Call of Cthulhu LCG online?

By Vorvadoss, in CoC General Discussion

TheProfessor said:

And I am skeptical of Skype being an effective mechanism... Too much typing of card language and location of things, etc. I guess you could put the camera facing the table to show the card status, but that seems awkward to me?

That makes sense. Somehow I've become a really fast typist and I often forget that when talking to people online. I will say that CoC looks like it would be a LOT less difficult than the games I've played through IM before: UFS, the late Hecatomb which was basically MTG with five-sided cards...even the mighty L5R is less daunting to play this way than it would seem at first. Given the comparative simplicity of CoC's gameplay, I would really like to give this method* a try, if anyone is game for it. TCO does seem to be the more popular option right now, though. :)

*Just a note here: I hate Skype. The only reason I listed it next to the others is because it seems to be more popular among people who play games online. I would use this if it came down to that, however.

No votes for OCTGN? I don't do it very often as I'd rather play with physical cards, but it's been pretty solid for playing AGOT in the past.

The nice thing about TCO is that as a web based app is it platform independent. And the database is maintained on their server so that doesn't need to propagate to every user.

if someone wanna play via TCO - knock-knock me at Skype (got same nick-name there). ussualy at 19.00 - 23.00 GMT+2

I am going to try TCO tonight. I am a new player and will probably get demolished when I play online. I have yet to win a game with the wifey. Haha!

I'm waiting for their card update (newest AP is missing), then I'll give it a try too.

Since there are now regionals in Germany and I can't make to Amsterdam, I would love to play some rounds on TCO. Maybe some of the regionals participants want to practice? Just send me a pm.

Just put a couple of decks together today, and ready to play online. My username at TCO is the same as it is here. Want to play? Send me a PM so we can set aside a time.

keaSanya said:

if someone wanna play via TCO - knock-knock me at Skype (got same nick-name there). ussualy

monitoring TCO today at 22:30-1:00 GMT+2 for gaming

I like the real feel of cards in my hands. I live in Richmond Va. If anyone wants to meet for an offline game of CoC lcg.

bump. I would love to find more players willing to play on octgn/