Unit Activations (& Command Phase)

By tatsue440, in Rules

I have a question regarding unit activation and the command phase. I am new to Star Wars Legion and can't seem to wrap my head around some of the concepts in the rulebook. During the command phase, you issue orders based on the command card that you play, which tells you how many units are given active face-up tokens. My question is: do you ever get to fully activate more than one unit in a turn? Such as playing the 'assault' card which says 3 units? Or is the whole point of the command phase to allow you to basically guarantee which units will be able to be chosen for activation, rather than the blind draw? But still only ever activating 1 unit at a time?

Sorry if that is a bit confusing. It just seems

11 minutes ago, tatsue440 said:

I have a question regarding unit activation and the command phase. I am new to Star Wars Legion and can't seem to wrap my head around some of the concepts in the rulebook. During the command phase, you issue orders based on the command card that you play, which tells you how many units are given active face-up tokens. My question is: do you ever get to fully activate more than one unit in a turn? Such as playing the 'assault' card which says 3 units? Or is the whole point of the command phase to allow you to basically guarantee which units will be able to be chosen for activation, rather than the blind draw? But still only ever activating 1 unit at a time?

Sorry if that is a bit confusing. It just seems

You can only activate 1 unit in each of your turns. That issuing of orders is for what you said of having control over when to activate that unit (or trigger some effects later like Fire Support), but the activations always alternate between players, 1 at a time.

As an exception, there are actually 2 command cards that let you activate 2 units in a row (if I'm not forgetting any), Leia's "Somebody has to save our skin" and Chewbacca's "Common cause".

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Okay, so I'm not crazy lol. Thank you for clarifying that. At first, I was trying to figure out why we even have the command phase if we only ever get to activate 1 unit at a time. But it makes sense now.