Character and NPC Sketches by D.Forrest

By Lord Dubu, in Fan Art

thaddeusgeltmore500w.jpg

Thaddeus Geltmore, Captain of the Rogue Trader Vessel Fortunae Semperis

Edited by Lord Dubu

That's absolutely awesome... I hope to see more from you in this style!

Thanks Diel. And that's the idea. I'll be posting up all the NPC and Character art I do for my WH40,000 table.

If anyone wants to use any of the sketches for non-profit use at their gaming tables they're more than welcome. And I don't mind you using them on your personal campaign web sites either as long as credit is given and you msg me first.

I probably should have posted at least a little expo on Thaddeus...

Thad is the Rogue Trader I use to occasionally transport Acolytes around the Calixis sector. That cherub on his shoulder is called Daed and is slaved to Fortunae Semperis (Thad's ship) comms and data stream.

Ran Jani Navigator of Rogue Trader Vessel Fortunae Semperis

Ran Jaani, Navigator of Rogue Trader vessel Fortunae Semperis

The magisterial house of Mavhadi is unique among navigator houses in that only females carry the navigator gene.

Mavhadi navigators are born with an extra pair of arms, gray to blue skin and colorless eyes.

Trait: Multiple Arms

Trait: Materium Blind – The eyes of Mavhadi women are blind to the normal spectrum of light. They instead see the world as if peering at it from within the void. They see the psychic energy of the material world flowing around objects. Thus they see most clearly when psykers are nearbye and not at all if untouchables are within range. As a result most Mavhadi navigators keep a retinue of bonded male Mavhadi psykers as attendants.

Of course I meant:

"They instead see the world as if peering at it from within the empyrean."

not...

"They instead see the world as if peering at it from within the void."

Being unable to edit posts is kind of a drag.

Glavius StDruss

Glavius StDruss, Arch Militant of the Rogue Trader vessel Fortunae Semperis

nicely done dude.

the navigator is my favourite. I like the summary of her house as it reminds me how totally different the navigator mutations can be. Ever think about doing them in colour?

These pictures are great. Also quite intrigued to see you'd be quite happy for others to use them. Would you be interested in seeing them printed in a non-profit Inquisitor fanzine? Dark Magenta is always looking for art, and there is a publication in the process of being written that could desperately do with some pictures. If you're interested, send an email my way: [email protected] and check out www.darkmagenta.co.uk

Would have sent this in a PM, but I can't seem to find a way to do that!

Cheers

Ruaridh

So I tried to do a second render of Geltmore. One that showed off his ostentatiousness and bravado more. Unfortunately there was a masking incident that resulted in several surface layer tears, that I did the best to conceal with gray marker. Obviously they're still rather visible. I guess I'll be doing a third Geltmore.

Thaddeus Geltmore version 2.0

Torque, I am serious FAIL at color... or colour as is more appropriate to WH art.

Vanheiser as long as there's some way for people reading your book to get in touch with me for commisions... my website or email address we can work something out. I'll email you a little later.

Nice art. I like the level of detail. happy.gif aplauso.gif

Thanks Adam. Check out my DW stuff too if you get a chance.

Jenning Chase, Shrine World Aribtrator

Jenning Chase, Imperial Shrine World Arbitrator.

These are amazing. Do you take commissions?

FortinBras, I do have an Etsy sale up right now. Up to 5 hours work on a custom illustration. If you're serious email me and I'll link you.

Arbitrator Rhysara Naran

Aribtrator Rhysara Naran on Stakeout in APC With Sniper Rifle Slaved to Auto-turrent Pict Feed

Adeptus Sororitas Battle Sister Corrine Alesia (from my rpol.com game).

Tech Priest

Is that a Forge World Assasin?

Nope. Tech Priest.

Wolfe, Imperial Psyker

Cutter, Ex Blighted-schola Assassin.

Superb stuff as usual.

Alex

Thanks Alex!

Hector former Arbite (Bounty Hunter)

Hector Bounty Hunter (Former Arbites)

Fantastic work Alex. I really like the shades of grey and brown you've incorporated into the figures and backgrounds. Really nice sense of movement and depth. Great work. :) Bravo.

Brain on lowest dial setting. You are not Alex. (and no edit button to save my post from shame!)

Fantastic work "LORD DUBU!"

Inquisitor Orien Ffetrill of Ordo Malleus

Inquisitor Orien Ffetrill of Ordo Malleus