Did anyone make a board to rule all boards?

By Elderbree TM2, in Fan Creations

Great graphics. I read you couldn't change the background tiles in SE; well, from memory, one double clicks over a regular map tile and then insert an image of your choice.

Elderbree TM said:

Hmm I wasn't planning on making it "real to life", just a space saver so I can play with all expansion and such...
So as far as location of the towns and such.. it doesn't really matter for the purpose of this board, though I will try moving them a bit and if it fits I might as well do as you suggested (can't hurt right :) ).
And as far as changing mechanic of the game this is not my goal ....(at least not with this board).

looking forward to seeing your board and thanks for the feedback,
~ Elderbree TM.

sure. cool.gif

Elderbree TM said:

I saw that picture but it didn't fit (IMO) with the colors of the game and my attempts to colorize it failed badly.

was thinking the same thing, it's nice, but color would be better.

Some of the Arkham Horror art is pretty cool, but they could have picked some better stuff for a few of the locations. (IMO.)

Well, I tried printing a demo today and it looked great, though it cost me ~$50 :( and the plotter crashed twice mid way so we had to start over again.

So now I have it ready and can see how it looks in physical form and if it plays well or is the tightening up makes it uncomfeterable to use... will report after we run a session tomorrow night. also I added to the board the Outskirts, Sky, and Lost in Time and Space locations which I forgot about completely before O_o.

Also the side board is done layout wise (I manage to fit all the Otherworl Location and Trackers in to one regular expansion sized board) but it still looks bad so I'm not posting until I have time to work on it a bit more.

Cheers and I'll keep you up to date,

~ Elderbree TM.

P.S.

Haven't tried moving locations around to comply more closely with map yet since I had to rush this out so it will be ready for testing tomorrow, but I will try to do that when I come back to it on the weekend.

EDIT:

I don't know what happened but everything is cut on the side for me... is it the same for the rest of you ? (I refer to the forum posts on this thread).

Hi all,

I didn't had much time to post my nearly final version of my all-in-1 map but here it is ! The map size is 112*56 cm wich is the size of the main board + 1 expansion board.

It is great to play with it even if you need some time to adjust. My friend and I made choices that some would not love but it's up to you.

I am making some sheets to come along with the board (locations text reminder...).

Here is the direct download link (300 dpi, 5,08 Mo):

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6475/allinarkham1.jpg

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them asap.

Thanks to Amikezor for the support ;)

EDIT : A few more words...
No we didn't forget to draw all arrows. New rule is "If a monster in a location has to move and is able to do so, then he moves to the street". bye bye ugly arrows.

We didn't write any of the locations text : visual and space saving choices. Aren't we arkham experts ? ;)

There is some new logos ans icons here and there, just ignore them til I release related final new home rules.

Red signs indicate that the location has a move restriction.

Oh and yes, there are some new aquatic locations (home rules). I'll release a pure version if you guys want so.

Sorry for double posting !

Here is the link for the All in one official version of my home board :

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6475/allinarkham1.jpg

(150 DPI - 5.07 MB)

Feel free to comment, I guess my previous board was too "home rules oriented" for anybody to use or even comment it ^^

Sorry for triple posting but no comment ? really ? Even if you dislike the board, please say it so I can improve it ! ;)

And I forgot to thanks Tibs who gave me precious advices months ago about my board idea !

Dietch said:

Sorry for triple posting but no comment ? really ? Even if you dislike the board, please say it so I can improve it ! ;)

And I forgot to thanks Tibs who gave me precious advices months ago about my board idea !

Yeah, it's cool. I think I prefer the other one above by Elderbree with the location descriptions and the connections between the towns. But this one does seem like it would work good and probably has a smaller footprint.

Dietch said:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6475/allinarkham1.jpg

(150 DPI - 5.07 MB)

Feel free to comment, I guess my previous board was too "home rules oriented" for anybody to use or even comment it

How do you go about printing something like that out? I think that is the best all in one map Ive seen

Hey,

TY for for your comment. I went to a print shop ^^ :)

It has cost me €13 (about $18) and it took like 3 minutes to print it. It's like posters!