New day rising

By Guest, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I certainly like the changes to the forums. It has the potential to be a very valuable tool in helping build metas, and that has me excited.

I'm hoping that with the influx of new players, they understand that a lot of the old guard in this game have tried to keep the character of our community at the highest level possible (~even with me dragging it down at every turn lengua.gif ).

Welcome all, and I am excited for the future!

See, that's why I never feel right being treated as some member of the old guard. I really don't have enough character for that at all. :P

thebraz said:

A bit off topic but it is interesting in this "new day" that the FFG user has a top 5 focused on RPG's and Mutant Chronicles.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=16&efcid=4&efidt=42

Hmmm.

I find it awkward to judge a top 5 as being ridiculously accurate for games being supported heavily when the number one is Dragonshields.

I'm just saying. The office loves AGoT. We're in the middle of an office league that's rocking 17 players (over 1/4th of the staff).

I like the new forums, even if I miss the PM system.

Well, I made it in! Ktom (I think it was ktom) was right, they had been working on the boards and this morning I got in without a hitch.

Nice to see everyone!

Not my first choice of avatar this, but I could never ever custom make one, so I was at least glad of the offerings. By the way, if you all are taking requests for avatar options on art? The Blackfish, naturally! And either Winter or ITE Eddard Stark. At least Edmure's Host DOES hearken back to the glory days of the Tully swarm.

"May the Lord in His mercy be kind to Winterfell."

Lol, I do agree with Morgan on that one.

But those deck protectors are pretty imporatant. Maybe I should think about rearranging my top 5...

No fair. It only took Morgan like 1/2 second to decide upon an avatar!

Deathjester26 said:

Ummmmmh, most of the AGOT related avatars aren´t visible for me (IE 6). But even without seeing her avatar i bet it´s the red sorceress. ;-)

Old Ben said:

Deathjester26 said:

Ummmmmh, most of the AGOT related avatars aren´t visible for me (IE 6). But even without seeing her avatar i bet it´s the red sorceress. ;-)

Fiddlesticks! I'm too predictable. But seriously, what kind of Red Woman would I be if I had a picture of Bran as my avatar?!

Since I can't find the edit button ...

~ ~ ~ ~

I'm not very funny without "~" (or with for that matter).

Would someone like to post a sticky note about our friend the "~" since there are going to be many more folks browsing these internets? ~I won't because I'm not qualified to use them accurately.

I'm just a little miffed that they don't have any greyjoy avatars.. I'll have to stick with winter for now, until they correct that.

Besides the slow-loading of the pages, I like the new forums--very sleek.

When I try to select an avatar I get a whole graveyard -worth of little red crosses, the only one I can see is Tywin Lannister...maybe the site is trying to tell me something? gui%C3%B1o.gif

It is the same either on IE 7 or Chrome.

It could happen.

Pick up Tywin...I know him...can get very angry if you refuse it ;-)

The old man is quite convincing isn't he? And I'm not even a Lannister player. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Using an avatar painted by someone else will need a bit of getting used to, but the new forums look really interesting.

thebraz said:

Since I can't find the edit button ...

The edit button is in the upper middle of the message box window, but it will vanish within 5 minutes after your post, because there is a edit deadline of 5 minutes. Other people already reported that on the FFG support board and asked for a change given that it´s possible.

Without custom avatars - these boards are going to suck.

unless they laod faster - htese baords are going to be unreadable

Even with both these glaring issues addressed, I really don't care for the look of these forums. way to modernistic and science fiction-y.

Looks like we took a step back here, folks.

Without custom avatars - these boards are going to suck.

unless they load faster - htese boards are going to be unreadable

Even with both these glaring issues addressed, I really don't care for the look of these forums. way too modernistic and science fiction-y.

Stag Lord said:

htese boards are going to be unreadable

Quote taken out of context but, "hehe". partido_risa.gif

Stag Lord said:

Even with both these glaring issues addressed, I really don't care for the look of these forums. way too modernistic and science fiction-y.

QFT ~Did "we" take this step? We followed. happy.gif

Off-topic: GL to all at Black Friday.

Nice, the new look is almost sexy. ~ and I have a lot of time to behold it´s beaty while it loads

Also has someone already figured out what you can do with those "points"?

Moneylender said:

Here's what's available up to now:

Points = Prizes

Get Points to participate in raffles and special promotions.

Participating in the Community and interacting with it is rewarded with Points, following our top secret scale (don’t bother asking, it’ll be kept secret). The Points are used to reach different levels of monthly raffles, which will let you get special promotions available only to Community Players, of all of our games, from the smallest to the largest. The more Points you have, the more levels of raffle you can reach, and the larger the games that will be available to you.

• Level 01 Raffle: for Players with more than 25 Points.
  • Level 02 Raffle: for Players with more than 200 Points.
  • Level 03 Raffle: for Players with more than 500 Points.
  • Level 04 Raffle: for Players with more than 1000 Points.

Prizes and raffle winners will be made public on the last Friday of each month in the News section and the Forums

From http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_comunidad_ventajas.asp

Slow? I mean, it's not blazing fast by any means, but I'm spending most of my time browsing these things on a dial-up connection and I'm not thinking they're unreasonably slow.

No pm's?! WTF?! Kinda makes for some awkward dealings on the trade forum don't you think? Any plans to incorporate a pm system?

It is a bit slow. I like the fact they have icon choices by game - I'm just suprised by what choices they have - do they really need 2 Jon Snow icons? A lot of the best artwork isn't even a choice.

Tiziano said:

Moneylender said:

Here's what's available up to now:

Points = Prizes

~Yeah, because people like Lars and Staton need *more* motivation to post...

Last night at The Gamer's Den I was talking about how I didn't find the forums slow at all, and had no problem loading them. Now they're twice as slow this morning. Why do I always open my mouth?!

I don't find them unreasonable right now, but I could understand why someone would. And I am noticing that they're loading faster on my iPhone than computer, but I can't post via my iPhone. Another small annoyance.