New Imperial heavy leaked

By AsmallChicken, in Star Wars: Legion

I remember it being in a commentary for ESB they explained how Vader got there so quickly and why he was personally searching echo base.

I also remember it being referenced in one of the lucasgames video games.

11 hours ago, Khobai said:

Uh what the **** are you blabbering on about? I said give it light closed transport 1. That means it should transport 1 model. not an entire unit. just 1.

Ah, I will admit when I'm mistaken; yes you're right, you did only mean 1 model. I missed the "Light" part of your transport comment. So yes, you do get that. My B.

THAT SAID...

Minus missing that 1 detail (which is wrong for a different reason), you can forgive me since most of your post is your standard shotgun blast of crazy; sorry that 1 pellet was actually not 100% insane. Actually, I take that back; it's still 100% crazy (as I will explain below).

It wasnt called a scout transport for no reason. Because thats one of its main uses: transporting VIPs like Vader or a field commander to the frontlines in advance of the main invasion force.

Pfffff, cite your source you liar (on it being a main use) . A main use? I can't find any evidence of Vader or any VIP riding in an AT-ST like that; it's not even on the Wookieepedia. But I'm sure some random story tidbit might mention that. Whatever. Not the main point here. It still wouldn't make much sense on a vehicle meant to be a firepower deliverer. Dropping off single melee models like Vader would run contrary to its job as fire support; we have the other tank for a reason. Plus, it being a closed transport would mean if transporting a commander, (the only real choice to transport) they can't perform any of their actions and only exist to be an armored command bubble (not useless, but far from ideal). Yeah, let's add "utility" that barely anyone will use! Why? Just because! Do you see what I mean when I say you want Imperials to have every keyword?

Also, maybe I missed 'Light Transport' because the AT-ST is not a light vehicle; it's such a bad suggestion that it didn't even properly register in my mind. Yes, the AT-ST has white defense dice, but it also has Armor; as far as I know, the only Light Transport we have is the Landspeeder. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. You want the hulking, Armor keyword AT-ST to have the same transport rules as Luke's landspeeder, an unarmored, open-cockpit, space Toyota Camry? You are a crazy person.

Because Vehicles should perform the roles their names imply. You dont even have to be a grand tactician or game designer to know that.

Even the zippy landspeeder doesn't have scout 1 (you know, the ACTUAL light transport that makes sense); why should the slow AT-ST have it? Oh right, because Lucas named it that in 1979. For ripping on my reading comprehension, you sure as heck didn't understand my original point: its nomenclature is in relation to other armored units, like the AT-AT. This isn't a tank game (the only place the AT-ST's nomenclature would matter), it's an infantry-focused game; everything is planned around the infantry. So your "but it's in the naaaaaaaaaaame" is invalid. Watch ROTJ or the Mandalorian: Is the AT-ST zipping around? Is it transporting any VIPs? Or it it being used as a lumbering, armored, front-line tank to blast, shock, and displace infantry? Vehicles in this game should act in accordance to how they're used in the movies/shows, not just how they're named.

The AT-ST is not fast. It should not have Scout. It should DEFINITELY not be a Light Transport. You are a crazy person. Please FFG , let the Death Star laser hit him first like it did with Krennic when you zap these forums.

Edited by samusthe17
42 minutes ago, samusthe17 said:

Ah, I will admit when I'm mistaken; yes you're right, you did only mean 1 model. I missed the "Light" part of your transport comment. So yes, you do get that. My B.

THAT SAID...

Minus missing that 1 detail (which is wrong for a different reason), you can forgive me since most of your post is your standard shotgun blast of crazy; sorry that 1 pellet was actually not 100% insane. Actually, I take that back; it's still 100% crazy (as I will explain below).

Pfffff, cite your source you liar (on it being a main use) . A main use? I can't find any evidence of Vader or any VIP riding in an AT-ST like that; it's not even on the Wookieepedia. But I'm sure some random story tidbit might mention that. Whatever. Not the main point here. It still wouldn't make much sense on a vehicle meant to be a firepower deliverer. Dropping off single melee models like Vader would run contrary to its job as fire support; we have the other tank for a reason. Plus, it being a closed transport would mean if transporting a commander, (the only real choice to transport) they can't perform any of their actions and only exist to be an armored command bubble (not useless, but far from ideal). Yeah, let's add "utility" that barely anyone will use! Why? Just because! Do you see what I mean when I say you want Imperials to have every keyword?

Also, maybe I missed 'Light Transport' because the AT-ST is not a light vehicle; it's such a bad suggestion that it didn't even properly register in my mind. Yes, the AT-ST has white defense dice, but it also has Armor; as far as I know, the only Light Transport we have is the Landspeeder. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. You want the hulking, Armor keyword AT-ST to have the same transport rules as Luke's landspeeder, an unarmored, open-cockpit, space Toyota Camry? You are a crazy person.

Even the zippy landspeeder doesn't have scout 1 (you know, the ACTUAL light transport that makes sense); why should the slow AT-ST have it? Oh right, because Lucas named it that in 1979. For ripping on my reading comprehension, you sure as heck didn't understand my original point: its nomenclature is in relation to other armored units, like the AT-AT. This isn't a tank game (the only place the AT-ST's nomenclature would matter), it's an infantry-focused game; everything is planned around the infantry. So your "but it's in the naaaaaaaaaaame" is invalid. Watch ROTJ or the Mandalorian: Is the AT-ST zipping around? Is it transporting any VIPs? Or it it being used as a lumbering, armored, front-line tank to blast, shock, and displace infantry? Vehicles in this game should act in accordance to how they're used in the movies/shows, not just how they're named.

The AT-ST is not fast. It should not have Scout. It should DEFINITELY not be a Light Transport. You are a crazy person. Please FFG , let the Death Star laser hit him first like it did with Krennic when you zap these forums.

That's enough name calling from both sides.

1 hour ago, Ilostmycactus said:

That's enough name calling from both sides.

The Dark Side is temping, but you're right.