No Update this week ?

By Toqtamish, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

This HAS to be out before Christmas, otherwise my pre-ordered Christmas present won't be under the tree this year...and it's my only present... preocupado.gif

Torbal said:

This HAS to be out before Christmas, otherwise my pre-ordered Christmas present won't be under the tree this year...and it's my only present... preocupado.gif

Somebody's been naughty gui%C3%B1o.gif ?

So, this was the first month without any news... llorando.gif ... let's hope the coming month brings some light into why FFG has neglected the announced update. One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!?

Allavandrel said:

One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!?

Same with Blood Bowl: Team Manager llorando.gif

Allavandrel said:

So, this was the first month without any news... llorando.gif ... let's hope the coming month brings some light into why FFG has neglected the announced update. One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!?

I'm sure it is just because they are crazy busy with all the zillions of games announced.

But if it was a huge change I would love it if they decided to make it more like Dominion or Thunderstone rather than monthly packs etc. Just full-playsets each and every release. Large box expansions that can be combined or played alone.

Won't happen though. They are simply busy.

Still nothing?

Guess we've all been naughty...

Maybe one of the playtesting groups found a Bolt Thrower in the Shire.

It's not so bad, Blood Bowl Team Manager last got news early August...

Dam said:

It's not so bad, Blood Bowl Team Manager last got news early August...

True, however, LoTR had a serious demo group at GenCon - BB wasn't there from what I saw. This wait is starting to worry me that something is seriously wrong with the game.

Six weeks and counting...

lengua.gif

What do you say FFG...just tell it like it is.

At this point, I don't need any updates on how the game is played. I just need to know that this game is

still on the horizon and not running into development, copyright, or any other reason that will disable this game to come out on the market

this Fall/Winter.

Just a "Still on board with the game...it's definitely coming along fine".

I know this is wishful thinking, but I thought I would just wish...

This was the game I was looking forward for the end of this year!

No update, nothing at all?! What is happening, really?!

WHAT is happening?

This weekend the game was demoed at an event in Germany. They told me the release date was moved to January. It could be that they were referring to the German version, though.

jhaelen said:

This weekend the game was demoed at an event in Germany. They told me the release date was moved to January. It could be that they were referring to the German version, though.

Aaaah, a sign of live happy.gif

Where was the event ? I'm from Stuttgart.

Frank6 said:

Where was the event ? I'm from Stuttgart.

It was at the AGoT/CoC/WHI LCG event at Burg Stahleck / Bacharach. I did take a quick look at the rules and cards I didn't actually play it, because my schedule was full with other games. I think it was the same custom-printed cards as at Gencon. So no finished product. Some guys tried it, but I didn't speak with them afterwards, so no idea how good/bad the game is.

Thank you. I'm searching for the guys in the Heidelberger Forum.

Not sure exactly when it happened, but it's menu choice under "Living Card Games" recently lost the "Coming Soon" banner. Another sign of life for the game....

I really really hope that only the german version got pushed back - I hoped for this to arrive before christmas :(

FloLeBlanc said:

I really really hope that only the german version got pushed back - I hoped for this to arrive before christmas :(

Man, this forum software REALLY SUCKS!!!

From the German forum admin: "Erscheinung ist meines Wissens für Februar 2011 geplant.
Deutsch und englisch kommen zeitgleich. "

Meaning: As far as I know, release is planned for February 2011. German and English will be realeased at the same time.

So no Christmas presents sad.gif

If I take your meaning you are saying forum software sucks cuz you tried to edit the post prior to your last one, if you want to edit it and the edit link is gone click report to moderator and where it says reportar in the address bar, type in editar instead. You can then edit your post.

I wanted to "quote" the sentence from the German forum. But the software didn't care what I put into the quote tags, it quoted the previous post although I deleted it from the quote tags.

thx for the news beardfan, bad news though :(

Hey, if it means the game has more balance and fun, I can wait a few more months.

I must say I'm really looking forward to this game as well. Hope to see some signs of life soon...