AGOT China Champions 2010 results. (Adding report of the first Joust Final)

By Uncle Joker, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Nov 20th, AGOT China Champions 2010 was held by Game Harbor in Shanghai.
8 players from four different cities attended the Joust, and 4 of them also attended the Melee on Nov 21st. IMG_7631-1024x682.jpg
Sorry, one player was not on this photo.
This time we can only use the Core Set and expansions including King of the Storm which released in Oct. All the chapter Pack cards are not allowed to be used in the Match.
We had the regional matches one week ago, about 60 players attended, and then came out these 8 players.
6 of them use House Stark and 2 were Martell. IMG_7462-1024x682.jpg
IMG_7528-1024x682.jpg

IMG_7525-1024x682.jpg

4 rounds Swiss round first, and then go with Knockout in semifinal.
Joker wins the final by 2:0 against Wire Cat. Both of them use Stark with the Siege of Winterfell.

IMG_7629-682x1024.jpg
Joker

IMG_7590-1024x682.jpg

Wire Cat (right)

There are 3 Baratheon with Knights of the Realm and 1 Martell in Melee.
IMG_7602-1024x682.jpg

Melee
One Baratheon player Sammy won the Melee on Nov 21st. He rushed from 8 to 15 in one phase by a 3 renown guys and 1 Heart of the Stag.
IMG_7620-682x1024.jpg

Sammy

Game Harbor may publish some video for the Joust final and some deck information.
Hope AGOT will be more popular in China, and we could have better communication with all other players from the world.

Here comes a brief report of the first round Final in Joust.

Uncle Joker (J) VS Wire Cat (W) Both are Stark with Siege of Winterfell.

Setup:
W: Former Champion, Narrow Sea, Godwoods
J: Bay of Ice, Godwoods, one Shadow

Round 1
Plot:
W: After the Mummer's Ford
J: Storm of Swords
First player: J

Marshall:
J: Narrow sea, Bay of Ice, Great Keep, Guard of Riverrun*2
(Discard Narrow Sea), Hodor, Frozen solid to W's Narrow sea
W: Great Keep, Hosts of Bear, Arya Stark

Challenge:
J: Put shadowcat into play. Pass.
W: All for Military but was Lethal Counterattacked by J's
2*Guard of Riverrun.

Round 2
Plot:
J: Siege of Riverrun
W: Valar Morghulis
First Player: W

Marshall:
W: Street of Steel, Greatjon Ember, Direwolf Pup, 1 gold left
J: Wolfswood, Summer(LOW), Direwolf Pup(by Wolf Dream), 1 gold
left

Challenge:
W: Pass
J: Summer and Direwolf Pup came for Military, but were Lethal
Counterattacked by W's Greatjon Umber and Direwolf. J get them
back by Narrow escape.

Round 3
Plot:
W: Rule by Decree(nothing happened)
J: Feast or Famine(Claim 2)

Marshall:
W: Frozen Solid to J's wolfswood, Benjen Stark, 2 gold left
J: Street of Sister, Bay of Ice, Kennel Master, Milk of Poppy
to W's Greatjon Umber

Challenge:
W:Pass
J:All for Military, but were Lethal Counterattacked again by
W, and W get 2 power by win the defence.

Power:
W: 2
J: 0

Round 4
Plot:
W: Siege of Riverrun
J: Valar Morghulis
First Player: J

Marshall:
J: Pass
W: Hosts of Bear, Shaggydog(CS), Direwolf Pup

Challenge:
J: Pass
W: 3 power for Military

Power:
W: 5
J: 0

Round 5
Plot:
J: Red Wedding
W: Fortified Position

Marshall:
W: Robb Stark(CS), Nymeria attached. 2 gold left
J: Robb Stark(LOW), Shaggydog(LOW) attached. Direwof Pup, Wolf
pack, Great Keep

Challenge:
W: Use Robb Stark(CS)/Hosts of Bear/Shaggydog for Military, J
use Robb Stark(LOW) to defend, and kneel Direwolf pup and wolf
pack to Lethal counterattack. W kneel Nymeria to save Robb Stark(CS). And J got 2 power.

Power:
W: 5
J: 2

Round 6
Plot:
W: Threat from the north
J: Power of Blood

Marshall:
W: Arya Stark, Ghost
J: Kennel Master, 2* Shadows

Challenge:
J: Put Shadowcat into play.
J: Shadowcat and Kennel Master for Military and get 2 power. W kneel Nymeria to save Robb Stark(CS). J use Robb Stark for Power and win.

Power:
W: 4
J: 6

Round 7
W: Take them by Surprise
J: Take them by Surprise
W discard his hand

Marshall:
W: Wolf dream for Grey wind, attach to Robb Stark(CS), 5 gold left
J: Narrow Sea, Winterfell Kennel, find Grey Wind and attach to Robb Stark(LOW). 3 gold left.

Challenge:
W: Arya Steal Shadowcat's Stealth. Pass.
J: Use 10 STR Kennel Master for Military, W use Ghost / Robb Stark(CS) to defend and Lethal Counterattack by Arya Stark / Direwolf pup. Kennel Master save himself by back to J's hand, and Robb(LOW) was killed by Robb(CS), then W got 2 power.

Standing:
J: find Summer(LOW)

Power:
W: 6
J: 5

Round 8
W: Ruled by Decree(nothing happened)
J: Valar Morghulis
Only W's Robb Stark(CS) was survived by Nymeria.

Marshall:
W: Former Champion, 3 gold left
J: Kennel Master, Hosts of Bear, Eddard Stark (Discard Narrow Sea)

Challenge:
J: All for Military. Win 3 power and 1 renown power.

Power:
W: 6
J: 9

Round 9
Plot:
W: Valar Morghulis
J: Siege of Riverrun
W's Robb Stark(CS) was survived again by Nymeria.

Marshall:
W: Wolf Pack
J: Narrow Sea, Eddard Stark(CS), Summer(LOW), Direwolf pup*2.
W: Kill one Direwolf Pup by Grey wind.

Challenge:
J: Put Shadowcat into play.
J: Shadowcat / Summer / Direwolf Pup for Military, W's Robb Stark and Wolf pack were all killed. Then Eddard Stark for Power, J discard his hand to avoid W's Narrow escape, but W played another one right after, so W's Robb Stark(CS) and Wolf pack came back to play. But Eddard win the power anyway.

Power:
W: 4
J: 14

Round 10
W: Fortified Position
J: Power of Blood
First player: J

Marshall:
J: Great keep, Hodor, Find and play Ghost
W: Kennel Master, Hosts of Bear

Challenge:
J: All for Military and Win the game.

great Uncle, I'm so proud you have put Wolf House at the top!!! And I'm very happy I had the chanche to give you some advice about your deck!!! Go on and make Asia the kingdom of the Stark!!!

Ps always remember... if you know you will face starks... 3x Lethal is a must!!!!

Uncle Joker, thank you for the report and the pictures. I had heard recently that the game was growing in China (and I own some cards written in Chinese!), but it is wonderful to see it. 60 people at the regional events? That is great! And congratulations!

Congrats, sounds like a fun time. I'm suprised stark was such a huge presence.

Awesome report! So glad to see China players?

My Mom lived in Shanghai for a few years and I visited a couple of times - where in Shanghai was the game store?

I am just happy to see players in more countries...I can go on an aGoT Tour someday ;)

Darksbane said:

considering they couldn't play chapters pack cards but only all core set seems not so strange to me... In that scenario Greyjoy have only one core set to rely on. Martell the same but they saw 2 characters play them. Siege agenda in that scenario seems great to me. No castellan, no shadows, no venomus, no toll gate...

If I were in that condition I would play stark cause greyjoy without wintertime now is unplayable IMHO. I'm a little bit surprised about no bara player...

Targaryen relyaing only in core set is difficult. Lannister the same. If I understood well in our mail exchanging (with joker) they used also side so some cards to fill in the deck after seeing opponents.

Darksbane said:

Darksbane said:

considering they couldn't play chapters pack cards but only all core set seems not so strange to me... In that scenario Greyjoy have only one core set to rely on. Martell the same but they saw 2 characters play them. Siege agenda in that scenario seems great to me. No castellan, no shadows, no venomus, no toll gate...

If I were in that condition I would play stark cause greyjoy without wintertime now is unplayable IMHO. I'm a little bit surprised about no bara player...

Targaryen relyaing only in core set is difficult. Lannister the same. If I understood well in our mail exchanging (with joker) they used also side so some cards to fill in the deck after seeing opponents.

sorry for the double post, I don't know how to one :-(

This report is translated from a Chinese version report, so I am quite tired.....

Thanks for your attention on the AGOT China.

I agree with you Gualdo, as you see, Lethal Counterattack is a key event in the First round Final, and it also made both of the players to be so much careful during the second round that there is very few Military challenge happened after 5 Lethal counterattack happened.

Dobbler said:

Uncle Joker, thank you for the report and the pictures. I had heard recently that the game was growing in China (and I own some cards written in Chinese!), but it is wonderful to see it. 60 people at the regional events? That is great! And congratulations!

Yes, we have Shanghai / Beijing / Guangzhou / Hangzhou, 4 cities holding the regional Match. And 8 players for the Joust Final.

rings said:

Awesome report! So glad to see China players?

My Mom lived in Shanghai for a few years and I visited a couple of times - where in Shanghai was the game store?

I am just happy to see players in more countries...I can go on an aGoT Tour someday ;)

If you visit Shanghai one day, you may need to visit Game Harbor which was the most famous AGOT place in Shanghai.

I can post the address if you need.

And I have several experience to visit US, but mostly in Texas, so I didn't know where to play AGOT.

Welcome to China, one day.

Darksbane said:

Stark win the top 4, and one Martell came the Fourth.

We can not use Chapter Pack cards, which means only Stark and Baratheon has more cards than every other House.

And LOW for Stark seems a little bit stronger than Kings of the Storm for Baratheon....So......

Congrats on your win. Winter has come to China. Sweet. Where you at Korea?

Challenge:
J: Put shadowcat into play. Pass.
W: All for Military but was Lethal Counterattacked by J's
2*Guard of Riverrun.

How I would love to play this round :-) As Joker I mean :-)

Thank you for this report Uncle Joker.

It's good to have some news from China and to realize that AGoT is not played only in US and in Europe.

60 players may seem few regarding China's population, but at the world level, this makes this event the second biggest AGoT event in the history of the game. This is really good news.

I wonder why chapter packs weren't allowed ?

The final was 8 players. The 60 players is the sum of tourneys made in several cities. Then top 8 go to the finals.

Comm said:

Thank you for this report Uncle Joker.

It's good to have some news from China and to realize that AGoT is not played only in US and in Europe.

60 players may seem few regarding China's population, but at the world level, this makes this event the second biggest AGoT event in the history of the game. This is really good news.

I wonder why chapter packs weren't allowed ?

In China, we have not published any Chapter Pack cards in Chinese Version, and there would be some players that they don't know English well, so Game Harbor, the hosts of this Match, announced that we can only use the Chinese version Cards in this Match.

So only major releases like deluxe expansions and core sets are translated into Chinese, huh?

At the very least, I hope that you guys get your chapter packs translated once the triplicate reprints start kicking in. Else, for any serious card players, it's only half a game (or half a throne) that you've got there.

In Italy we will have translation next year ;-) starting with core set and new cycle of CP. I don't think they will retranslate past CP or core sets, but indeed this is great for us to "expand" the game in italy.

Congrats Gualdo and the Italian community! I know you've been wanting that badly since it was discontinued. :)

Great Joker! New King Joker! Joker V5~~~

Thanks for your hard working. and I hate Narrow Escape. T_T

Uncle Joker said:

If you visit Shanghai one day, you may need to visit Game Harbor which was the most famous AGOT place in Shanghai.

And I have several experience to visit US, but mostly in Texas, so I didn't know where to play AGOT.

Sorry, just curious to where in the city it is, and if it is close to my friend in the city.

They live in Jing'an - close to the Jade Budda Temple I think...

What part of the city in Game Harbor? Shanghai is a big place happy.gif

Gualdo said:

In Italy we will have translation next year ;-) starting with core set and new cycle of CP. I don't think they will retranslate past CP or core sets, but indeed this is great for us to "expand" the game in italy.

I'll be needing an Italian-language Blackfish if you guys ever get LoW printed ;-)

rings said:

Uncle Joker said:

Sorry, just curious to where in the city it is, and if it is close to my friend in the city.

They live in Jing'an - close to the Jade Budda Temple I think...

What part of the city in Game Harbor? Shanghai is a big place happy.gif

It is in the Northeast Part of Shanghai, but anyway it is still not so far from Jing An.

finitesquarewell said:

Gualdo said:

I'll be needing an Italian-language Blackfish if you guys ever get LoW printed ;-)

You know you will have it in the case :-) Unluckly it is not planned so for sure I can promise you "your next card" in italian :-)