that I didn't miss an obvious answer presented in the rulebook.

Peace! =)

NoobyNoobNoob

This was answered on the BoardGameGeek forums by the creator of the game.

While in combat it's true that you can only use one Arcana card, this does not hold true at any other time in the game. If you want to use multiple Run cards for one character, you are able to do so. If you want to combine Run, Secret Passage, and even Teleportation, you can.

The only limit is within combat.

Have you got a link the boardgame geek thingy. It answers one of the questions that came up for us last night.

You guys, it says this in the rules. You can use as many as you want. There is no limit, except what is explicitly limited in combat. No need to go to Board Game Geek.