$4 each? Seriously?

By RedMageStatscowski, in Arkham Horror Investigators

Avi_dreader said:

Heh... Some of these miniatures are spot on, but some of them look like cosplayers dressed up as Arkham Horror characters. I'm disappointed that Mark Harrigan isn't holding a flame thrower. I think $4 a piece isn't that bad if you don't feel compelled to collect them all. Maybe just five or six. Or ten. Or twenty :') (I probably won't get any for a while though).

[/QI UOTE]

The poses are great and convey the feal of the character.

I have to agree, was a little disappointed that Mark Harrigan has a Tommy Gun (that is Mike McGlen's sig weapon) and no flamethrower (my fav char).

They do look good and it is going to take some buys over time to get them all.

I will have to start with the favourites 1st.

You rock FFG!!!! The miniatures look awesome and I can't wait to buy them.

Now please release an Investigator carry case for all these minis...one that looks like an archaic wooden chest and inscribed with runes and Elder Signs.

Joe Diamond for the win!!!!

I say. What i've seen does look smashing! I just hope that there will be any game shops here in Sweden that takes them in.

Otherwise i'll just have to take that longed-for US vacation soon, because i know i won't be able to afford the shipping costs.

Made a query some time ago and the shipping would've been almost as much as the game itself.

Anyone who complains about $4 for these cool minis, which could obviously be used for the Call of Cthulhu RPG as well, has apparently never seen the copious amounts of money people spend on D&D mini RARES on eBay. $4 is just about right and I'll be getting all of them. Best believe it.

senorcoo said:

Anyone who complains about $4 for these cool minis, which could obviously be used for the Call of Cthulhu RPG as well, has apparently never seen the copious amounts of money people spend on D&D mini RARES on eBay. $4 is just about right and I'll be getting all of them. Best believe it.

Ebay is secondary market. I think most people are talking about retail.

Ken on Cape said:

senorcoo said:

Ebay is secondary market. I think most people are talking about retail.

I believe you just made his senorcoo's point. If people are prepared to pay upwards of $30(!) for a USED d&d mini then $4 for a brand spanking new one does seem cheap.

$4.00 per is perfectly fair. I will use them for AH and Realms of Cthulhu, I paint miniatures for folks all the time, most good unpainted- unglued minis cost $10+ from store. I usually get paid between 15-25 to paint a like sized model. FF was very smart to pack them all singles for pickers.

Coming from Warhammer 40k where you pay around $6 (or more) for little plasitic models you have to assemble, prime, paint, wash, sealcoat, and flock. This is a very attractive pricing. I will probably get the whole line after I get all the expansions. I've started with TRYING to hunt down a copy of Dunwich.

I have found three Dunwich Horror expansions on Amazon, but you aren't going to like the prices. Check out the upcoming products because I believe they're going to revised Dunwich Horror for the upcoming Miskatonic Horror expansion. I manage to get TKiY expansion for almost double the regular price. If you're willing to pay one of the three prices, go right ahead. However, I believe one of the prices is almost $250 for a brand new DH. I am looking forward to the newest one.

As for the painted figures, Amazon has them as well. a complete set is also about $250. Have fun purchasing them.

The figures are well worth the price in my opinion as an additional extra for those that want them.

There are no plans to revise Dunwich Horror - it's just being reprinted, so the inflated price won't last.

Miskatonic Horror will add some new elements to the Dunwich Horror expansion, for those that own it.

even at $200 , its not that bad . i have a free print and play game called zombie plague , you can find it over at BGG , its free to print out abnd play , but being some one that wants more than just cardboard , i have sent probably $300-$400 pimping it out with minis , laminated maps , custom artscow cards , etc . its not for everyone , but there are plenty of us out there willing to doi it .

As a Warhammer player I get a kick out of this.

If you like collecting, go ahead and spend $150 on investigator minis. Most cheap mini games will run you thrice that cost and give about the same play value. Those produced by GW can cost several times more...

Of course, if you think a $4 mini is a bit much you probably aren't a collector, so you'll probably be more than happy picking up 3 or 4 of the models for your favorite investigators. It's probably what I would do.

is this $4 for a plastic painted figure or an unpainted figure?

$4 for a painted figure and then postage is about passable but unpainted is just a rip off?

There are painted.