Interaction of Landos 2 pip with Comms Relais and Improvised Orders

By M.Mustermann, in Rules

Landos 2 pip can be discarded and used before drawing from your order pool.
It does not specify any context in which you draw from your order pool.
Does that mean you can also trigger the card before drawing the second order token from "Improvised Orders" and resolve the command card instead of choosing between two drawn tokens?

Landos 2 pip gives you the opportunity to issue an order to a friendly unit near him, then activate that unit.
If I give that order token to a unit with a "Comms Relais" or the ability "Authoritative" and give that order token to another unit instead, do I still have to activate the unit with the comms relais, even though it does not have an order token any more?

Edited by M.Mustermann

The unit that has the comms relay doesnt get the dodge as it doeant get issued an order (this order gets issued elsewhere instead as a result of the relay), other similar abilities are the same

5 hours ago, syrath said:

The unit that has the comms relay doesnt get the dodge as it doeant get issued an order (this order gets issued elsewhere instead as a result of the relay), other similar abilities are the same

I did not ask about the upper part of the command card.
The question was about the second part.
Instead of playing the card as normal, you can discard the card from your hand or from your contingencies in the activation phase.
The last sentence on the command card sais "issue an order to Lando Calrissian or a friendly unit within range 1-2 of him, then activate that unit".
If I issue an order to a unit with a Comms Relais near Lando and use the relais to give the order to another unit instead, do I still have to activate the unit with the relais?
Or do I activate the other unit that eventually received a command token?

it is an odd wording, i dont see anything that specifically prohibits you from comms relaying the Order onto another unit but you would then have to activate the unit that ends up with the new order i think,

it would be one that i would check with FFG about on this form here https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/ then let us know what the ruling is from them

Timing for what your asking about is the problem.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, M.Mustermann said:

Landos 2 pip can be discarded and used before drawing from your order pool.
It does not specify any context in which you draw from your order pool.
Does that mean you can also trigger the card before drawing the second order token from "Improvised Orders" and resolve the command card instead of choosing between two drawn tokens?

Landos 2 pip gives you the opportunity to issue an order to a friendly unit near him, then activate that unit.
If I give that order token to a unit with a "Comms Relais" or the ability "Authoritative" and give that order token to another unit instead, do I still have to activate the unit with the comms relais, even though it does not have an order token any more?

Timing is the problem. Comms relay is used during the command face when giving face up order tokens to units. The second half of landos card is used during the activation phase when you would be drawing a random order token.
If you play it as a 2 pip command card only the top half is useable if you discard it both sections are viable, but the big take away is, you can’t activate units during the command phase.

38 minutes ago, Shadowhawk252 said:

Timing is the problem. Comms relay is used during the command face when giving face up order tokens to units. The second half of landos card is used during the activation phase when you would be drawing a random order token.
If you play it as a 2 pip command card only the top half is useable if you discard it both sections are viable, but the big take away is, you can’t activate units during the command phase.

I disagree, you're assuming that Comms Relay can only be used during the command phase, but the only trigger to that card is "When you would be issued an order" and Lando's card issues an order. There's no specification for Comms Relay to only work during the command phase.
On the other hand, just clarify that if you discard that command card, you only resolve the "discard" part and you do it during the activation phase, so you already played another command card for that turn and issued the orders.

Back to the questions of the OP, to me right now we don't have anything concrete to get answers. If you use Lando's 2 pip's discard effect after using Improvised orders, you would be breaking that card, as you won't be drawing a second order token and thus have nothing to choose from and return the "not chosen" order token to the pool.

Regarding the Comms Relay one, the queston is wheather or not the "then activate that unit" part passes to the unit that finally gets the order. If not you would be forced to activate a unit for which you don't have the order token and we have no rules for that.

I think that we need official clarification for both, there's still 2 months until the product is officially released, so I'm notsure when FFG (or whoever it is) will answer it now.

2 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

I disagree, you're assuming that Comms Relay can only be used during the command phase, but the only trigger to that card is "When you would be issued an order" and Lando's card issues an order. There's no specification for Comms Relay to only work during the command phase.
On the other hand, just clarify that if you discard that command card, you only resolve the "discard" part and you do it during the activation phase, so you already played another command card for that turn and issued the orders.

Back to the questions of the OP, to me right now we don't have anything concrete to get answers. If you use Lando's 2 pip's discard effect after using Improvised orders, you would be breaking that card, as you won't be drawing a second order token and thus have nothing to choose from and return the "not chosen" order token to the pool.

Regarding the Comms Relay one, the queston is wheather or not the "then activate that unit" part passes to the unit that finally gets the order. If not you would be forced to activate a unit for which you don't have the order token and we have no rules for that.

I think that we need official clarification for both, there's still 2 months until the product is officially released, so I'm notsure when FFG (or whoever it is) will answer it now.

Pretty sure at this point FFG doesn't have anyone related to the Rules side of Legion employed, so we'd need AMG to answer.

Just my interpretation but I dont think u can use landos 2 pip and improvised orders together. U have to discard landos 2 pip before pulling an order token by the time u are using IMP order u are now after drawing a token and not before so u can't discard landos card even if u are drawing another token. That and I dont think u can interupt IMP orders effect in the middle of it to trigger somthing else. But these are just my thoughts I havent gone looking in the rules to back any of this up