Please FFG for the love of Ganesha Release and produce the Cadwallon RPG game!

By Abhoth, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

As the Topic indicates, Please FFG for the love of Ganesha Release and produce the Cadwallon RPG game! Rackham promised to release Secrets 2 and many other books for the game in english after releasing the "basic" rules (which has no beastery or npc's or anything) and the rules omg they were encyrpted with some sorta enigma based code (horrible horrible translation). I am sure you will get a good amount of sales outta a RPG for Cadwallon! All you need to do is translate the 1st 3 books and then fix up the gramma etc and then release beastirys, npc books, campagains etc ! Is this at al likely to happen FFG?

Just as an aside, apparently it wasn't only the English version of the game that was plagued with cryptic and confusing language, but the French version as well. I guess the writing (and/or the editing) just wasn't up to snuff, even in the native language. And I imagine translations only compounded the problem...

But aye, I too would love to see a second edition of this game. Despite the game rules being maddeningly confusing, the book is a thing of beauty to behold, and the non-rules parts are darned well written and very evocative. Easily one of my top five gaming books ever , and one of the few I know I will never sell, even with all the flaws. ...I just wish the RaW made enough sense that I could play it without having to sit down with the book and spend hours taking copious notes first!

Ah well, at least it's providing fabulous material for my Savage World's Cadwallon conversion gui%C3%B1o.gif

Actually if I remember correctly Rackham stated that the cryptic language and vague inferences were done on purpose in order to lend the game an air of mystery. I quite liked it, but then I had secrets 1 before I tried to play it which was a big help.

Anyway, just want to add my own vote to ffg considering picking up and rereleasing the game.

Please.

Ill third that one, I have 2 copies of Cad + secrets and even a copy of secrets 2 in french, I desperatly wanted to play but found it difficult to find others who would put up with the badly translated rules although they were very interested in the setting.

I'll fourth that suggestion!