New Character - the Black Paladin

By Leonidas300, in Talisman

Comments welcomed.

blackpaladinya9.jpg

Very nice, suitably evil.

ps. shouldnt the spelling be in uk english to keep the text inline with the rest of the game?

well, it is "French-English". gui%C3%B1o.gif

Do not hesitate to correct spelling mistake or reformulate, my English is not good enough, I can correct the file and post another one.

Why does the Black Paladin start with Helmet and Armour? Only one object with the Armor keyword may be used per Battle. Also, I think "Black Knight" is a more suitable name. Otherwise, pretty cool! You should also post a recommended miniature to use with your characters.

In fact, Black Night was the original name but it is already used on the board preocupado.gif .

Leonidas300 said:

In fact, Black Night was the original name but it is already used on the board preocupado.gif .

Samurai is way too powerful.

Gentlegamer said:

Not so much ... as he cannot sell his two swords and his armor. Unless you have a mule, you can have only one extra object. Give him a try, you will see gui%C3%B1o.gif

Leonidas300 said:

Gentlegamer said:

Not so much ... as he cannot sell his two swords and his armor. Unless you have a mule, you can have only one extra object. Give him a try, you will see gui%C3%B1o.gif

Also, "steal" isn't a game term for Talisman.

Gentlegamer said:

Leonidas300 said:

Gentlegamer said:

Yes, but he may ditch them after he slaughters everything in the early game with his starting Battle Strength of 6, along with his Armour keeping him from losing lives, and his high Fate value allowing him to not only reroll Battle, but to gain a +1 when doing so.

Also, "steal" isn't a game term for Talisman.

I'll retest him next game but yes, you have the idea : start powerfull but stuck with your amor and swords. Maybe I will rebalance if you prove right. If you can give a try and still have the same feeling serio.gif , I'll probably remove the armor. For the fate token, it is not a reroll but and additional round (if no + 1, it is the normal use of a fate token).

Do you just use Photoshop? What process do you use for printing?

Gentlegamer said:

Do you just use Photoshop? What process do you use for printing?

img381.imageshack.us/my.php

Yes, I use photoshop. To print, I put the file, centered, on a word file, on page one, and a back also centered on page 2 (the back must have exactly the same size). Then I print recto-verso. Usually, I print new characters 2 by 2, on a specific paper (200g/m2). Cut, plastify if possible, and then let's play.

spartangn2.jpg

I like your ideas, but you're making characters who are way too powerful starting out, with 6+ Strength in Battle to start the game, as well as items from the Purchase deck. The Purchase deck will nearly be out of Weapons and Armour before the game starts!

Gentlegamer said:

I like your ideas, but you're making characters who are way too powerful starting out, with 6+ Strength in Battle to start the game, as well as items from the Purchase deck. The Purchase deck will nearly be out of Weapons and Armour before the game starts!

Yep, maybe. I used to play that game a hundred times when I was young, but I may have lost my experience over time and the characters may be sometimes unbalanced. To be honest, my main purpose was to make characters I would love to play and have fun making them.

the samurai is too powerfull for me because, in fight, you can lose aa fate to reroll, another to add+1 and another to reroll in ths second round !

if you succed in losing life you are very good ! may be you can refight with +1 but lose one life, it's the fight for honour !

could you send us the blank sheet for character ?

in another way, if all the people have powerfull character the game is equivalent. there are allready more powerfull character !

The Ninja should be allowed followers but lose assassination ability when having a follower

Have you considered formatting some standees as well? Other than as mentioned, the King should not be a character for players... and its abilities also seem a bit much, even if architypally appropriate.

In the same venue, if you're going to have a King... you might as well have a Black Knight.