Been done before

By LETE, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Hiyas!

This 1 looks like a revamped version of Mayfair Games' excellent (Thieves' World) Sanctuary boardgame. Have to wait & see.

L

It took me awhile but now that you mention it I do recall a bunch of similarities between the two. I haven't played that game in over a decade. I think its time to drag it out of storage and give it a look see.

I dont think it is a direct retheme, but I beleive there are enough similarities at first glance from what we know to say that this game has been done before, atleast in spirit.

That said, good luck finding a copy of Sanctuary which is less sexier even if Sanctuary has much better defined background material.

With the rooms to enter and the making of teams it reminds me a bit Tomb (which was always fun to play, still wanting to play the expansion).

Hellfury said:

That said, good luck finding a copy of Sanctuary which is less sexier even if Sanctuary has much better defined background material.

Not that difficult: the internet (& ebay) is your friend!

L

LETE said:

Hiyas!

This 1 looks like a revamped version of Mayfair Games' excellent (Thieves' World) Sanctuary boardgame. Have to wait & see.

L

That's interesting.