Fire supported You Serve Your Master Well

By Asaverino1019, in Rules

If Luke uses YSYMW on an enemy unit to attack, can it add in fire support from another enemy unit?

48 minutes ago, Asaverino1019 said:

If Luke uses YSYMW on an enemy unit to attack, can it add in fire support from another enemy unit?

No. The logical thing would be to say that the "owner" of the unit decides wheather or not to use Fire Support but I couldn't find an explicit rule for that.

Even so, there is this rule under Fire SUpport:

"To use the fire support keyword, a unit must legally be able to perform a ranged attack, even though using the fire support keyword is not considered to be an attack made by that unit."

And a unit is not by default legally able to perform an attack on a friendly unit:

"Declare Defender: The attacking player chooses one enemy unit to attack; this enemy unit is now the defender."

YSYMW affects only the unit you target, not another enemy units, so it's not possible to add Fire Support to that attack.

By my understanding you could fire support with your own unit, just not an opponents

2 hours ago, syrath said:

By my understanding you could fire support with your own unit, just not an opponents

You can't Fire Support with one of your units either in that case:

"When another friendly unit performs a ranged attack, a unit that has the fire support keyword and a faceup order token may add eligible weapons to the attack pool."

So a unit can Fire Support when another friendly unit attacks, but in this case YSYMW makes an enemy unit attack.

1 hour ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

You can't Fire Support with one of your units either in that case:

"When another friendly unit performs a ranged attack, a unit that has the fire support keyword and a faceup order token may add eligible weapons to the attack pool."

So a unit can Fire Support when another friendly unit attacks, but in this case YSYMW makes an enemy unit attack.

From the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum:

Question 1: When Luke Skywalker uses his command card You Serve Your Master Well to perform a move or attack action with an enemy unit, can the player performing the action spend that unit's tokens?

Answer: Yes. The unit controlled by You Serve Your Master Well is treated as a friendly unit by the player performing an action with it for the duration of that action, and the player can spend that unit's tokens. For example, if the unit performs an attack action, the player can spend its aim tokens to reroll attack dice.

It's a friendly unit at that point. You can use Fire Support from your own units on that attack.

Edit:

Actually, I found this just a few lines down.

Question 4: Can that player use Fire Support to add their own units' dice to the attack pool? What about an enemy unit's dice?

Answer: Because the unit performing the action is treated as a friendly unit for the duration of the action, that player can use the Fire Support keyword of their own units to add dice to the attack pool. The player cannot use the Fire Support keywords of their opponents' units.

Edited by arnoldrew
29 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

From the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum:

Question 1: When Luke Skywalker uses his command card You Serve Your Master Well to perform a move or attack action with an enemy unit, can the player performing the action spend that unit's tokens?

Answer: Yes. The unit controlled by You Serve Your Master Well is treated as a friendly unit by the player performing an action with it for the duration of that action, and the player can spend that unit's tokens. For example, if the unit performs an attack action, the player can spend its aim tokens to reroll attack dice.

It's a friendly unit at that point. You can use Fire Support from your own units on that attack.

Edit:

Actually, I found this just a few lines down.

Question 4: Can that player use Fire Support to add their own units' dice to the attack pool? What about an enemy unit's dice?

Answer: Because the unit performing the action is treated as a friendly unit for the duration of the action, that player can use the Fire Support keyword of their own units to add dice to the attack pool. The player cannot use the Fire Support keywords of their opponents' units.

Thanks I knew it had brrn answered somewhere