No Update this week ?

By Toqtamish, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I was expecting that article on heroes this week but looks like we might be waiting till next week.

Yes I was too. And the Support page has a tease about rules being posted.

It would have been nice, but I was not expecting two weeks in a row. Personally, I'd like to see a cool event or two. "Verb" cards always got me going.

However, they did say in last weeks article, check back next week. So yes I was expecting this week too.

Me too.

This was rather disappointing! I cannot remember that FFG has misinformed their customers in this way before. Hence I am very sure that they must a good reason to postpone the announced game teaser.

Labor day weekend and they forgot the guy that normally posts these things took friday off? Idk. Lol.

FFG employees take a ton of time off after GenCon (I think there is a freeze on vacations for the 30-90 days before for obvious reasons), and it hasn't even been a month since the end of GenCon yet.

I think they are probably suffering from the same issues we all are after taking time off and coming off their GenCon high.

That being said, we are checking daily FFG!!! :)

rings said:

Its the only way I get through the work day - check at 11:00 a.m. in the morning and 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon. Without the fix, I'm not sure how I'd survive.

Saintsman said:

rings said:

Its the only way I get through the work day - check at 11:00 a.m. in the morning and 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon. Without the fix, I'm not sure how I'd survive.

Sadly this is pretty much what I've been doing as well.

no updates for 2 weeks makes me a sad panda sad.gif

One word: LAME

Maybe they should change their verbage when they mention when the next update should arrive.

They probably shouldn't say "Next week we will look at..."

This is to soften the blow for people like myself who are hanging on every article for especially this game.

I know things change and all...and I want this to be a **** good game, so really take your time FFG.

whispering "just don't tease us like this"

Do not worry it will come soon. The subject should be the domains of influence. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Yea, it has been 2.5 weeks since the last update. I do recall it saying "next week..."

Frog said:

Yea, it has been 2.5 weeks since the last update. I do recall it saying "next week..."

This sentence il almost automatic! gui%C3%B1o.gif

3 weeks now.

Looks like they "forgot" again!

lol

With Mountains of Madness being announced that means they have at least three new games in development. I'm not sure of the size of the company but this would seem a substantial workload along with new expansions etc.

Kristabelle said:

With Mountains of Madness being announced that means they have at least three new games in development. I'm not sure of the size of the company but this would seem a substantial workload along with new expansions etc.

Yea, I kinda wonder with Kevin working on Civilization if Descent will suffer. Also with Corey working on so many games, an expansion for Middle-Earth Quest is looking pretty distant as well.

Frog said:

Also with Corey working on so many games, an expansion for Middle-Earth Quest is looking pretty distant as well.

No, bad Frog! BAD FROG! You can't say that, no I won't listen llorando.gif .

Kristabelle said:

With Mountains of Madness being announced

When was this announced? - Did you mean Mansions of Madness or did I miss something?

I almost would like less games to come out and more updates and previews for the 'other' games that were previewed prior to all of these releases.

I'm just upset because of non updates for Lord of the Rings LCG.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact of all of these games coming out. But I would just like more updates and previews please!!!

I hope they are not putting LOTR LCG on the backburner to get these other games out because of development. or other issues.

Gollum says, "Give me the g@d-damned game!"

radioboyeric said:

I I hope they are not putting LOTR LCG on the backburner to get these other games out because of development. or other issues.

Gollum says, "Give me the g@d-damned game!"

Well the fact that they were demoing it at GenCon should mean that it's not on the backburner - I'm guessing that the hold up is something to do with either art and/or rules.

Gollum needed to add in a "precious" at the end there gui%C3%B1o.gif

It could simply be that they're trying to make sure they have enough copies in the first batch to go around given the very high interest this game is receiving.

Frog said:

3 weeks now. Looks like they "forgot" again!

Ugh. Not necessarily a good sign.

I'd hate to see this one slip into 2011. Time will tell (literally), I suppose ...