New Imperial heavy leaked

By AsmallChicken, in Star Wars: Legion

Not having any nostalgia for them myself, the minirigs always seems a bit naff to me.

Honestly I was expecting the "modern" ITT - FFG did say they wanted to do some Mando stuff - but this could be cool. For me the question is the same as always: is the scale roughly correct? If yes and it's not obscenely priced, I'll buy one, maybe even two or three over time(for terrain). If they do a shrunken dinky version, I'll pass.

I would still love to see probe droids.

Scum faction

There's still quite a bit of stuff they could do from the rebels tv show for GCW. mandalorian has even added some

Clones never had as much variety even within their show.

I don't mind this as an imperial or even galactic heavy. I'm not sure its an improvement over the atst or rogue one tank

I'm guessing that this thing will have some sort of transport keyword, which I think will be pretty fun to use. Being able to drop off flamer snowtroopers or Vader behind enemy troops because the transport just flew right over them will be a nasty tactic. I foresee some cool builds with this.

Has anyone heard anything about the A-A5 Speeder Truck? It's on Miniature Market as a preorder. Might potentially be the ugliest release ever. 😆

On 1/19/2021 at 12:18 AM, CaptMook said:

Has anyone heard anything about the A-A5 Speeder Truck? It's on Miniature Market as a preorder. Might potentially be the ugliest release ever. 😆

Nope aside from it was also shown on the distributor page we get most of our leaks from.

I mean, Rebels don’t exactly have a ton of cool vehicle choices. They’re probably doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Sorry but I’m also not a fan of the hover tanks folks point to, so either way it’s trying to stuff some odd thing into it.

I am curious about the imperial option though, and how well it’ll work in the game.

I think they should focus more on the prequel stuff.

Legion only really took off in my area once that stuff came out.

Or get a scum faction out so we have more variety.

You OT players already have many choices in each unit category. Let us PT peeps catch up to be on a level playing field.

(Unless FFG want to release Dark Troopers. They should totally release dark troopers.)

They are focusing on prequel stuff. This last year the prequels had double the total releases of the OT.

10 hours ago, lologrelol said:

I think they should focus more on the prequel stuff.

Legion only really took off in my area once that stuff came out.

Or get a scum faction out so we have more variety.

You OT players already have many choices in each unit category. Let us PT peeps catch up to be on a level playing field.

(Unless FFG want to release Dark Troopers. They should totally release dark troopers.)

They are already doing this. They've released much more CW stuff than GCW stuff since the CW core set came out. Adding a fifth faction would NOT help this issue that you have.

1 hour ago, arnoldrew said:

They are already doing this. They've released much more CW stuff than GCW stuff since the CW core set came out. Adding a fifth faction would NOT help this issue that you have.

Unless that faction is the Gungan Grand Army!!! *BAWOONKA HORN*

51 minutes ago, Billion Year Old Carbon said:

Unless that faction is the Gungan Grand Army!!! *BAWOONKA HORN*

No, I do not want to see them as their own faction.

I want to see them as a major part of GAR!

Corp - Gungan Infantry with the option for a non-combatant heavy shield bearer who gives them Deflect, along with booma-launching emplacement detachment

Heavy - Booma cart!

Commander - Captain Tarpals

Operative - NO GIBBIN' UP GENERAL JAR JAR!!! YOUSA MAKE A BOMBAD GENERAL!

6 hours ago, GooeyChewie said:

No, I do not want to see them as their own faction.

I want to see them as a major part of GAR!

Corp - Gungan Infantry with the option for a non-combatant heavy shield bearer who gives them Deflect, along with booma-launching emplacement detachment

Heavy - Booma cart!

Commander - Captain Tarpals

Operative - NO GIBBIN' UP GENERAL JAR JAR!!! YOUSA MAKE A BOMBAD GENERAL!

I love the idea of Kaadu Riders rushing across the battlefield too.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:04 AM, samusthe17 said:

I'm guessing that this thing will have some sort of transport keyword, which I think will be pretty fun to use. Being able to drop off flamer snowtroopers or Vader behind enemy troops because the transport just flew right over them will be a nasty tactic. I foresee some cool builds with this.

you can already do that better with an occupier tank since its an open transport. the tie helicopter will likely be a closed transport which will make it suck.

the TIE helicopter was wholly unnecessary to add to the game. the AT-ST couldve just been given light closed transport 1 instead. The AT-ST is an all-terrain scout transport thats neither all-terrain, scouty, or a transport. If it had transport, the AT-ST would have more of a purpose then. There was no need to ever add the TIE helicopter to the game. its a complete waste of a release for imperials that couldve been something good like dark troopers instead.

imperials are struggling to even win games right now they need a new units that are gamechanging and practical. Not goofy overcosted TIE helicopters. And thats exactly what its gonna end up being: goofy and overcosted.

Edited by Khobai
1 hour ago, Khobai said:

you can already do that better with an occupier tank since its an open transport. the tie helicopter will likely be a closed transport which will make it suck.

the TIE helicopter was wholly unnecessary to add to the game. the AT-ST couldve just been given light closed transport 1 instead. The AT-ST is an all-terrain scout transport thats neither all-terrain, scouty, or a transport. If it had transport, the AT-ST would have more of a purpose then. There was no need to ever add the TIE helicopter to the game. its a complete waste of a release for imperials that couldve been something good like dark troopers instead.

imperials are struggling to even win games right now they need a new units that are gamechanging and practical. Not goofy overcosted TIE helicopters. And thats exactly what its gonna end up being: goofy and overcosted.

The thing isn't even out yet and you already hate it. At-st's have never functioned as transports, period. Not to mention that these have likely been in production for who knows how long, before dark troopers, which will come in time.

To be blunt, but in the kindest way, it seems like your bias for what seems to be your favorite faction is coloring the majority of your posts.

12 hours ago, Ilostmycactus said:

The thing isn't even out yet and you already hate it. At-st's have never functioned as transports, period. Not to mention that these have likely been in production for who knows how long, before dark troopers, which will come in time.

To be blunt, but in the kindest way, it seems like your bias for what seems to be your favorite faction is coloring the majority of your posts.

Oh, Khobai...

His views are as enigmatic as they come, it seems anything short of super-deathtroopers is hot garbage to him even when all we have is the name of a unit.

In all honesty its not worth engaging with him, just ignoring seems to be the winning solution. Best not to feed the trolls ;)

Given the last OT heavies brought in new pilots to help previous heavies, I'm curious if these new vehicles will bring in upgrades to help with the transport abilities. Could have additional benefits to the tank and landspeeder along with bringing some new vehicles to the table.

1 hour ago, Weikel said:

Given the last OT heavies brought in new pilots to help previous heavies, I'm curious if these new vehicles will bring in upgrades to help with the transport abilities. Could have additional benefits to the tank and landspeeder along with bringing some new vehicles to the table.

I predict (and hope) they each have a Field Commander pilot that can be used with previous heavies. Leading the Empire with an AT-ST would be epic.

I’ve seen an image of the rebel truck with Wookiees fighting alongside it. The last rules update added “Wookiee trooper” as a type with no special rules around it, so maybe there will be an upgrade making use of that term?

1 hour ago, GooeyChewie said:

I predict (and hope) they each have a Field Commander pilot that can be used with previous heavies. Leading the Empire with an AT-ST would be epic.

I’ve seen an image of the rebel truck with Wookiees fighting alongside it. The last rules update added “Wookiee trooper” as a type with no special rules around it, so maybe there will be an upgrade making use of that term?

I like that line of thinking. Field Commander seems like a must include. And something to interact with Wookies would continue their upswing in viability. I'd love to see "at the end of this transport's activation, disembark any Wookie Troopers". Maybe a little much but would add power to non-jedi melee units.

10 hours ago, Atromix said:

Oh, Khobai...

His views are as enigmatic as they come, it seems anything short of super-deathtroopers is hot garbage to him even when all we have is the name of a unit.

In all honesty its not worth engaging with him, just ignoring seems to be the winning solution. Best not to feed the trolls ;)

how is it enigmatic for me to think a vehicle called an all-terrain scout transport should have all-terrain, scout, and transport abilities? At the very least the AT-ST should have scout 1 and light closed transport 1.

WOW ITS SO "ENIGMATIC" TO EXPECT THE AT-ST TO DO ANY OF THE THINGS ITS NAMESAKE SAYS.

also I have never asked for super-deathtroopers. Ive just asked for imperial units to not be worse than other factions units. I just want the factions to be balanced so imperials arnt the defacto worst faction. I also dont expect dark troopers to be super-deathtroopers either. More like the imperial equivalent of B2s.

Field commander for the Occupier Tank would be even better. The AT-ST is still kindve meh because its weapons cost way too much. The Occupier Tank is fantastic right now. Open Transport is amazing and allows imperials to ignore a lot of crippling downsides like cumbersome. HH12 stormtroopers in an Occupier Tank can really lay down the hurt while still being incredibly mobile.

Edited by Khobai

So the LAAT/le will be a repulsor vehicle, this means that it's probable it's Pilot upgrades will not interact with any other Imperial Vehicles, since the heavies are both Ground Vehicles right now, and also means that Wiess, Arbmab and Hammer Pilot don't interact at all with the LAAT/le.

However all the Rebel heavy vehicles are Repulsor, which means that the A-A5 will get the ability to take Wedge, Ryder and Outer Rim Jockey immediately.

This also assumes that they don't just go to how the Clone Wars pilots are handled and make them unique to the unit anyway, but depending on the nature of the pilot it might still be a good idea for the Rebels to let them spread to the other heavies.

They can always errata the old pilots.

5 hours ago, costi said:

They can always errata the old pilots.

Which would also be a good time for a complete set of errata'd cards of all kinds.

This is why so many people call you a troll. Ignoring how you hate anything Imperial that isn't 5 points, red dice, surge to crit/block, with every keyword in the book...

On 1/24/2021 at 11:18 AM, Khobai said:

how is it enigmatic for me to think a vehicle called an all-terrain scout transport should have all-terrain, scout, and transport abilities? At the very least the AT-ST should have scout 1 and light closed transport 1.

WOW ITS SO "ENIGMATIC" TO EXPECT THE AT-ST TO DO ANY OF THE THINGS ITS NAMESAKE SAYS.

Troll. One of the big draws of Legion is that the units that we play with act very similar to how they act in the canon; they don't do anything too drastically different than what we'd expect them to do.

Well, what a "reasonable" person would expect; so not you.

We've all seen the inside of the AT-ST (in ROTJ), and it barely fits the driver and gunner.

atst inside.jpg

But yeah, according to you, because George Lucas named it an All Terrain Scout Transport (to make it a similar vehicle nomenclature to the AT-AT) in 1979 and it coincidentally has the same word in the name that we use for a keyword, that means it should totally fit an entire squad of troops in it. Or that it's labeled a "scout" compared to the lumbering AT-AT, it should have the scout keyword which is only reserved for extremely mobile, quick infantry units. Yeah, THAT makes sense. Or maybe in an infantry-based game, it should act more according to how we've seen it act in the movies? Nahhhh, those Hack Frauds at Fantasy Flight clearly didn't know what they were doing when designing this. They should all just listen to you Khobai, grand-master tactician and game designer!

I know, I know, I'm replying to Khobai...but this forum is getting blasted by the Death Star in a few days, so why not?

Edited by samusthe17

What if they put out an AT-STT though?

8 hours ago, samusthe17 said:

This is why so many people call you a troll. Ignoring how you hate anything Imperial that isn't 5 points, red dice, surge to crit/block, with every keyword in the book...

Troll. One of the big draws of Legion is that the units that we play with act very similar to how they act in the canon; they don't do anything too drastically different than what we'd expect them to do.

Well, what a "reasonable" person would expect; so not you.

We've all seen the inside of the AT-ST (in ROTJ), and it barely fits the driver and gunner.

atst inside.jpg

But yeah, according to you, because George Lucas named it an All Terrain Scout Transport (to make it a similar vehicle nomenclature to the AT-AT) in 1979 and it coincidentally has the same word in the name that we use for a keyword, that means it should totally fit an entire squad of troops in it. Or that it's labeled a "scout" compared to the lumbering AT-AT, it should have the scout keyword which is only reserved for extremely mobile, quick infantry units. Yeah, THAT makes sense. Or maybe in an infantry-based game, it should act more according to how we've seen it act in the movies? Nahhhh, those Hack Frauds at Fantasy Flight clearly didn't know what they were doing when designing this. They should all just listen to you Khobai, grand-master tactician and game designer!

I know, I know, I'm replying to Khobai...but this forum is getting blasted by the Death Star in a few days, so why not?

Uh what the **** are you blabbering on about? I said give it light closed transport 1. That means it should transport 1 model. not an entire unit. just 1.

In fact Vader rode in an AT-ST to get to echo base.

Again youre the one trolling you dont read anyones posts. Because I never said it should transport more than 1 model.

It wasnt called a scout transport for no reason. Because thats one of its main uses: transporting VIPs like Vader or a field commander to the frontlines in advance of the main invasion force.

The AT-ST should absolutely have scout 1 and light closed transport 1. Because Vehicles should perform the roles their names imply. You dont even have to be a grand tactician or game designer to know that.

You obviously have no clue what youre talking about as usual. The AT-ST is garbage compared to other heavy vehicles like the AAT and Saber Tank. So giving it some added utility absolutely makes sense.

Edited by Khobai
29 minutes ago, Khobai said:

In fact Vader rode around in the AT-ST in ESB to get to echo base. Thats a canonical fact. Look it up.

All right I couldn't find this. Where should I look?