Plague monk and Epic Spell combo

By Toberk, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Does the power of the Plague monk trigger from epic spells? It is a spell, but it is an epic spell.... I honestly have no idea it triggers or not.

I guess I should rephrase the question: Are epic spells also spells? Are epic spells a subset of spells or an entirely different category?

Let's take it from the reverse side : if an "Epic Spell" doesn't count as a "Spell", then it also doesn't count as an "Epic" card, allowing you to play them for free using the "Runefang of Solland". And everyone will agree the Runefang text was clearly written to prevent such an (ab)use.

To me, "Epic Spell" should be considered as "Epic. Spell."

On 8/23/2010 at 4:56 AM, Martin_fr said:

Let's take it from the reverse side : if an "Epic Spell" doesn't count as a "Spell", then it also doesn't count as an "Epic" card, allowing you to play them for free using the "Runefang of Solland". And everyone will agree the Runefang text was clearly written to prevent such an (ab)use.

To me, "Epic Spell" should be considered as "Epic. Spell."

This is why Runefang of Solland got errated. Also see this thread https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/63797-epic-spell-trait/?tab=comments#comment-623652